James cook misses practice with a foot injury

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You'd rather have Samuel than Cook? Ok...

Yes, because I think RBs are generally more replaceable than WRs. I think the drop-off in talent from Cook to Davis is likely less than the dropoff in talent from Samuel to Shavers or Hamler.

Furthermore, the Bills' misutilization/underutilization of Samuel to this point is not, in my opinion, reflective of his skill level as a wide receiver. 

Whereas our depth at running back is such that we'd likely be okay for a game or two without Cook, our (lack of) depth at WR is so dire that any losses there present a bigger problem.

1 hour ago, Process said:

Just to be clear, there has been zero indication from the team that he is officially questionable or in danger of missing time correct? This thread is just for speculation based on a Twitter doctor's post?

That doctor has a pretty good track record on these things unfortunately. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Just waiting for news Josh is in a concussion protocol at this point. 

And for McD to pull a hammy and be out 12 weeks. 

I think if McDermott pulls a hammy he'll still be able to coach.

• Angry 1

1 hour ago, Process said:

Just to be clear, there has been zero indication from the team that he is officially questionable or in danger of missing time correct? This thread is just for speculation based on a Twitter doctor's post?

Yes and FWIW Sal said that Cook wasn’t practicing, he was on the field in the huddle and not on the sidelines.  Usually a sign that he’s trying to stay involved w/ the offensive game plan.  I think he plays.  Samuel - no idea

15 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

That doctor has a pretty good track record on these things unfortunately. 

Like when he said Taron would play last week?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

S&C staff needs to be re evaluated. 

Agreed.

I said it before and I’ll say it again, everyone was singing their praises a few years back saying how great they were…..since then it has been injury after injury. It very well may be just bad luck but it’s worth looking at. 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Honestly, of all the players we could be missing due to injury, Cook is the one I feel is MOST replaceable.

I like both Ray Davis and Ty Johnson and would be excited to see what they could do if given more of a workload.

I'd certainly rather be missing Cook than, say, Shakir, Samuel, Oliver, etc.

We also have a guy named Gore on the PS.  Wouldn't that be fitting if Gore Jr. went off vs. the Jests

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Honestly, of all the players we could be missing due to injury, Cook is the one I feel is MOST replaceable.

I like both Ray Davis and Ty Johnson and would be excited to see what they could do if given more of a workload.

I'd certainly rather be missing Cook than, say, Shakir, Samuel, Oliver, etc.

Cook gave the jets a lot of trouble last matchup 

2 hours ago, Logic said:

To be fair, Cook isn't exactly filet mignon when it comes to blitz pickup.

Better than Davis? Almost certainly, if for no other reason than being more experienced. But...still not great.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Ty Johnson ultimately get more play than Davis.

Filet mignon is a tender, light tasting, mostly unused muscle prefered by most of the females I know.  Tough and hard worked muscle would be the brisket.    Maybe Ray Ray will prove to be a sirloin.  

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I like both Ray Davis

Why?

I ask that genuinely. You’re not alone in that sentiment but I can’t figure out why people like him.

All I ever see when he runs is slow, plodding, poor field vision. Very limited sample but what i’ve seen has been meh.

I think the Bills agree, as his snaps have been dwindling over the past few games. He went from 14 snaps in week 2, to 12 in week 3, to 10 in week 4, to only 2 in week 5.

• Like (+1) 1