Neuroscientist wants the NFL to investigate Josh Allen’s apparent head injury

mjd1001

3 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Neuroscientist wants the NFL to investigate Josh Allen’s apparent head injury, despite the QB passing a concussion check

https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/08/sport/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-chris-nowinski-spt-intl/index.html

Yeah he bounced his head pretty hard off the carpet.  I was surprised to see him back in.  I find it pretty hard to believe he didn't have a concussion.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Of course. 

Put Allen in a different jersey and the entire message board is clamoring my that the NFL is risky this guys future. 

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

So the co founder of the Concussion Legacy Foundation got the plug for his foundation and CNN jumped on it like raw meat, shockers.

So he is a former college football players and WWE wrestler so he is now a "neuroscientist"  I have to look him up see where he got medical degree.

His undergrad is from Harvard and his PhD is from BU. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have no issue with this and if JA has to sit out a game or two, i'm okay with that too......look at the long term. If we are spinning our wheels this year and not really going anywhere as a rebuild/reload, then preserve JA as much as you can and get ready for next season.

I've made my peace with this season and perhaps some of you should too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 8

10 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

He ought to have his head examined for putting up with Mack Hollins as #1 WR. 

Who do you think he is Aaron Rodgers who can dictate coaching staff and offense personnel?

I thought he said on the sideline that it was his chest & not his head?

8 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I have no issue with this and if JA has to sit out a game or two, i'm okay with that too......look at the long term. If we are spinning our wheels this year and not really going anywhere as a rebuild/reload, then preserve JA as much as you can and get ready for next season.

I've made my peace with this season and perhaps some of you should too.

I don't want JA put at risk in any way and agree that I'm okay w/ what they're doing here.

But what do you mean by making peace w/ this season?  We lost 2, so we are out of the running now?

1 minute ago, Success said:

he did

but he also knows how the game is played.....it will only blow up in the bills face if he experiences concussion like symptons during this week

• Like (+1) 2

Nowinski, a former college football player and WWE wrestler

Has he been checked for CTE or this just publicity to raise donations for Concussion Legacy Foundation?

He has quite a bit of conflict of interest.

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

Of course. 

Put Allen in a different jersey and the entire message board is clamoring my that the NFL is risky this guys future. 

His undergrad is from Harvard and his PhD is from BU. 

Its shocking right?  Allen needs to be pulled aside and not allowed to suit up again until he has an MRI. 

10 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't want JA put at risk in any way and agree that I'm okay w/ what they're doing here.

But what do you mean by making peace w/ this season?  We lost 2, so we are out of the running now?

Josh did say that it was a chest injury.

Just like Tua said that he had back spasms after he got up from that Milano hit and was visibly wobbly. 3 diagnosed concussions later and Tua is currently on IR with many advocating for his retirement. 

These guys are warriors and know what to say to avoid concussion protocol, but (sometimes) at the detriment of their long term health.  

• Like (+1) 3