Construct the best Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwhich

43 minutes ago, Simon said:

A PBJ should have the gooiest, sweetest most sugar-laden white bread you can possibly find.

Like falling apart Wonder bread levels of awfulness.....

No way.  You need to taste the jelly/preserves and it shouldn't dominate it.  It's the reason it's PBJ and not JPB....peanut butter is the leader.

White bread is awful.  White hamburger buns okay but white bread, I don't like to feed that to ducks.

59 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

but white bread, I don't like to feed that to ducks.

The only bread that should go inside a duck is the stuffing you prepare with a roast duck, and only because at that point the ducks overall health has become somewhat less of a concern. Bread is bad for living ducks, but very good for dead ducks.

White bread is horrifically bad for me too, however I value myself less than I do a cute, fuzzy duck so have no qualms about eating it sometimes.

Like when I want to make a properly gooey PBJ. With creamy, honey-infused peanut butter. And no nasty, grainy bread made from leaves and other chunks of coarse plant material.

For example, I made this well-crafted masterpiece while rolling across Oklahoma. Take note not only of the proper proportions and the perfectly shaped spread, but also the complete absence of wheat and twigs sticking out the sides. Do not take note of the speedometer; it was, ummm.... broken. And don't ask why my hands aren't on the wheel; outsider artists need latitude to operate properly.

image.thumb.png.b002223ef9bd4c607404bcf7c037bb09.png

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

The only bread that should go inside a duck is the stuffing you prepare with a roast duck, and only because at that point the ducks overall health has become somewhat less of a concern. Bread is bad for living ducks, but very good for dead ducks.

White bread is horrifically bad for me too, however I value myself less than I do a cute, fuzzy duck so have no qualms about eating it sometimes.

For example, when I want to make a properly gooey PBJ. With creamy honey-infused peanut butter. And no nasty, grainy bread made from twigs and leaves.

I only like honey in my green tea.

What can I give living ducks?  Pizza logs?

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What can I give living ducks?  Pizza logs?

You could probably give them whole wheat bread since it's not really bread. 0:)

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When Jesus broke bread, I am pretty sure it wasn’t Wonder Bread.  I eat like Jesus and I am being criticized.

That's because Wonder Bread is soft and doesn't "break".

And you're not being criticized; it's more of a gentle teaching.

Which means I'm probably more like Jesus than you are.

Throw in the blond hair and blue eyes typically seen around Bethlehem and I win this one going away.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

That's because Wonder Bread is soft and doesn't "break".

And you're not being criticized; it's more of a gentle teaching.

Which means I'm probably more like Jesus than you are.

Throw in the blond hair and blue eyes and I win this one going away.

Would you like to meat me at a Vegan Protest and roast some duck next to them?

Do you see the pun?

4 hours ago, Simon said:

Like when I want to make a properly gooey PBJ. With creamy, honey-infused peanut butter. And no nasty, grainy bread made from leaves and other chunks of coarse plant material.

For example, I made this well-crafted masterpiece while rolling across Oklahoma. Take note not only of the proper proportions and the perfectly shaped spread, but also the complete absence of wheat and twigs sticking out the sides. Do not take note of the speedometer; it was, ummm.... broken. And don't ask why my hands aren't on the wheel; outsider artists need latitude to operate properly.

image.thumb.png.b002223ef9bd4c607404bcf7c037bb09.png

That looks like how I would do it, but I don't keep these things in the house because I will eat anything without control that is in my house. 

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Would you like to meat me at a Vegan Protest and roast some duck next to them?

Do you see the pun?

Is this a nambla thing? 🫣

I would never date a dude that had wheat bread stuck in his teeth.  

10 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When Jesus broke bread, I am pretty sure it wasn’t Wonder Bread.  I eat like Jesus and I am being criticized.

I also wear sandals all the time.  We are very similar.

I was raised secular so I'm genuinely curious.  Was using whole wheat bread to break bread the reason he was given the death sentence?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, DD4Bills said:

1. Three pieces of thick cut bread (prefer whole wheat, but you do you)

2. Thick spread of PB on piece #1

3. Thin spread of jelly or jam, usually strawberry but doesn't really matter...as you'll see, on piece #2

4. Throw out piece #2 and replace with piece #3 covered with thick spread of Fluff

5. Piece #3 on piece #1

6. Enjoy

That's a waste.  Use piece #2 with piece #4 to make PBJ sandwich #2.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

If only a big mac ever looked like that

We ordered McD's a few days ago and I decided to get a QPC instead of my usual Big Mac since I was reminded that it's the only burger they make with fresh not frozen "meat."  I found a $7 deluxe (adds mayo, lettuce, onions and tomato) medium meal deal on the app (a great deal considering the QPC alone is $7.29 and you get medium fries and a drink) and had them remove the ketchup, mustard, mayo and tomato and add Big Mac sauce (for $.30 extra).  I liked it better than the Big Mac.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1