Drake Maye to Start

aristocrat

Just now, RoyBatty is alive said:

He is going to get brutalized.  Way to stick your rookie out there too early, potentially ruin his career.

There was a clip by Dan Orlavsky from ESPN who pleaded with NE not to start Maye behind this OL

• Like (+1) 4

I actually think it’s a good move.  They see Daniels maybe getting MVP for goodness sakes and Caleb starting to feel it.  What they gonna do? The kid has talent let him learn on the job.  He doesn’t have to get beaten up. hand off and throw screens. Just get him playing time so they aren’t starting from scratch in 2025.

45 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

He's going to struggle. I like Maye, but that is a rough position to be in. That team has very little talent 

As an aside, the Pats* move on from BB, which was the right move IMO. But the fact they didnt even do a coaching search at all and just hired Mayo is still Bizarre to me 

The offensive line is TERRIBLE. Literally a collection of non-talents.

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I actually think it’s a good move.  They see Daniels maybe getting MVP for goodness sakes and Caleb starting to feel it.  What they gonna do? The kid has talent let him learn on the job.  He doesn’t have to get beaten up. hand off and throw screens. Just get him playing time so they aren’t starting from scratch in 2025.

I don't know if you're aware of how poor the offensive line talent (and play) is on that team. Like, unbelievably bad.