Hire Saleh as defensive coordinator IMMEDIATELY

57 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

That's my point.  He cleared the decks of guys like Leslie and Mike Shula.  

The entire premise you have is utterly asinine. You were certainly one of the ones calling for Leslie's head. Mike Shula is currently employed as an "Offensive Analyst" for a college team. He can't even get a coordinator job.

You realize.. the event that set you off.. the Jets firing Saleh.. they made the first time DC the HC over the guy that head coaching experience? If a HC is getting fired.. having a guy who "has head coaching experience" on the staff is utterly irrelevant. There's bad opinions then there's yours.. the Robert Saleh of opinions.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

He got rid of Shula in 2024.

Do you honestly think Mike Shula is a threat to take over as HC?   Despite his last name, if McDermott was fired, he wouldn’t even get consideration as an interim.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

Outside Ravens game where the entire team stunk...the defense has played pretty great, so not sure what he is supposed to turn around.  

• Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I knew this thread would happen simply because people here constantly feel like their terrible ideas deserve an audience. 

That's why message boards exist. You think my coworkers or wife want to hear me B word about Bills consistently

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

So hire a guy and bring him in without time to teach his system, without the players that fit his system and toss a promising young coach aside after 5 games?  

Jesus, Mary and Joseph some people shouldn't procreate.

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Thought Leslie Frazier came back on Sun.....sheesh

2 hours ago, Brand J said:

I like Babich. The defense has its issues but it’s severely undermanned and somehow Bobby’s still getting production. The loss to Houston wasn’t on him. I would like to see Elam supplant Lewis or Ingram as I think he has the physical attributes the defense desperately needs, but I’m not in practice every day to assess who’s doing what so we’ll have to live with our first round CB riding the bench.

Cam Lewis is not an NFL starter ever. Brownie and Tasker...."He can do so many things!"bla.bla.bla...WELL NAME ONE HE CAN DO WELL.. Elam should be on the field and Ingrahm is better as well.....and where in the hell is Edwards?

Edited by nosejob

1 hour ago, OZBILLS said:

It is the problem. 

Besides the Baltimore game they've been pretty good considering all the injuries.  Our offense doesn't have that excuse and they're the reason we lost the Houston game.

I don't really think the defense is the problem right now. They've only really had one bad game (Ravens) other than that they've allowed 21, 10, 10, and 23 points across the other four games. And that's with guys like Bernard, T. Johnson, Oliver, and Milano on the sidelines. 

Sometimes they seem to allow the opposing offense to get off to a fast start but they eventually lock in and put a lid on things. Thru the second half in Houston they allowed only six points and forced two turnovers. Offense could only muster a frickin' field goal off those turnovers. 

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

That's why message boards exist. You think my coworkers or wife want to hear me B word about Bills consistently

Do you think anybody here does?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Oh God,

here we go.

I’ll take McD over him any day, and I’m no fan of McD.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

As one of the most avid supporters of the fire all of them movement I can tell you right now this defense is not built for somebody else to takeover. It has very system specific players at all 3 levels. It will likely be a big rebuild unless we stick with a similar scheme. 

I’ve been trying to bring this up for so long…I’m glad someone on the more pessimistic outlook side agrees with it at least(not trying to say you’re wrong to be that way you could 100% be right) lol

ben Johnson with a dc that brings in a different scheme is one step forward on offense and two steps back initially on defense I think.  

A lot of defensive talent we have walks and then they do absolutely nothing good in their new homes 

that’s the risk of diving into the new coaches 3-4 year cycle.  They’ve gotta turn your whole roster over and no one has the patience for that so they get run out of town then repeat the process.  

some new guys surprise in year 1 while teams aren’t really used to what you’re doing yet and then fade back after that 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

13 minutes ago, Savage said:

Oh God,

here we go.

I’ll take McD over him any day, and I’m no fan of McD.

Saleh is pretty terrible…I still don’t get the mid season upheaval when competing but the eventual firing of him would’ve been right

An ex offensive head coach at OC makes sense though should someone interesting become available 

1 hour ago, JohnNord said:

Do you honestly think Mike Shula is a threat to take over as HC?   Despite his last name, if McDermott was fired, he wouldn’t even get consideration as an interim.  

Assuming the bills perform well and lose in the playoffs to the chiefs again, if McDermott is fired I doubt he’s out of a head coaching job long. No idea what we’d do as interim if we fired him midseason though 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan