We were spoiled for the last 6 years

DeepPass

7 hours ago, Billl said:

Vegas has the Chiefs winning 13.5 games, the Vikings at 12.5, and the Ravens at 11.5.  The Bills are tied for third at 10.5 (give or take a little on the payout for the over).  January is a LONG way away, and Buffalo is almost guaranteed to be hosting at least one playoff game.  It’s way premature to be talking about the current run in the past tense.

How do you win half a game?

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, T.E. said:

I watched my favorite football team lose the Super Bowl almost every year of elementary school, then they lost a playoff game on a last-second illegal forward pass when I was in 10th grade and didn't make the postseason again until I was 34.

I watched my favorite football team win a total win a total of 17 games over five consecutive seasons, after losing a championship game (when I was 10), lose something like 20 straight to Miami, and not win another championship(AFC) for 25 years, before they even made it to a Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

Spoiled?.....maybe

Appreciative?........absolutely

When you cry yourself to sleep every night during the drought and witness some of the worst football in NFL history and your punter is the face of the franchise, i'll take a winning and competitive football any day.......if that makes me spoiled, then i am a spoiled brat

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, DeepPass said:

What a wonderful run in Bills history.  We were surprised about the play-off game in Jacksonville to start it all.  Tyrod was the QB and Kyle Williams was leading the defense.  From then on, with many new faces, we became a winner in the NFL.  Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs became stars.

So, as the beat goes on, we had to face a "re-set" of the roster. Now fans, including me, get very upset when we lose and don't look like  Super Bowl contenders. It's a natural evolution in the NFL.  

I believe the Bills will be stronger then ever after this "re-set".  I love their future. GO BILLS!

I love how Buffalo has a winning record plus leading their division and yet people act as if they are going to get a top 5 draft pick next year. Nobody knows what the future holds. When guys like Milano, Taron Johnson , and Von Miller come back this could  a completely different team come December. They really just need to get hot at the right time. Have they looked like world beaters ? Absolutely not, but I’m never ever counting this team out.

• Like (+1) 1

we are very lucky to have Josh Allen, but i think most of know that, so we are not spoiled. For having him, the results have the past 6 years are a baseline for what you might expect. Maybe even an over performance. We haven't been spoiled. We've endured all the same gut punches we have over the previous 25 years. 

spoiled compared to Jets or Browns fans? Okay. that's not normal. 

WE ARE NOT SPOILED. And to think that is almost like a stockholm syndrome or battered wife syndrome type of thing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Way I see it, a SB win won’t change my life. It’ll be exactly the same after. Maybe I’ll get to brag for a few weeks, months? Then someone else will win it, and we will be back to the chasers. 

I’d bet good money that 1 ring isn’t good enough for 99.9% of the fans. This feeling right now, at 3-2, is the same reaction even if we are defending SB champs. 

The McD era has honestly been special, and while I agree it’s likely time to move on, I think assuming that the next is an automatic upgrade is foolish. 

My hope is, if this team fails to add a trophy, he steps down. Not fired.

5 hours ago, Cotton Fitzsimmons said:

In Stafford’s 12 seasons with Detroit, the Lions only made the playoffs 3 times, losing all three wildcard games they played in. The Lions record over that time was 79-112-1. This comparison isn’t even close.

We are all frustrated that we haven’t gotten back to the SB with Josh leading the way, and certainly not happy with the last couple weeks, but the team has been wildly successful. There’s every reason to believe that will continue.

I guess we have different meanings of the word success.

I'd trade three years of no playoffs for one SuperBowl win.  

Have the Bills been successful the last few years? Absolutely! So what’s the reason they haven’t gotten over the hump? Simple. First, Beane continues to screw up the roster and salary cap. Second, McD continues to screw up in late game crunch time. Unfortunately I don’t see anything changing with either of those fatal flaws in the near future. 

Go Bills

• Like (+1) 1

I would say the Patriots were spoiled, the niners in the 80s were spoiled etc.

seems like to be spoiled as a fan base you have to be winning superbowls.

Bills fans are not even in the same stratosphere as fans who are spoiled.

• Thank you (+1) 1

It was a good run but not wonderful.

In some sick joke, the football gods decided that even when we get a generational QB, we will still be the second best (at best) team in the league. 
I'm hoping we move past that hump with better talent and coaching but that's a big question.

11 hours ago, Billl said:

Vegas has the Chiefs winning 13.5 games, the Vikings at 12.5, and the Ravens at 11.5.  The Bills are tied for fourth at 10.5 (give or take a little on the payout for the over).  January is a LONG way away, and Buffalo is almost guaranteed to be hosting at least one playoff game.  It’s way premature to be talking about the current run in the past tense.

None of it really matters as long as the Chiefs are involved. They are almost guaranteed to 3-peat this year and it wouldn't shock me at all to see them win another 3 or 4 Super Bowls over the next 5 to 6 seasons. People like to say, "oh they can't keep it up"...we all said they SAME thing about the Patriots and we all know how that went.

It's just bad luck that we got Allen during a time when KC is going to own the NFL for the next decade.