Who would be up for trying a 22 formation on offense?

I mean WTH at this point.  2 RB, 2 TE.  Coleman and whoever on the outside.  Try to get the ground and pound going which should open up the passing game. And weren't we supposed to be going with a 12 formation mainly so we could get Kincaid and Knox advantage on match ups?   I just don't know anymore.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

I'd be up for anything...maybe go more jumbo and bring in 3 TE's and the extra OL...Chiefs essentially ran a version of that a few times against the Saints and it worked well...had 4 TE's on the field.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4

It's funny you bring this up cause I was just watching some 22 formation schemes and the guy hosting the show was saying it's the perfect formation to loosen up a front D and start setting the path for some play action.

The O has to be committed and patient to the 22 and not shy away when only gaining minimal yardage and eventually the D will be left open for some passing gains.

Sure, why not?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Anytime we can put another lineman in a skill position, I say do it.  How many times was #70 going to come out and make HOU defense's life easier?  Barf.

5 TEs, QB in the shotgun and run QB power all day.  Why pass anymore?  We are almost there, just need 1-2 more malcontent WRs on the roster.

• Haha (+1) 1

The direction this offense has been going in the last couple of seasons makes me want to cry. What an absolute waste of Allen's talent to not load up on receivers who can at the very least get open. He should be blowing the league up with his skill set.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I would, ya can always put a rb in motion for a pass

And even if we sent both WR and TE's out, both backs are in to help block. Or Keep a TE and send an RB.  Many ways to use it and we have a damn  FB on the roster, use him.

20 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

The direction this offense has been going in the last couple of seasons makes me want to cry. What an absolute waste of Allen's talent to not load up on receivers who can at the very least get open. He should be blowing the league up with his skill set.

I will add one counter to that, and then kind of kill my own argument.  John Elway, the closest comp for Allen, went to 3 Super bowls and lost with going wide open (remember the 3 amigos?). Once Shanahan got there and they ran the ball with Davis, used a FB and got the TE (Sharpe) more involved, he wins 2.

That said... We aren't running a WCO (Which I advocated for 2 off-season's in a row) and we sure as hell dont have T. Davis in the back field and Mike Shanahan calling the plays. But you get my point.