Drake Maye to Start

aristocrat

52 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is going to get brutalized.  Way to stick your rookie out there too early, potentially ruin his career.

especially when you resisted it so far.. They should have either started him last week against a reeling Dolphins team or start him next week. Starting him against a rolling Texans team just seems ill-advised.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Patriots need to rid themselves of anyone who had anything to do with Bill Belichick.    They needed to go outside of the organization for the GM and the Coach.  Instead they hired two Belichick disciples.   Mayo is out of his depth.   

Agreed.

Mayo will be one-and-done as a head coach.

They need to start completely fresh next year.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The offensive line is TERRIBLE. Literally a collection of non-talents.

I don't know if you're aware of how poor the offensive line talent (and play) is on that team. Like, unbelievably bad.

I am aware. But he’s the 3rd overall pick and they are going nowhere. Might as well get the breaking in period started.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is going to get brutalized.  Way to stick your rookie out there too early, potentially ruin his career.

Like Josh? He had a crap oline and crap skill players his first year. These guys have to sink or swim. The important thing is you stick by him even when things don't go perfectly. Josh knew that the coaches had his back.

Some organizations don't. They throw the guy out there and then talk critically of him and bench him for other guys when things don't go right.

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The Patriots need to rid themselves of anyone who had anything to do with Bill Belichick.    They needed to go outside of the organization for the GM and the Coach.  Instead they hired two Belichick disciples.   Mayo is out of his depth.   

Yea I think Kraft botched it…seems like they probably promised mayo the job once belichick retired thinking it would be a peaceful transition once mcdaniels flamed out in various locations 🤣

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Like Josh? He had a crap oline and crap skill players his first year. These guys have to sink or swim. The important thing is you stick by him even when things don't go perfectly. Josh knew that the coaches had his back.

Some organizations don't. They throw the guy out there and then talk critically of him and bench him for other guys when things don't go right.

I’d only throw him out there if I had literally no other option…making peterman start a full season would’ve pretty much been capital punishment for everyone involved 😂

• Haha (+1) 1