Chris Simms- good and detailed breakdown of Allen’s struggles vs Houston

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

let me break down bills fandom 2024 style through the quarter mark

step 1- be certain that the offense will be fine in the offseason despite obvious personnel/scheme deficiencies

step2- proclaim correct-ness after 3 games despite clear sustainability issues

step3- watch weeks 4&5 in disbelief

step4- blame allen

let me break down GoBills808's fandom 2018-2024 style through the quarter mark:

step 1- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step2- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step3- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step4- Fire the coach

• Haha (+1) 9

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

let me break down GoBills808's fandom 2018-2024 style through the quarter mark:

step 1- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step2- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step3- coaching doesn't matter. Its all Allen

step4- Fire the coach

Deliberately haven't talked about the coach this yr. Remember who was big on not blaming Dorsey when we hit a similar rough patch

But no surprise I'm getting gaslit by everyone who thought this offense was going to be just peachy. It would be exhausting if I cared I guess

Worst part is I can't even do the big I told you so

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Deliberately haven't talked about the coach this yr. Remember who was big on not blaming Dorsey when we hit a similar rough patch

But no surprise I'm getting gaslit by everyone who thought this offense was going to be just peachy. It would be exhausting if I cared I guess

Worst part is I can't even do the big I told you so

I am just messing with you.  I agreed with you all offseason in predicting this offense would suck and was philosophically wrong for our QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

seems like a 17-9 game to me. With us having the 9

Love to be proven wrong...but their defense is a NIGHTMARE and other than 1 game?  Josh has struggled against them 

The one game being the last meeting seems relevant though to be fair haha. I watch enough jets football for it to classify as torture and that defense doesn’t look quite as great to me this year as years past…the dline play has been pretty bad.  Corners are extremely good outside but nickel corner seems gettable even if Carter plays and the safety play has been meh.

statistically they’ve faced three even worse offenses than us believe it or not so it’s masking some issues if you just look at stats.  I don’t think the Darnold Vikings offense will be any better than ours when the dust settles either even if we are as bad as everyone is guessing 

They’ve actually faced a lot of good defenses though and Morgan Moses will be back replacing fashanu (who looks really bad so far) so I think this game is a pretty sneaky ‘the offenses play better than anyone expects’ type game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am just messing with you.  I agreed with you all offseason in predicting this offense would suck and was philosophically wrong for our QB.  

This better not be payback for not paying for lunch because I offered

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

let me break down bills fandom 2024 style through the quarter mark

step 1- be certain that the offense will be fine in the offseason despite obvious personnel/scheme deficiencies

step2- proclaim correct-ness after 3 games despite clear sustainability issues

step3- watch weeks 4&5 in disbelief

step4- blame allen

I appreciate that after exactly two weeks the entire board and the rest of the Bills social media sphere has flipped around to wanting us to trade for a WR. Our fanbase quietly got smarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It is possible to think all of:

- Joe Brady is better than Ken Dorsey;

- That the Bills offense was severely lacking talent in the skill positions and could struggle;

- Allen is clearly being let down but also sucked in the first half against Houston.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I appreciate that after exactly two weeks the entire board and the rest of the Bills social media sphere has flipped around to wanting us to trade for a WR. Our fanbase quietly got smarter.

I don't think anyone said they would refuse a WR but thought we could be fine without one.  We had a #1 last year and for about an 8 week stretch, averaged I believe 18 ppg which is 2018 levels.  

Before the draft, I was advocating big time for one of the top WR's.  Didn't think we had a chance at Harrison or Nabers but was big on Odunze.  I wanted Ladd McConkey once everyone was off the board.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

- That the Bills offense was severely lacking talent in the skill positions and could struggle;

- Allen is clearly being let down but also sucked in the first half against Houston.

I don't care about who's better Brady or Dorsey

I said point blank the reason I preferred 22-23 offense is because it limited Allen's exposure to injury and I was worried Brady was going to get him hurt and guess what

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

I don't care about who's better Brady or Dorsey

I said point blank the reason I preferred 22-23 offense is because it limited Allen's exposure to injury and I was worried Brady was going to get him hurt and guess what

I don't think it did though. His worst season affecting injury came in that offense and he ran more than any other year in that offense. I contend it is just your perception.

