Hire Saleh as defensive coordinator IMMEDIATELY

22 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Does Saleh have magic healing powers?

That is what some here are looking for & think by firing one coach & getting another that their instant gratification will be fulfilled . I do think that Salah would be a good hire because of the defenses he has produced over the years but i don't see McD doing that after putting his faith in Babich to be his DC .

If nothing else he could hire him as a D assistant because of his experience and if things didn't work out then promote him later or even next season .

Edited by T master
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T master said:

If nothing else he could hire him as a D assistant because of his experience and if things didn't work out then promote him later or even next season .

He will have multiple coordinator offers, he'll sit out the rest of the season. He's not going to take a job being an assistant.

It also makes no sense for the Bills at all.  

18 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

He will have multiple coordinator offers, he'll sit out the rest of the season. He's not going to take a job being an assistant.

It also makes no sense for the Bills at all.  

It makes a ton of sense. McDermott’s defenses are too soft. They need a philosophy change and there’s certainly talent currently on the roster that are good enough to make that transition. You’re telling me Milano, Oliver, Rousseau, Bernard or TJ aren’t good enough for a different scheme? Talent is talent.

On 10/8/2024 at 9:48 PM, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy is a terrible coach. I wish the jets kept him. If you wanted to bring him in this week as an assistant to essentially get intel on the jets defense…I’m good with that 

Being a terrible coach vs a terrible coordinator are 2 different things. Ask Josh McDaniels or Rex Ryan

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 10/8/2024 at 2:22 PM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

We have loads of injuries and void of talent. Five games in and you wanna fire the DC. You’re special 

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It makes a ton of sense. McDermott’s defenses are too soft. They need a philosophy change and there’s certainly talent currently on the roster that are good enough to make that transition. You’re telling me Milano, Oliver, Rousseau, Bernard or TJ aren’t good enough for a different scheme? Talent is talent.

Being a terrible coach vs a terrible coordinator are 2 different things. Ask Josh McDaniels or Rex Ryan

I don’t like him as a coordinator either. The 49ers were better before he got there and better after he left. We absolutely shredded his Defense when he was there. I was including that in the coach part. He’s terrible 

21 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t like him as a coordinator either. The 49ers were better before he got there and better after he left. We absolutely shredded his Defense when he was there. I was including that in the coach part. He’s terrible 

exactly.  which talent depleted Defense has he "coached up" to a top unit?

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

It might make sense from the outside as a fan, it doesn't make sense as something that McDermott would do. He's not going to fundamentally change the only thing he's good at, which is coaching his system of defense. If Saleh ever came in to be a Bills defensive coordinator, it's because McD has been fired and someone else is the HC.  

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

It might make sense from the outside as a fan, it doesn't make sense as something that McDermott would do. He's not going to fundamentally change the only thing he's good at, which is coaching his system of defense. If Saleh ever came in to be a Bills defensive coordinator, it's because McD has been fired and someone else is the HC.  

Well, I think it’s a good idea damn it 

4 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

In addition he gets paid either way and this would reduce amount JEST paid.  Better for them to pay him and have him be completely available to interviews - someone else could get fired this year or he could spend time scouting and learning more from studying NFL and college football.  Why would he submit him to the rabid mob of Bills mafia who will claim they could do a better job coaching?

• Like (+1) 1