Samuel and Shakir not practicing Wednesday

JerseyBills

5 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Nowadays, i'm not even sure i'm allowed to laugh at this comment without hurting someone's feelings or triggering them......show us on the doll where the bad man hurt you.

Meh Feelings...  And you stole my response!  Damn work meetings...

I do think our receiver group will be fine when healthy (Shakir makes them all better), but I would like to see Shavers and Hamler over Scantling and Hollins -- at least for a big enough sample of reps to see what they do.  Hollins is at least a good blocker and special teamer, but Scantling -- ugh.

The Bills feel like the only team in the NFL where fans just make an automatic excuse when players are injured.  Gimme a break.  Every team has injuries.  You know what you can't afford to lose? your Franchise QB....and also your all-world defensive line guy like Chris Jones.  But otherwise,  2nd string depth players should be able to step in and hold the fort for a couple weeks.  Season ending injuries to starters are a different story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blackbeard said:

Down so many personnel.  How many starters out?  My God.

Yet somehow it'll be ALL McD fault for a loss.

But it 100% falls on McD and the coaching staff. You play with the hand you’re dealt. 

Don’t see Reid and the Chiefs crying that they’ve lost 2 players who are the most pivotal to that offense outside the QB. 

For all his mishaps and errors, Josh is a top 3-5 QB in the league. They’re missing ONE guy who came into his own at the end of last season and had a great continuation into this year. 

Who else besides Shakir? No one. The anemic offense we are seeing in comparison to recent weeks and previous years is the coaching and FO’s fault. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

So their not practicing today??

Practice hasn't happened yet today.

The OP is talking about yesterday.

How this thread still exists and has the same title, I have no idea. 

2 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

I wouldn’t overreact about a Wednesday practice with a Monday game.  Today will be more of an indicator.  I’m assuming you mean yesterday cause i haven’t seen any reports about today yet.  

Agreed but would've liked to see limited at least 

Look, we're dealing with injuries like everyone else, but the reality is that our Offense is so poorly conceived that it wouldnt matter if we had our full strength team in there.  Everyone's going to load the box, and bring the heat until Allen and company figure it out.  In years past, that would mean Allen being creative, the broken play offense, but that's clearly been coached out of him. We've taken a wild stallion and turned him into a plow horse so that McD can barf platitudes about complimentary football, and maybe fewer turnovers. That's all great but repeated 3 and outs are literally worse than scoring one drive then turning it over the next. 

The back breaker is watching the opposing O have a long grueling drive then watching us go 3 and out.  I dont even mean from a football perspective, I mean watching 30 minutes of realtime commercials with a few moments of football thrown in to watch the Bills hand the ball back in 3 minutes of realtime

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BananaB said:
1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

And the Chiefs played and won this week without their top RB and WR….who are both possibly out for the season! 

If only we had Andy Reid running our O instead of Joe Brady

don't forget the HOF Tight End and 1st team All-Pro Center and LG

14 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Bills feel like the only team in the NFL where fans just make an automatic excuse when players are injured.  Gimme a break.  Every team has injuries.  You know what you can't afford to lose? your Franchise QB....and also your all-world defensive line guy like Chris Jones.  But otherwise,  2nd string depth players should be able to step in and hold the fort for a couple weeks.  Season ending injuries to starters are a different story.

Especially when the starters are 2nd string depth players…😉

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

The Chiefs offense is still struggling.  They struggled last year and the beginning of this year.

Mahomes has 6 TD/6 INT this year so far....

Nobody wants to hear it because Mahomes, but they have been winning with defense and special teams (kicking) for two straight seasons. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Chiefs offense is still struggling.  They struggled last year and the beginning of this year.

Mahomes has 6 TD/6 INT this year so far....

They looked good against the Saints, but have not been good.. at all.. through their 5-0 start.  

They have an elite defense and win games like we just lost vs Houston.  An Andy Reid led team likely wins that game.   And, in fairness, probably a Mahomes-led team.. because he would understand the necessity to get to OT and not psychotically push the ball down the field. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

🤷‍♂️Mods could move this thread, just didn't see where else to post. 

Alot of ppl been saying Samuel has been injured , which reflects his lack of production and Shakir is obviously a huge part of our O. Just infuriating,  being that our O is struggling. Hope 1 or both can play Mon. 

With Cook also banged up, even though I'm least worried about him ,this has turned into a ****show , Guess we'll be seeing alot of Shavers , not sure who takes over the slot, guess alot of 2 TE sets. Knox/Kincaid need to step up. Ray should fill in for Cook nicely. 

2 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

No practice on Thursdays isn't a great sign, even with a MNF game.

This is regarding Wednesday's practice and considering when it was posted it's misleading and a little panic inducing.

I can't find ANY Thursday reports yet. OP should add "on Wednesday" to the end of the title until further notice.

We should be hearing about their practice status today soon.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MPL said:

don't forget the HOF Tight End and 1st team All-Pro Center and LG

Kelce isn’t what he was. Very pedestrian season prior to the Chargers and Saints games who didn’t even let him beat them. They literally let him be wide open. 

You have a point on the OLine though, that interior is something else. Exceptional trio of players. Especially Thuney and Humphrey. 

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is regarding Wednesday's practice and considering when it was posted it's misleading and a little panic inducing.

I can't find ANY Thursday reports yet. OP should add "on Wednesday" to the end of the title until further notice.

We should be hearing about their practice status today soon.

Figured it was obvious considering I posted this AM..

• JerseyBills changed the title to Samuel and Shakir not practicing Wednesday