Hire Saleh as defensive coordinator IMMEDIATELY

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

That's my point.  He cleared the decks of guys like Leslie and Mike Shula.  

Why would he “clear the decks” before signing a new contract extension in June 2023?   It doesn’t exactly sound like someone being desperate.  

Besides there are several coaches on the staff with previous DC/OC experience.   They usually are the ones given first crack as interim HC

I like Babich. The defense has its issues but it’s severely undermanned and somehow Bobby’s still getting production. The loss to Houston wasn’t on him. I would like to see Elam supplant Lewis or Ingram as I think he has the physical attributes the defense desperately needs, but I’m not in practice every day to assess who’s doing what so we’ll have to live with our first round CB riding the bench.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

This has about as much a chance of happening as @HOUSE finding his wallet. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Why would he “clear the decks” before signing a new contract extension in June 2023?   It doesn’t exactly sound like someone being desperate.  

Besides there are several coaches on the staff with previous DC/OC experience.   They usually are the ones given first crack as interim HC

He got rid of Shula in 2024.