Hire Saleh as defensive coordinator IMMEDIATELY

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

How many high draft picks does that defense have? 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Boy, would this dude turn this defense around immediately. And he would get a chance to stick it to the Jets. Babich has been unimpressive so far to say the least. 

As crazy as this sounds I would agree with this but it aint happening in a million years with this HC. He is all about the control but not about the accountability for the mistakes that keep happening no matter who the DC is.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

As one of the most avid supporters of the fire all of them movement I can tell you right now this defense is not built for somebody else to takeover. It has very system specific players at all 3 levels. It will likely be a big rebuild unless we stick with a similar scheme. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ngbills said:

McD will never hire a coach that could be a threat or challenge him. 

I think this is correct. The main reason McD can't be fired is the lack of any senior assistant coach with head coaching experience who could take over. Thinking back I can't remember a time when there wasn't an obvious potential successor on the staff.

10 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Yeah good idea, we cant let the New Jersey Jets be the laughingstock of the league this week, we need to jump in and join them.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This is a terrible, laughable idea…but the better play would be to him as a short term (as in 1 a or 2 day) consultant to share the Jets playbook and strategies.  

Saleh doesn’t seem like the type of guy that would do this - but he has to be pissed at the Jets

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

McD will never hire a coach that could be a threat or challenge him. 

Really?

So three weeks ago we had a long thread about which coordinator we will lose first, Babich or Brady.  Oh and Mike Dabol says hello.

This board is so painfully predictable with its knee jerk asinine recency bias.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Dan Darragh said:

I think this is correct. The main reason McD can't be fired is the lack of any senior assistant coach with head coaching experience who could take over. Thinking back I can't remember a time when there wasn't an obvious potential successor on the staff.

It’s not like he had a former head coach on his staff running the defense for six seasons or anything…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'd be happy with that after the season. There is no point in bringing a brand new coordinator in who isn't familiar with the players or scheme right now in the middle of the season.