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He did suck on that final possession of the game, though, too. What the hell was he thinking on those first two choices? The play was there on third down but he got hit. To be fair, it's hard to block in the EZ because you simply can't do anything close to holding in that situation (it'd end the game), so I don't really blame Dawkins. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brand J said:

Wasn’t it you who also said that Allen’s off game against the Jets in the opener last year wasn’t one of the five biggest issues in determining the outcome? 

No it wasn't because my point has never been about single game outcomes but about season long or even multi season long outcomes.  My point is that bad games happen to every player and sometimes the team losses a game because of a key player having a bad day and I say so what.

My point is that at no time in the last 5 years have I thought that Allen was one of the top 5 or even top 10 problems facing the Bills.  He wasn't one of the top 10 issues facing the Bills after his bad game against the Jets, his even worse game against Jacksonville a few years ago or his poor game Sunday. Allen is the NUMBER ONE reason the Bills have made the playoffs the last 5 straight years. The NUMBER ONE reason they have won 4 straight Division titles and the NUMBER ONE reason NFL people view the Bills as a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Do you disagree?  If you do I would love to hear who you think fills that role.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They are two separate points. You can criticise a player for playing poorly and still not think they are a problem going forward. You don't have to think someone is a problem for the long term to criticise them. 

Criticising Josh Allen for Sunday, first half especially, is legitimate. I don't think anyone here is arguing he is a top 5 concern on the team going forward. That would be insane. But he didn't play well on Sunday and probably bears more of the blame for the defeat than in any game since the Jets opener last year.

I'm not saying it isn't legitimate to criticize Allen in the immediate aftermath of the Texans game for his poor play contributing to the loss.  The post game thread is a great place to do it.  What I'm talking about is the OBSESSION in criticizing Allen after a poor game. By my count there are SIX threads that either are titled to be openly critical of Allen or were attempts to provide a different perspective on Allen taken over by those heavily criticizing the QB.

Why are so many threads and posts obsessing over Allen's poor performance in ONE freaking game?  Sorry but it's over the top. 

I do see one potential top 5 concern for the Bills about Allen going forward.  It's that maybe the Bills are doing to him what he Colts did to Andrew Luck.  If that has happened and I don't think it has then we should all get ready to welcome back the lost decades.

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Nobody trashes Allen for one or two bad passes unless they are intercepted.

He did not turn the ball over only because the Texans dropped INTs twice and he was barely out of bounds by a toe when he fumbled the ball. 

Since the offense is so reliant on Allen with the lack of skill players, him playing poorly is the top 100 reasons to be concerned. He is going to have to play a very clean superhuman game to beat the Jets.  

First off if we're now going to scold Allen over dropped INT's then Mahomes is one of the worst QB's out there because he makes a specialty of throwing INT's that are dropped.  Hell in almost every game I watch DB's drop INT's.  That's why they're DB's and not WR's.

Second the problem is that the offense is so reliant on Allen.  As Greg Cosell has repeatedly said it is not reasonable nor effective to expect Allen to play Superman every week.  The problem, and it's been the same for the last 5 years is that Allen has never been surrounded with an elite or IMO even a great offense.  I'm talking about great O line AND great skill players.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I'm not saying it isn't legitimate to criticize Allen in the immediate aftermath of the Texans game for his poor play contributing to the loss.  The post game thread is a great place to do it.  What I'm talking about is the OBSESSION in criticizing Allen after a poor game. By my count there are SIX threads that either are titled to be openly critical of Allen or were attempts to provide a different perspective on Allen taken over by those heavily criticizing the QB.

Why are so many threads and posts obsessing over Allen's poor performance in ONE freaking game?  Sorry but it's over the top. 

I do see one potential top 5 concern for the Bills about Allen going forward.  It's that maybe the Bills are doing to him what he Colts did to Andrew Luck.  If that has happened and I don't think it has then we should all get ready to welcome back the lost decades.

It's a fan forum for an NFL team. Quarterback and Head Coach. That is what gets talked about. It isn't just our forum. It's 99% of them. 

Just tune out the nonsense and don't let the serious stuff wind you up.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It's a fan forum for an NFL team. Quarterback and Head Coach. That is what gets talked about. It isn't just our forum. It's 99% of them. 

Just tune out the nonsense and don't let the serious stuff wind you up.

I visit a few other fan forums on a regular basis and it just seems to me that there is something different about the criticisms of Allen.