James cook misses practice with a foot injury

2 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

I usually make fun of the posters that critique our training staff due to our injuries...but....what the actual F is happening if guys are getting this hurt? Do we practice differently? 

You guys do realize that a conditioning staff can perform poorly or improperly just like players & coaches.  This is 3rd year in a row our players are dropping like flies.  That's not bad luck.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You guys do realize that a conditioning staff can perform poorly or improperly just like players & coaches.  This is 3rd year in a row our players are dropping like flies.  That's not bad luck.

Yea. Those dumb poorly credentialed professional trainers didn’t have the bills players doing their daily big toe curls enough 

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Why?

I ask that genuinely. You’re not alone in that sentiment but I can’t figure out why people like him.

All I ever see when he runs is slow, plodding, poor field vision. Very limited sample but what i’ve seen has been meh.

I think the Bills agree, as his snaps have been dwindling over the past few games. He went from 14 snaps in week 2, to 12 in week 3, to 10 in week 4, to only 2 in week 5.

College tape is why I was excited about him. He's been very disappointing so far, but I can't recall a run of his that wasn't telegraphed. So many seem dead on arrival. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

College tape is why I was excited about him. He's been very disappointing so far, but I can't recall a run of his that wasn't telegraphed. So many seem dead on arrival. 

I agree with this.

Because his blocking isn't great at the moment and they haven't used him in the pass game at all, the second he checks into the game, it telegraphs "run" to the opposing defense.

I'd like to see what he could do when actually featured in the passing game as well. He caught the most touchdowns in the SEC last year of any running back in over 20 years. Using him in that way at least OCCASIONALLY wouldn't allow defenses to automatically know that it's a run play the second Davis checks in.

27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'm glad I found an expert to educate me.

1. What are the Bills man games lost during that time period vs the rest of the league?

2. What is a strength and conditioning staff doing differently than the rest of the league?

3. What changes to the strength and conditioning routine do they need to change and how?

4. Who are the replacement strength and conditioning coaches that you think are doing well?

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I'm glad I found an expert to educate me.

1. What are the Bills man games lost during that time period vs the rest of the league?

2. What is a strength and conditioning staff doing differently than the rest of the league?

3. What changes to the strength and conditioning routine do they need to change and how?

4. Who are the replacement strength and conditioning coaches that you think are doing well?

To add to all of this:

In the years prior to McDermott's arrival, the Bills were a mess with injuries. The staff did a deep dive into the matter because it was concerning to them and something they wanted to change. They hired an entirely new strength and conditioning staff and built a state of the art athletic training and rehabilitation facility.

For a year or two, the Bills had really great injury luck. Then, over the past few seasons...not so much. 

I don't think there's any kind of reasoning or deeper meaning to it. It's a freak thing.

Look at some of the biggest player losses to injury we've had in recent years: Von Miller tore an ACL on turf. Tre White tore an ACL on turf. Matt Milano's leg buckled in a pile, then he tore a bicep hitting a sled in practice. Terrel Bernard tore/strained a pec on a routine tackle attempt in-game.

Not only do I not think that a wholesale replacement of the training staff would change anything, but -- like @Malazan -- I'd love to know who the new and improved, superior training staff is out there that's just waiting to be hired by the Bills.

***** happens. Injuries suck. Not everything is controllable.

• Agree 1