Week 6 - Bills at Jets Game Week Thread

11 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

Well that's unfortunate 

Downing is just as bad.

What's odd is that speculation was Saleh was fired because he wanted to replace Hackett and lost the power struggle with Rodgers. Doesn't make sense for that to have been the reason...then switch anyway. 

6 minutes ago, colin said:

with our offensive disarray and shakir, cook, and samuels being down, this has the chance to be shockingly ugly.

they will be forced to play 2 tes, more direct runs, allen runs, so maybe that helps us get the w

The Bills are going to be the NFL's version of Army football on Monday night. Run the ball 90% of the time :)

• Haha (+1) 2

16 hours ago, stevewin said:

My son sent me a screen grab of this today - Cook's elbow hit the ground before he went out - should have been ruled a catch

That image/still is deceptive.  Cook doesnt seem to be touching the ground there.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Downing is just as bad.

What's odd is that speculation was Saleh was fired because he wanted to replace Hackett and lost the power struggle with Rodgers. Doesn't make sense for that to have been the reason...then switch anyway. 

Maybe but the Bills have no tape on his tendencies.

20 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

That image/still is deceptive.  Cook doesnt seem to be touching the ground there.

The still I saw there were pellets streaming from his elbow - with nothing touching OOb - it was obvious from the pellets his elbow scraped along the ground in bounds

With the Bills' injuries, the coaching switch in NY, the fact that the game is being played in New Jersey, and the Jets' desperation, it's like everything is stacked up against the Bills for this game. 

Under these circumstances, if the Bills manage to win it will tell us something about the team and the coaching. 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills are going to be the NFL's version of Army football on Monday night. Run the ball 90% of the time :)

I was thinking more Marshall back in the day, triple option! LAMP ALERT: that's the fun formation (complete with 4-point linemen stances!) we played out of at my DIII school to emulate them, but without the right personnel, it mattered little what we trotted out as. 1-10 both years for me.  :)

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

With the Bills' injuries, the coaching switch in NY, the fact that the game is being played in New Jersey, and the Jets' desperation, it's like everything is stacked up against the Bills for this game. 

Under these circumstances, if the Bills manage to win it will tell us something about the team and the coaching. 

I am expecting a loss here. To many injuries to overcome and the Jets treat games against the Bills as their own personal Super Bowl. But then as they get healthier (I hope) they will end the losing streak at home vs the Titans next week. The Jets will lose at Pittsburgh on SNF. TJ Watt against the Jets OL. LOL 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Dr. K said:

Wrong. It just means I put $50 on Jets moneyline. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Maybe but the Bills have no tape on his tendencies.

People don't stray too far from who they normally are as play callers. There's plenty of information on his tendency and what he likes from his past calling plays. 

Besides they are gonna wanna run the ball, short quick passes to avoid rush getting to Rodgers. If I can figure that out, the Bills should be able to as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I still think the bottom line is that it's all on JA17. When he is on his game against teams that can't score, we win. The great quarterbacks win with less talent. He's playing worse than I can remember his other bad starts. If someone gave us Jayden Daniels for the game would you be more confident? Right now I would. He is making all the throws. Right now when JA goes back to pass bad things happen.