MENU -- Bills @ NY Monday October 14th -- NEW YORK JETS -- What's on Your Plate?

23 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Tony Soprano would have had you taken out for a disrespectful comment such as this.

The New Jersey Family NEVER liked coming north of the border even when they were invited because they knew if they called the Pasta Sauce "Gravy" things got awkward fast.

• Like (+1) 1

Because it is Canadian Thanksgiving, I have been instructed by my Wife that I am reduced to the role of only making side dishes to the capon I sourced for her and she subsequently brined.

No problem I figured since I can harvest the potatoes, beets, spinach, lettuce, carrots and sweet & hot peppers I grew this summer.

Nope.

I harvested the potatoes and power washed them apparently for my daughter to make a side dish for.

Anyone got any good recipes for beets?

Spinach?

FML

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES

On 10/13/2024 at 1:51 AM, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Because it is Canadian Thanksgiving, I have been instructed by my Wife that I am reduced to the role of only making side dishes to the capon I sourced for her and she subsequently brined.

No problem I figured since I can harvest the potatoes, beets, spinach, lettuce, carrots and sweet & hot peppers I grew this summer.

Nope.

I harvested the potatoes and power washed them apparently for my daughter to make a side dish for.

Anyone got any good recipes for beets?

Spinach?

FML

Gotta have poutine, right? Isn't that a canadian thing?

53 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Gotta have poutine, right? Isn't that a canadian thing?

Yes.

Mostly Quebec however very popular throughout Canada

That reminds me that I have gravy I made in the freezer that I should get thawed out now.

Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I’m not doing anything g special for a MNF game so it’s leftovers from the weekend. That means either Guinness Beef Stew or Chicken Makhni. However, all of the pastrami talk makes me want to freeze some of that and get a Rachael from Jonny C’s. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Monday afternoon at the beach, grilling burgers and dogs, then going over to a friend’s boat to watch the game, snacks and the like, 

GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I love roasted beets, but they are a bit of a pain to roast just in terms of getting the right texture.

i found these at my local store, and love them— very easy. Pop them in the microwave. 

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Beets-Antioxidants-Boosting-Preservatives/dp/B093K8DVZ3

Thanks Bills Brethren.

It looks like I am being squeezed on the sides as well so I am going to "skip a beet"....Get it?  Huh?  Get it?

Did the Spinach, Onion Gravy, Apple Sauce and Freshly Picked Salad.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Say what you want about the GoGo's, but this song rocks its ass off.  From the opening drumbeat, then layering on the guitar, but the coup de grace, the bass riff.  After that, the roller coaster has left the station, and you have to hang on and just enjoy the ride.

Edited by Freddie's Dead
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Say what you want about the GoGo's, but this song rocks its ass off.  From the opening drumbeat, then layering on the guitar, but the coup de grace, the bass riff.  After that, the roller coaster has left the station, and you have to hang on and just enjoy the ride.

Saw The GoGo's at a Police Picnic in Oakville, Ontario, Canada in the late 70's.

They were awesome.

I was a BIG fan of The Police (and SuperTramp) and saw the next two Police Picnics in Toronto at the old Exhibition Stadium.

My buddy and I had GAs and a 26 oz wine skin each of rum and rye respectively.  We gave to them to two ladies to crotch through the gates.

I remember my buddy saying "let's go the opposite of the football field from the end zone stage, buy some cola and have a few drinks" since the Opening Act was The Spoons and we knew them well since they were from Burlington and we were from Hamilton.

So we are less than 30 minutes into our debauchery and the next band goes on playing the song below.

Before the song was 1/3 the way through we crossed the entire football field and worked our way to 6 feet from the front of the stage in a very skillful, polite and diplomatic manner.    We had NO idea who The English Beat were NOR had we heard the song however it so motivated us`.

Edited by HIT BY SPIKES
  • Like (+1) 1