Happy 10th to the Pegulas!

BillsFan619

Hard to believe it's been 10 years. My dad, brother, some friends, and I went to the home opener against Miami after it was announced that the Pegula's had agreed to buy the team. They also had the ceremony to honor Ralph. Jim Kelly was in the early stages of his cancer battle. The ovation he got when he stepped up to the podium to speak at the ceremony gave me chills. What an atmosphere that day! Not to mention the Bills went on the beat the snot out of the Dolphins that day too. 

Edited by holla83
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.  They should have just let someone else buy it and move the team.  Not like many people would care, the NHL finals has less average TV views than the INDY 500.   

More like sell the team to someone who will keep the team here, AND run it like a professional franchise…not a 13 year(and counting) trainwreck. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kudos for keeping the team in Buffalo (as long as the locals built you a new stadium)!

They bought the team a decade ago. 

A stadium had been needed for some time, and it’s finally coming out of the ground. 

Thank you for keeping the team “home” where they belong. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m grateful to the Pegulas.  I love the Bills and my sister works for 25 years for the Sabres.  They made their rookie mistake with Wrex, and fixed it with this crew.  I’m not a huge NHL guy, but it looks like they made a good hire with Lindy.  You have to give it time.  It was shaky with the 17 and 18 Bills, but the leadership came together and built something.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.  They should have just let someone else buy it and move the team.  Not like many people would care, the NHL finals has less average TV views than the INDY 500.   

Move the Bills instead.  The Sabres have some of the highest tv ratings for NHL. It's not my fault the game is too fast for you. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Move the Bills instead.  The Sabres have some of the highest tv ratings for NHL. It's not my fault the game is too fast for you. 

I love hockey fans who think they are just that much more intelligent than the regular sports fan.    Constantly hear how the MLB and NBA are dying games but they consistently get 10 times the viewers of the NHL.

The game isn't too fast.  It just isn't entertaining.  Add that to the fact that the league does a piss poor job of marketing it and you have a recipe for disaster.  The 1st game of the season was in Europe.  The opening game in North America was while people were still at work.  Groundbreaking stuff.  

It's great they have "some of the best tv ratings in the NHL" similar to being the best at scooping your dogs crap.    Your great but no one knows and you're still shoveling crap.

Sabres fans should be thanking their lucky stars Pegula keeps the team here.    But yes they should sell the team they make 100 million dollars in profit on a year and keep they one who never wins in a league no one watches.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

4 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Disagree.  If anything, find someone to buy the team but have to keep it in Buffalo.  But is there anyone?  Who knows where the Sabres would have been if the Pegulas didn't buy them?  Since then the NHL has expanded to LV, Seattle and Utah.

20 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

No one (sane) would move an NFL franchise and keep an NHL one.

58 minutes ago, Augie said:

They bought the team a decade ago. 

A stadium had been needed for some time, and it’s finally coming out of the ground. 

Thank you for keeping the team “home” where they belong. 

You forgot to thank them for threatening/extorting  850 million out of the public, while covering their end with PSLs and bits of the team sold off to venture capitalists.

31 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

local ratings.  The Sabres have no national draw.  

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

You forgot to thank them for threatening/extorting  850 million out of the public, while covering their end with PSLs and bits of the team sold off to venture capitalists.

I didn’t hear a gun go off. 

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

Disagree.  If anything, find someone to buy the team but have to keep it in Buffalo.  But is there anyone?  Who knows where the Sabres would have been if the Pegulas didn't buy them?  Since then the NHL has expanded to LV, Seattle and Utah.

No one (sane) would move an NFL franchise and keep an NHL one.

I was being facetious.  I think the Sabres fans will be singing a different tune by the end of this season.  I think they will be better under Lindy.

But to hear them complain and moan when the team could have very well been sold and moved elsewhere drives me nuts.    

Wow, yes, thank you to the Pegulas for turning our team around!

Cannot believe what they have been able to accomplish, thought it had been longer.

Now, they will  work to make sure the Bills take the next steps and become champions. I am confident in that.