Samuel and Shakir not practicing Wednesday

JerseyBills

42 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

But it 100% falls on McD and the coaching staff. You play with the hand you’re dealt. 

RIght.   And if you're dealt a 3 and a 10?

Cmon man.  Personnel means a LOT.   That's why theres a cap.  Otherwise teams would just buy all 5 star players.  

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And the Chiefs played and won this week without their top RB and WR….who are both possibly out for the season! 

They have the best QB and perhaps the best coach and can make due. Bills don't have that luxury.

24 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

RIght.   And if you're dealt a 3 and a 10?

Cmon man.  Personnel means a LOT.   That's why theres a cap.  Otherwise teams would just buy all 5 star players.  

LOL

Come on man? Come on to yourself…

Any personnel issues are caused by a regime as a whole, like I said coaching an FO. 

The chide “buy 5 star players” is unnecessary. You buy players who actually have use and fit the system you’re deploying. 

Sure 3rd and 10 isn’t ideal but why are you in that position? Coaching. 
Why do you not have players/personnel who should be leaned on, outside Josh, to help convert those downs and distances? Front Office. 

It’s a combo bro. There is no depth on offense but a load of depth on the defense that can and has stepped up and played. 

The offense lost their top 2 receivers, whether you like Gabe and Stef or not. Their incumbent center that’s been a stalwart for Josh and the rest of the line when not concussed. 

Not a great lot of effort in replacing those 2 targets that have produced for this team. 

Edited by Sojourner

Having a defensive struggle against the Jets does not bode well. It will be a replay of last years first game which was excruciating. Of course another week has gone by and there is no additional help from outside for our offense. The Jets may have something to prove after getting Saleh fired and we dont tend to win these emotional matchups with McD not being a Levy like "win one for the gipper" type coach.  Then again the Jets could implode all over like last week or the Denver game. Heres hoping.

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

LOL

Come on man? Come on to yourself…

Any personnel issues are caused by a regime as a whole, like I said coaching an FO. 

The chide “buy 5 star players” is unnecessary. You buy players who actually have use and fit the system you’re deploying. 

Why do you not have players/personnel who should be leaned on, outside Josh, to help convert those downs and distances? Front Office. 

It’s a combo bro. There is no depth on offense but a load of depth on the defense that can and has stepped up and played. 

The offense lost their top 2 receivers, whether you like Gabe and Stef or not. Their incumbent center that’s been a stalwart for Josh and the rest of the line when not concussed. 

Not a great lot of effort in replacing those 2 targets that have produced for this team. 

Personnel issues are caused by the regime?    SO Terry Pegula took about Von's ability to play?   Or broke Milano's arm?

Maybe we're disagreeing about two separate things.  My point is that if you have second and third stringers playing, all won' t be as well as if you had starters.  Personnel matters is the point.

Agree to disagree.  

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

You didn't get my quote.

When you're dealt a 3 and a 10... meaning cards.  Not downs, etc.    You had mentioned playing the cards you're dealt.  

37 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Personnel issues are caused by the regime?    SO Terry Pegula took about Von's ability to play?   Or broke Milano's arm?

Maybe we're disagreeing about two separate things.  My point is that if you have second and third stringers playing, all won' t be as well as if you had starters.  Personnel matters is the point.

Agree to disagree.  

You didn't get my quote.

When you're dealt a 3 and a 10... meaning cards.  Not downs, etc.    You had mentioned playing the cards you're dealt.  

Difference between ‘personnel’ and ‘personal’ issues my friend. If you meant personal issues i.e. injuries then I don’t know that with the incorrect spelling and no alluding to such in a comment. 

Of course having backups play isn’t ideal but if those backups aren’t of quality that’s an indictment on those who build the team. The backups on defense have played very well imo, outside the Baltimore game. Which can be credited to coaching as much as the players. 

And sure, those cards suck but the right player can make a lot work. That’s where percentages come into play. We have done very little with what we’ve had. That wasn’t the issue prior. 

10 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Difference between ‘personnel’ and ‘personal’ issues my friend. If you meant personal issues i.e. injuries then I don’t know that with the incorrect spelling and no alluding to such in a comment. 

Of course having backups play isn’t ideal but if those backups aren’t of quality that’s an indictment on those who build the team. The backups on defense have played very well imo, outside the Baltimore game. Which can be credited to coaching as much as the players. 

And sure, those cards suck but the right player can make a lot work. That’s where percentages come into play. We have done very little with what we’ve had. That wasn’t the issue prior. 

No, i'm saying personnel issues, of which, injuries are involved.  If you have your starters (your personnel) out, you're using lesser players (still personnel).

My point is that the coaches get a lot of flack, when most of it occurs by mid tier players who aren't as fast, have worse hands or issues than starters.  

Lets move on.  Trying to work.

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

No, i'm saying personnel issues, of which, injuries are involved.  If you have your starters (your personnel) out, you're using lesser players (still personnel).

My point is that the coaches get a lot of flack, when most of it occurs by mid tier players who aren't as fast, have worse hands or issues than starters.  

Lets move on.  Trying to work.

I fully understand that point. But personnel issues lay solely on a coach and the front office. 

If a company employees people who can’t do their job, are unqualified or a detriment to the operation then that has to be their fault to a large proportion. 

If a guy is hired to do job A but can only do jobs B and C but are never capable of doing job A to begin with, that’s their fault?

23 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

I fully understand that point. But personnel issues lay solely on a coach and the front office. 

If a company employees people who can’t do their job, are unqualified or a detriment to the operation then that has to be their fault to a large proportion. 

If a guy is hired to do job A but can only do jobs B and C but are never capable of doing job A to begin with, that’s their fault?

It’s not exactly apples to apples w your analogy as there is a cap that is in place in the NFL.  Not so much in the real world.  There you can just pay a better qualified employee more to do a better job.