Week 6 - Bills at Jets Game Week Thread

This Jets team is not good.

Their Defense is not the Jets Defense of past years and if you can get pressure on Rodgers, their Offense will fold.  He has zero mobility back there and any clean hit on him looks like it could be his last. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Jets have a good chance to win. Their defense matches up well with Buffalo's offense and that was when the Bills had better receivers. The Bills struggle stopping the run. Hall has struggled this year, but he could get back on track here. Also, Braelon Allen has been a very good RB for the Jets as well. Even if the Jets win and both teams are tied at 3-3. Next week Jets at Steelers on SNF. Most likely a Jets loss. Titans at Bills. Most likely a Bills win. Good chance the Bills will have a one lead over the Jets next week. If the Bills win Monday, then they will have a good chance to take firm control of the division going forward.

The Jets DLine will be fired up as Dion talked crap about a few of those guys over the summer.  That being said I thought our OLine was one of the best in the NFL until these past two games.  The Bills have the better QB.  He needs to start playing like "MVP candidate" Josh Allen instead of rookie Josh.  Run when it's there, take the easy completions which are available instead of trying for low% passes.  He's playing low IQ lately.  On 3rd and 4 we don't need a 50/50 pass well downfield and worse when it's poorly thrown.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

The Jets DLine will be fired up as Dion talked crap about a few of those guys over the summer.  That being said I thought our OLine was one of the best in the NFL until these past two games.  The Bills have the better QB.  He needs to start playing like "MVP candidate" Josh Allen instead of rookie Josh.  Run when it's there, take the easy completions which are available instead of trying for low% passes.  He's playing low IQ lately.  On 3rd and 4 we don't need a 50/50 pass well downfield and worse when it's poorly thrown.

Too bad we can't have playoff Josh for every game during the regular season.

Seems like he gets bored through the 18 game sludge.  Plus he's probably hurt.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If Josh plays clean and doesn't give the Jets a short field to work with, Bills should win this one. They should target Kincaid, Knox, and Cook 25 times in this game and Coleman should get 6 or 7 targets unless they play Sauce on him. 

I have little confidence that Josh gets right against the team and stadium that has given him fits lately. The Jets corners will handle the Bills’ WRs and their LBs will be roaming the middle and taking that away. It will be a frustrating game to watch. 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I have little confidence that Josh gets right against the team and stadium that has given him fits lately. The Jets corners will handle the Bills’ WRs and their LBs will be roaming the middle and taking that away. It will be a frustrating game to watch. 

This is why I can’t believe they fired Saleh and created a circus leading up to this game.its a game they had a really good shot in to take the division lead

they could certainly win still but why add extra distractions on top of it  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If Josh plays clean and doesn't give the Jets a short field to work with, Bills should win this one. They should target Kincaid, Knox, and Cook 25 times in this game and Coleman should get 6 or 7 targets unless they play Sauce on him. 

In theory you're right.  But the issue we all are sort of ignoring is that Allen has played very clean with only 2 TO's in the first 5 games.  One fumble took away a FG and the other gave the Ravens the ball well outside the red zone. 

The question we need to ask is whether or not the obsession on Allen reducing his TO's hasn't done more damage by simultaneously reducing his TD production.If we project current stats to the end of the season (a risky thing to do I know) then Allen is on pace for only 7 TO's and 34 TD's. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

In theory you're right.  But the issue we all are sort of ignoring is that Allen has played very clean with only 2 TO's in the first 5 games.  One fumble took away a FG and the other gave the Ravens the ball well outside the red zone. 

The question we need to ask is whether or not the obsession on Allen reducing his TO's hasn't done more damage by simultaneously reducing his TD production.If we project current stats to the end of the season (a risky thing to do I know) then Allen is on pace for only 7 TO's and 34 TD's. 

This is a very good point. He seems to finally be "taking what the defense gives him" and is loathe to push the ball down the field. Some of that is the WRs, but some might also be fear of throwing INTs.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's a good question to ask. It really is and I'm sure there is a delicate balance of being aggressive without being careless. 

My opinion is well known. The WRs are awful. They can't run a screen to save their life. They are facing a lot of man coverage which makes screen plays even harder to execute.  

I think they can be more aggressive with more play action on first down. I'm not saying you can't ever run on first down but Brady has gotten way too predictable.  What is it > 80% run plays out of heavy formation? They are getting yards but they are not scoring. They need a few more chunk plays and best chance of that is Kincaid or Knox or MVS on deep posts after play action. 

Also I can't believe I'm going to say this but they should run more plays with Gilliam as FB instead of Anderson as extra OT. It simply gives them more options to throw while still giving the run game ab extra blocker. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This is why I can’t believe they fired Saleh and created a circus leading up to this game.its a game they had a really good shot in to take the division lead

they could certainly win still but why add extra distractions on top of it  

Something happened behind the scenes and the owner wasn’t getting what he wanted and threw a fit. 🤣

But clearly there was drama behind the scenes. It’s New York!

Just now, bills742 said:

This sucks...

Too early in the week to say definitively which of those mean anything.

Unless something new popped up for Cook and Samuel, I'm guessing those are more rest/caution type things. Rapp being cleared is good. 

If Shakir is out again, it's gonna be tough sledding on offense.

12 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This is a very good point. He seems to finally be "taking what the defense gives him" and is loathe to push the ball down the field. Some of that is the WRs, but some might also be fear of throwing INTs.

I’m not really seeing that much…he took plenty of deep single coverage shots in the last game.  There was maybe a play where he could’ve snuck a pass in to shavers I think it was and passed on it which could potentially be interpreted of fear of an interception I guess? The only way you can really have that bad of an incompletion percentage game on that many attempts is if you don’t let it get to you and just keep firing 🤣

but I think a lot of this is reaching to explain 0 ints for him at this point in the season. Some of it is bad int luck in the past evening out it seems like, he’s had a few ints dropped this year.  The prior couple years defenders turned superhuman and were diving,toe tapping, and making every freakin INT play to absurdly unlucky levels haha 

Every INT he threw I was like…man do guys ever drop his 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m not really seeing that much…he took plenty of deep single coverage shots in the last game.  There was maybe a play where he could’ve snuck a pass in to shavers I think it was and passed on it which could potentially be interpreted of fear of an interception I guess?

but I think a lot of this is reaching to explain 0 ints for him at this point in the season. Some of it is bad int luck in the past evening out it seems like, he’s had a few ints dropped this year.  The prior couple years defenders turned superhuman and were diving,toe tapping, and making every freakin INT play to absurdly unlucky levels haha 

It is true that Josh was trying his best to throw an INT in that Houston game. They dropped at least two, and that's just the portion of the game that I saw.

10 minutes ago, bills742 said:

This sucks...

Just put Samuel on IR and activate him when he's fully healthy.  This is beyond ridiculous and a massive indictment of Brady/FO, that this was our one big signing, at a position of need, and we can't even run a screen with him. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1