Week 6 - Bills at Jets Game Week Thread

36 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I have little confidence that Josh gets right against the team and stadium that has given him fits lately. The Jets corners will handle the Bills’ WRs and their LBs will be roaming the middle and taking that away. It will be a frustrating game to watch. 

Unfortunately I agree with you. This doesn't set up as a good opponent when you're already struggling offensively.

Mix the play calling better, play loose, play smart 

GO BILLS!!!

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Yeah this is bad

Doubt Shakir or Oliver will play

It's Wednesday and the Bills don't play until Monday night so hopefully the extra day gets them healthy enough to play.

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It's Wednesday and the Bills don't play until Monday night so hopefully the extra day gets them healthy enough to play.

Cook and Samuel finished the game so I have higher hopes for them. 

Shakir is not practicing ten days out from an ankle which might suggest high ankle. 

Hamstring for anyone is usually a few weeks. Ugh....

• Like (+1) 1

Now that we're supposed to be scared of the 'interim coach bump' does that replaced the initial scaredness of the 'desperate' Jets team after a loss - or is it additive? 

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Now that we're supposed to be scared of the 'interim coach bump' does that replaced the initial scaredness of the 'desperate' Jets team rafter a loss - or is it additive? 

You have a very proud Buffalo team that has lost 2 in a row and mostly looked bad vs a Jets team that needs a W in the worst way and has a new coach bump.  I think the desperation for each club offsets each other.

The Jets won an improbable game last year in the opening MNF game with Zach Wilson of all people.  Despite how they've looked, the Bills are still a pretty good team and I don't think they lose two years in a row in this spot.  Buffalo for the W.

12 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Now that we're supposed to be scared of the 'interim coach bump' does that replaced the initial scaredness of the 'desperate' Jets team rafter a loss - or is it additive? 

Exponential with the bump as exponent.  Don't they teach kids bad juju mathematics anymore?

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

"Five of the six previous interim coach debuts in Week 6 or earlier saw the new coach’s team cover (and win outright)."

This will soon transition to “Five of the seven previous interim coach debuts…”

23 minutes ago, zow2 said:

You have a very proud Buffalo team that has lost 2 in a row and mostly looked bad vs a Jets team that needs a W in the worst way and has a new coach bump.  I think the desperation for each club offsets each other.

The Jets won an improbable game last year in the opening MNF game with Zach Wilson of all people.  Despite how they've looked, the Bills are still a pretty good team and I don't think they lose two years in a row in this spot.  Buffalo for the W.

I understand the road vs home situation but ironically enough the last time the bills offense hit a skid they had a nice get right game against the jets.  Cook and Shakir both had good games, diggs didn’t do much  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Just now, Mr Info said:

This will soon transition to “Five of the seven previous interim coach debuts…”

I wouldn't bet money on that given Allen's turnover issues at Met Life and the fact that the Jets have the corners who can man up on our trash receivers with relative ease.

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I wouldn't bet money on that given Allen's turnover issues at Met Life and the fact that the Jets have the corners who can man up on our trash receivers with relative ease.

Idk what happened last meeting then 😂. Shakir lit them up for a deep td, they had trouble slowing down cook.  Probably could’ve scored 50 in that one if the jets offense made it a game.  We mostly ran it out the last quarter and a half.  And that was with a bad INT before halftime and diggs doing virtually nothing 

I think it’s more we’ve adjusted to that Saleh scheme than MetLife is bad juju but who knows..  even the game in buffalo the year before that looked like a struggle 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan