We were spoiled for the last 6 years

DeepPass

12 hours ago, DeepPass said:

What a wonderful run in Bills history.  We were surprised about the play-off game in Jacksonville to start it all.  Tyrod was the QB and Kyle Williams was leading the defense.  From then on, with many new faces, we became a winner in the NFL.  Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs became stars.

So, as the beat goes on, we had to face a "re-set" of the roster. Now fans, including me, get very upset when we lose and don't look like  Super Bowl contenders. It's a natural evolution in the NFL.  

I believe the Bills will be stronger then ever after this "re-set".  I love their future. GO BILLS!

Diggs was already a star before he came here

Spoiled how? No Super Bowl wins or appearances. I appreciate the regular season success and division titles. But the frustration of the playoff losses takes away from the regular season success. With a QB like Allen the Bills should have at least played in and probably won a championship by now. 13 seconds was the year they probably would have done it.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Sargent Hulka said:

I watched my favorite football team win a total win a total of 17 games over five consecutive seasons, after losing a championship game (when I was 10), lose something like 20 straight to Miami, and not win another championship(AFC) for 25 years, before they even made it to a Super Bowl.

Yeah, we're definitely not "spoiled."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, T.E. said:

I watched my favorite football team lose the Super Bowl almost every year of elementary school, then they lost a playoff game on a last-second illegal forward pass when I was in 10th grade and didn't make the postseason again until I was 34.

Yep, I second that, although I was in middle school for the SB run. Either way, what a football desert we became. At least it's difficult to imagine that kind of a drought run could ever be repeated--I mean, what are the odds??  

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

Diggs was already a star before he came here

But he had his very best years in Bflo, hands down. 

Completely agree with the OP - the last six years have been a golden age for Bills fans. Would a Super Bowl be icing on the cake?  Of course.  But this roster is loaded with young talent, Josh is only 28, and the future could not be brighter.  Plus, I think as it plays out the season will show the present is plenty bright, I can remember many, many years we would have killed for 3-2 after five.  We lost to two good teams on the road and have had our share of injuries. Sky is not falling on this group.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I guess we have different meanings of the word success.

I'd trade three years of no playoffs for one SuperBowl win.  

Ethan, my good fellow, YE OLE was speaking in terms of the comparison that Josh would demand out a la Stafford in Detroit. That comparison seems off base, because outside of KC (obviously Josh is not getting traded there), there isn’t another team that has had more success over the last 4 years. Whereas Stafford looked around and saw half the league as giving him a better chance to win than Detroit at that point in time.

Now, you could argue that you would trade a few losing seasons to get one SB. Personally, I would rather take a shot at a dynasty than a one off championship, but I certainly understand those who differ in that sentiment.

4 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I guess we have different meanings of the word success.

I'd trade three years of no playoffs for one SuperBowl win.  

This is a pretty interesting thought experiment from a team perspective (unless you’re guaranteed the Super Bowl of course 🤣). Let’s say you were the Super Bowl year rams and someone told you ‘if you make all these moves you’ve got a 50/50 shot at the superbowl but you will not be realistically competitive for 3 years after that and it is a complete unknown past then.  Do you do it? 

even if you’re the best roster by a decent margin it’s still really tough getting through a single elimination playoff structure…its just so high variance 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

no he was not

he had a great moment in the playoffs but was an otherwise very good second option

So the Bill traded a first round pick and 3 later round picks for someone who was not a star...  interesting.    

1 hour ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

Ethan, my good fellow, YE OLE was speaking in terms of the comparison that Josh would demand out a la Stafford in Detroit. That comparison seems off base, because outside of KC (obviously Josh is not getting traded there), there isn’t another team that has had more success over the last 4 years. Whereas Stafford looked around and saw half the league as giving him a better chance to win than Detroit at that point in time.

Now, you could argue that you would trade a few losing seasons to get one SB. Personally, I would rather take a shot at a dynasty than a one off championship, but I certainly understand those who differ in that sentiment.

So if there's no dynasty and no SB, where are we?

I'm tired of being every opponents Super Bowl.  They all know the Bills and Allen have rolled up ridiculous points over the past 4 years.  It's a huge game for them and stopping Josh is a big deal for every defense.

I will embrace being an underdog in this conference and counted out.   That's how I'll get through this season mentally 🤪

17 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

At the very least, we need to clear out all of the players who aren’t living up to their bloated contracts…I start with Miller, Oliver, and Knox…either trade or cut…

Second, Beane needs to keep his ego in check, and quit giving out big extensions to players simply to protect his draft reputation…He needs to learn to be more cutthroat, and only give out big extensions to “franchise” (foundational) players….Oliver and Knox were NOT that, at the time of their extensions, and now it’s bitten us in the asss…

I agree 100%.  

I’m guessing you’re a glass half full type of guy.  Dude, as long as JA is out there, there is no reason to panic about this season.  Bernard back.  Looks like Taron has a good chance to play on Monday.  Will likely be getting Milano back for mid-late December.

Josh is entitled to a bad week here and there.  There still is great reason for optimism about this season.  I will say that McD has to tighten up his game management.  The end of the Houston game was all on him.

The Buffalo Bills are a lot better team than their norm.  I like that.  I'm hoping for the big season every year with Josh and company.

I'm really, really, trying to take this season "one game at a time".  I'm not trying to dig into the what's and why's this year.

Now the Buffalo Sabres....................................................................................................................................................................