Excellent video breakdown of the Bills poor production on offense vs. Houston

BuffaloBill

A combination of factors at play:

1) Mostly lack of production & execution  from key skill players

2) Bills inability to threaten down the field

3) Brady does not have the scheme to beat the defensive tendencies emerging 

4) Offensive line was not good

These are not simply opinions - the film shows the issues.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I thought Allen looked like he got knocked out on the trick play vs Baltimore, but they said he wasn't so, you would think they would know. The Houston game was the worst game he's played as a pro, IMO. I commented in the Houston game thread in the first half he just seemed completely confused by everything. Definitely not himself. 100% positive he got knocked out vs Houston. I don't give a ***** what anybody says, we have a Tua situation on our hands. He's not being protected by whoever put him right back into that game. And looking back I don't know if he even should have been playing in the Houston game. He definitely shouldn't be playing right now. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

I thought Allen looked like he got knocked out on the trick play vs Baltimore, but they said he wasn't so, you would think they would know. The Houston game was the worst game he's played as a pro, IMO. I commented in the Houston game thread in the first half he just seemed completely confused by everything. Definitely not himself. 100% positive he got knocked out vs Houston. I don't give a ***** what anybody says, we have a Tua situation on our hands. He's not being protected by whoever put him right back into that game. And looking back I don't know if he even should have been playing in the Houston game. He definitely shouldn't be playing right now. 

I just think you're wrong. He played badly before that and just as badly after that. And the video shows him moving and hitting the ground with his hand in pain. So, sorry. He wasn't concussed and wasn't knocked out.

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

I just think you're wrong. He played badly before that and just as badly after that. And the video shows him moving and hitting the ground with his hand in pain. So, sorry. He wasn't concussed and wasn't knocked out.

He played very badly before that, that's what I'm saying. He also slammed his head on the field last week https://youtu.be/ts3qcYNk7Sk?si=OcXb6gIP9PtrY2ts If he came into this one with an undiagnosed head injury from last week it would help explain why he didn't seem to know up from down from the get go in Houston. Regardless, right now is the time to be smart, take a pause, and give the guy's brain some rest. Even if the medical staff says he's good to go we have video proof of his head slamming on the ground and him looking unconscious immediately afterwards two weeks in a row. *****, if he was my kid I sure as hell wouldn't be ok sending him right back out there again like nothing happened. 

Edited by pigpen65

26 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

He was kicking his feet while he was face down on the turf. I don't think thats a typical response to losing consciousness.  

Just now, pigpen65 said:

He played very badly before that, that's what I'm saying. He also slammed his head on the field last week https://youtu.be/ts3qcYNk7Sk?si=OcXb6gIP9PtrY2ts If he came into this one with an undiagnosed head injury from last week it would help explain why he didn't seem to know how from down all came vs Houston. Regardless, right now is the time to be smart, take a pause, and give the guy's brain some rest, IMO. Even if the medical staff says he's good to go we have video proof of his head slamming on the ground and him looking unconscious immediately afterwards two weeks in a row. *****, if he was my kid I sure as hell wouldn't be ok sending him right back out there again like nothing happened. 

agree 100%

he's not going to last at this rate. nfl is undefeated

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, MJS said:

I just think you're wrong. He played badly before that and just as badly after that. 

I’ll die on this hill: Allen did not play poorly.

It only looked bad because of a mixture of horrible offensive line play, numerous drops, no-one getting separation, and missed blocks by Kincaid. 

there isn’t a quarterback in NFL history that would’ve looked good with that team. We put out there on Sunday.

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It only looked bad because of a mixture of horrible offensive line play, numerous drops, no-one getting separation, and missed blocks by Kincaid. 

i saw it similarly tbh

w out the drops/miscommunications its just kind of a meh day and we probably win

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

there isn’t a quarterback in NFL history that would’ve looked good with that team. We put out there on Sunday.

When you are 9/30 and put together one of the worst passing games in the past 20 years that falls on the QB too. None of it was great but for me the bigger issue was the coaching. I think you swap rosters with KC other than the QB and they find a way to get more from this current group of players which isn’t great.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He didn't play poorly, but he did play great either, there were plays to be made. That being said the Bills are dead in the water if Allen isn't the best player on the field any given game.

