Drake Maye to Start

aristocrat

The Pats are a mess and deserve everything they get......they ruined many a Bills team and career for a long time.

I have no sympathy for them.

Let them chew on the bottom feeder gruel for a while.

• Like (+1) 2

Really bad move by the coach. Their OL is absolute trash. Their WR group is as terrible as the Bills. They run the risk of permanently damaging Maye. They have to know their roster is terrible. Makes no sense to play the kid. Owner should step in and say no. 

They need to play for a top 4 draft pick and then trade down to rebuild. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloButt said:

So glad the Pats didn't get Daniels!!

They were all in on Maye. 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At some point he has to play. I get that. They were hoping that the Oline would bed in a bit the first few weeks and improve. It hasn't. Personally I'd have waited a while longer. My thinking would have been as soon as we say any improvement from the line OR the last 6 games regardless. I think this is a horrible situation to throw him into.

Josh was thrown into a worse situation. 

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Josh was thrown into a worse situation. 

I don't think as bad as that Bills line was it was getting trashed the way the Pats line is so far this year. They did at least have a building block of sorts in Dion although I know he struggled a bit in his second year. Also just because Josh overcame it doesn't mean everyone will. 

17 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is going to get brutalized.  Way to stick your rookie out there too early, potentially ruin his career.

You draft a top 3 QB pick to start as a rookie.  that's how it's done. this team isn't going to be better for him in another year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

At some point he has to play. I get that. They were hoping that the Oline would bed in a bit the first few weeks and improve. It hasn't. Personally I'd have waited a while longer. My thinking would have been as soon as we say any improvement from the line OR the last 6 games regardless. I think this is a horrible situation to throw him into.

You may be forgetting how bad Jacoby Brisket is now. A few years ago he was mobile and had a slightly below average arm.  But he’s no longer able to play quarterback at an NFL level.  They just can’t keep running him out there when they have someone on the bench with Maye’s talent level.  As bad as the Pats may be, it’s still a professional football team and there’s at least some obligation to play your best players.

Edited by mannc

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

You may be forgetting how bad Jacoby Brisket is now. A few years ago he was mobile and had a slightly below average arm.  But he’s no longer able to play quarterback at an NFL level.  They just can’t keep running him out there when they have someone on the bench with Maye’s talent level.  As bad as the Pats may be, it’s still a professional football team and there’s at least some obligation to play your best players.

I'm not, I just think the Patriots priority HAS to be Maye. Losing some of your vets because you are playing Brissett doesn't matter. Most of those guys have no role to play in your hopeful climb back to relevance. They have to get Maye in at the right point when he has a chance to get is feet wet, there is no pressure because the season is sunk, and even if it goes badly or is uneven you can't get too beaten up physically or down mentally that you go into 2025 already expecting failure. I don't think they are at that point yet. I'd be waiting another 4 or 5 games personally UNLESS the oline magically improves before then.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think as bad as that Bills line was it was getting trashed the way the Pats line is so far this year. They did at least have a building block of sorts in Dion although I know he struggled a bit in his second year. Also just because Josh overcame it doesn't mean everyone will. 

Yesah Dawkins was a (the only) good player but as you said he struggled that year.  But his offensive weapons outside of Shady were terrible.  And I’m not suggesting Maye will overcome it, but if he’s the real deal, he will barring major injury. 

No brainer...the offense has sucked badly for the first 5 games, no point in sucking that bad and having your rookie QB on the bench...you can suck that bad with a rookie QB and he can get experience...and who knows, he might actually be able to do better...he can't do much worse.

I mean they are 2nd worst in the NFL in points scored per game at 12.4 and they trail only Miami who is at 12.0, but they also just lost that game 15-9 last week against them...might as well call that one Toilet Bowl I...Toilet Bowl II between the 2 teams coming up in a few more weeks 😂

Edited by Big Turk

54 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yesah Dawkins was a (the only) good player but as you said he struggled that year.  But his offensive weapons outside of Shady were terrible.  And I’m not suggesting Maye will overcome it, but if he’s the real deal, he will barring major injury. 

I disagree. You can be the real deal and not overcome a team that talentless. Josh didn't really overcome it either. He survived it. Which allowed him to overcome later. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I disagree. You can be the real deal and not overcome a team that talentless. Josh didn't really overcome it either. He survived it. Which allowed him to overcome later. 

We're arguing semantics.  To me overcoming is little different from surviving.  

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I just checked the gamebook for that Chargers game. Here is the OL:

V Ducasse G 62 100% 

J Mills T 62 100%

R Groy G 62 100%

J Miller G 62 100%

D Dawkins T 62 100%

Yikes!!!

24 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

I just checked the gamebook for that Chargers game. Here is the OL:

V Ducasse G 62 100% 

J Mills T 62 100%

R Groy G 62 100%

J Miller G 62 100%

D Dawkins T 62 100%

Yikes!!!

Yea Mills was a serviceable run blocker but stiff as anything in the pass game. Groy was benched just after. Miller and Duccase were bad.