Devin White Released by Eagles. Should we take a flyer?

TonyBeets

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]

I liked White a lot coming out of LSU. He very well could have been the SB MVP for Tampa that year. Not sure what happened to him after that, but he's still only 26 years old and has talent. I say give him a look. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hasn't he lost like...all the steps to this point?

Dorian Williams was flying around on Sunday and seems like he's turned a corner. I'd rather stick with him. And for whatever it's worth, it seems like they're tinkering with the idea of moving Lewis Cine from safety to LB. Could be interesting. 

19 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Dorian Williams was flying around on Sunday and seems like he's turned a corner. I'd rather stick with him. And for whatever it's worth, it seems like they're tinkering with the idea of moving Lewis Cine from safety to LB. Could be interesting. 

Not from what I know. The only reason he left Tampa was they wouldn’t give him the contract he was asking for so he requested a trade going into last season. Didn’t work out and he ended up a Free Agent after a decent season. 

Why it hasn’t worked out in Philly is the real question. The LB play there isn’t great. Nakobe Dean and Trotter Jr. are pretty much non existent. 

He probably makes his way back to Tampa I would presume. 

• TonyBeets changed the title to Devin White Released by Eagles. Should we take a flyer?
24 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

Not from what I know. The only reason he left Tampa was they wouldn’t give him the contract he was asking for so he requested a trade going into last season. Didn’t work out and he ended up a Free Agent after a decent season. 

Why it hasn’t worked out in Philly is the real question. The LB play there isn’t great. Nakobe Dean and Trotter Jr. are pretty much non existent. 

He probably makes his way back to Tampa I would presume. 

34 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Not sure there is such a thing as a Diva LB, but here's a guy....

47 minutes ago, H2o said:

I liked White a lot coming out of LSU. He very well could have been the SB MVP for Tampa that year. Not sure what happened to him after that, but he's still only 26 years old and has talent. I say give him a look. 

He's so gifted physically.  It seems like he might fit our scheme.  We're not deep, and always seem to be one body down from looking like we did against the ravens. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

Agree....I'm sticking with Bernard & Williams... with Milano, Spector & Andreesen in the wings.