James cook misses practice with a foot injury

1 minute ago, iwishitwerecolder said:

Yep, I can already see the script. Go down 10, Allen works his ways and somehow ties it up just for us to choke in the final minutes

feels per-ordained at this point

33 minutes ago, Logic said:

Honestly, of all the players we could be missing due to injury, Cook is the one I feel is MOST replaceable.

I like both Ray Davis and Ty Johnson and would be excited to see what they could do if given more of a workload.

I'd certainly rather be missing Cook than, say, Shakir, Samuel, Oliver, etc.

Johnson has produced in the few opportunities he's received.  Ramp him up 

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Honestly, of all the players we could be missing due to injury, Cook is the one I feel is MOST replaceable.

I like both Ray Davis and Ty Johnson and would be excited to see what they could do if given more of a workload.

Don't worry- they're probably all out too 🙂

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Turf toe?  He'll be hampered all season 

I still have turf toe from at least 10 years ago, it's never really right unless you get it fixed.  When I play bar league football i tape the crap out of it and its mostly ok.  I have to crack it when it rains :-). 

Rest, and probably more frequent mid-game rest.  It's pain management more than anything else - toe instability isn't going to prevent you from cutting, but jump cut on that foot and its probably gonna hurt.  It's also unlikely to prevent you from running like a hamstring or ankle might.  But it hurts.  Every step.  

To me that didn't look like turf toe in the way he hit it?  I'm not sure how he'd roll the toe under his foot with that type of shock, but it doesn't mean it wasn't broken, badly bruised, or dislocated.  

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Why would playing the 4th string RB spark the offense?

Feel like it’s a time where some fresh legs with no tape can be an advantage. Davis looked bad the last few weeks and I don’t think Johnson is a guy you use all game. Just a thought. Hopefully cook can go

54 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

WTF...

I like the other 2 backs we have but none are capable of doing what Cook can.

Dropping a TD pass in a clutch moment? 

(sorry, just trying to laugh through the pain)

53 minutes ago, Logic said:

You'd rather have Samuel than Cook? Ok...