24 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

i saw it similarly tbh

w out the drops/miscommunications its just kind of a meh day and we probably win

You’re right. And the reason some can’t see it comes down to cognitive neuroscience (aka, it’s not their fault).

The human brain often struggles to separate individual performance from the broader context, especially in high-stakes situations. This phenomenon is tied to a cognitive bias known as the fundamental attribution error where people tend to attribute outcomes to a player’s actions rather than understanding how external factors forced the play of the individual.

You see it in this very thread. For example: “Allen was 9 of 30” is used as a basis to say he played poorly. The brain sees this fact and has trouble differentiating between parts of a whole in order to see faulty sections and attribute properly. Look up the gestalt perception.

But others have differently wired brains and are able to differentiate parts of a puzzle. In this case, some are able to differentiate between Allen’s apparent mistakes and attribute them to the result of factors beyond his control like breakdowns in offensive line protection, receivers running the wrong routes, or dropped passes. The brain in large parts of the population tend to lump these issues together, leading people to unfairly pin the blame on players when the real problem lies with the team’s execution as a whole. 

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

You’re right. And the reason others can’t see it comes down to cognitive neuroscience.

The human brain often struggles to separate individual performance from the broader context, especially in high-stakes situations. This phenomenon is tied to a cognitive bias known as the fundamental attribution error where people tend to attribute outcomes to a player’s actions rather than considering external factors.

Others have differently wired brains and can see that Allen had a a solid performance, and that his apparent mistakes are often the result of factors beyond his control like breakdowns in offensive line protection, receivers running the wrong routes, or dropped passes. The brain tends to lump these issues together, leading people to unfairly pin the blame on Allen when the real problem lies with the team’s execution as a whole. 

Its not their fault - they literally can’t see if.

im not a brain surgeon

but i can tell who only watches bills games- it's 100% of the people who say 'allen can't throw a deep ball'

they see allen throwing deep balls (a low percentage throw) and nfl highlights (completed deep balls).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

You’re right. And the reason others can’t see it comes down to cognitive neuroscience.

The human brain often struggles to separate individual performance from the broader context, especially in high-stakes situations. This phenomenon is tied to a cognitive bias known as the fundamental attribution error where people tend to attribute outcomes to a player’s actions rather than understanding how external factors forced the play of the individual.

Its not these posters fault - they literally can’t see it.

But others (like you and I) have differently wired brains and can see that Allen had a a solid performance. We are able to differentiate parts of a puzzle to see that his apparent mistakes are often the result of factors beyond his control like breakdowns in offensive line protection, receivers running the wrong routes, or dropped passes. The brain in large parts of the population tend to lump these issues together, leading people to unfairly pin the blame on Allen when the real problem lies with the team’s execution as a whole. 

Pure, unadulterated, bull####.  

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Its not these posters fault - they simply can’t differentiate between the parts in order to see it.

But others have differently wired brains and are able to differentiate parts of a puzzle to see that Allen’s apparent mistakes are often the result of factors beyond his control like breakdowns in offensive line protection, receivers running the wrong routes, or dropped passes. The brain in large parts of the population tend to lump these issues together, leading people to unfairly pin the blame on Allen when the real problem lies with the team’s execution as a whole. 

I have no words here, other than i just puked a bit in my mouth.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

He played very badly before that, that's what I'm saying. He also slammed his head on the field last week https://youtu.be/ts3qcYNk7Sk?si=OcXb6gIP9PtrY2ts If he came into this one with an undiagnosed head injury from last week it would help explain why he didn't seem to know up from down from the get go in Houston. Regardless, right now is the time to be smart, take a pause, and give the guy's brain some rest. Even if the medical staff says he's good to go we have video proof of his head slamming on the ground and him looking unconscious immediately afterwards two weeks in a row. *****, if he was my kid I sure as hell wouldn't be ok sending him right back out there again like nothing happened. 

That's all speculation. It's not like Allen hasn't played bad before. He doesn't have a concussion every time he plays badly.