Who starts at safety this week?

Rapp is out of the protocol.

Bishop made a nice play in mop up duty in an earlier game but has looked bad in the last two games. Hamlin has been marginal to bad all year. 

So who starts? I really don't know....

I would probably stick with Hamlin and Bishop. Bishop needs reps and he's the future there. Not sure i would bench Hamlin for a Rapp/Bishop combo. I would be fine if they gave Edwards a shot too. 

PS if I'm Elam I'd be asking for some reps at FS. Doesn't look like Benford is moving to S anytime soon and they won't use Elam at nickel. 

I don’t like that Bishop is learning on the job, but I feel he absolutely needs to be out there for the growth. He’s the future. I felt the same about Dorian Williams last year who kept making mistakes. I wanted him to take his lumps as well, because he’s also the future. These young, plus athletic draft picks need the time on task. The likes of Hamlin and AJ Klein offer no upside. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Don't think Cole did anything to take the job from Rapp. Not what I want to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rapp/Hamlin are the starters all year. 

Edwards is looking like a waste of $2.8M. Really don't understand that signing. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Don't think Cole did anything to take the job from Rapp. Not what I want to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if Rapp/Hamlin are the starters all year. 

Edwards is looking like a waste of $2.8M. Really don't understand that signing. 

Also dont understand how he is good enough to start and play in multiple super bowls but cant play over Rapp, Hamlin, Bishop? Sometimes I feel like McD plays the favorites game. He loves the Hamlin story - fake punt ring a bell. Good story, not good player. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Play Rapp and Bishop. We took the Hamlin thing as far as it needed to go and then several steps further. Back to STs please. Or here’s a wild idea? How about Edwards. You know, the guy we brought in here to start? But now he can’t even get a jersey on a team with horrendous S play….just spitballing 

Rapp and Hamlin are both liabilities in coverage and Rapp has shown multiple times his wreckless abandonment with injuring his own teammates on tackles. Let Bishop and Edwards be the guys and hopefully they grow as a tandem as the season goes on. McD and company wanted bishop so let him grow into live action and we’ll take the lumps. At this point we live with what we got since they did a horrible job in free agency starting with signing Rapp long term when so many better options were out there for the same price or cheaper 

I am hopeful by playoff time that Hyde comes back and Bishop develops. I’d be happy with those 2 back there and a healthy Milano and T Johnson back to fix the gaping hole in the middle of the field 

• Like (+1) 1

Rapp & Bishop should be the starters

Bishop might be a liability as he learns, but at least he has a high ceiling. 

Unless we know Hyde is coming back at some point this year, Hamlin is doing nothing but delaying Bishop's development and cementing himself as a constant subpar starter out there.

After Cole's mental lapses against the Texans, I assume Rapp will be back in the lineup.

Hamlin will continue to start at free safety and has been better than people generally give him credit for. He's not an upper echelon player, and he's obviously a step down from prime Hyde and Poyer, but...he's been playing NFL starter level ball and is not the liability people think he is. Go ahead and roast me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

Rapp...Bishop didn't play his role correctly on Collins deep TD and you could see Douglas motioning at him as he ran after Collins as if to say "WTF are you doing rookie, where is my help??"

• Like (+1) 1