Week 6 - Bills at Jets Game Week Thread

7 hours ago, njbuff said:

Plain and simple, the Bills need a “get right” game against the Jets.

They played very poorly the last two weeks.

No excuses, it doesn’t matter how they beat the Jets, just do it.

Couldn’t agree more about needing a get right game, but I think the Jest, for us anyway, are the worst team to get one against. Our offense, as presently constructed, doesn’t match up well at all with that defense, imo. Hope to hell I’m wrong.

• Agree 3

23 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Looks like 21 personnel with

Kincaid

Knox

Davis

Coleman

MVS

If they use Morris he can line up as a full back and they have the option of motioning him to tight end. 

I support this message.

Sprinkle in a 6th O lineman to get it going.

Has the FB caught a ball yet ? rhetorical question

Lets Go Brady

9 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Couldn’t agree more about needing a get right game, but I think the Jest, for us anyway, are the worst team to get one against. Our offense, as presently constructed, doesn’t match up well at all with that defense, imo. Hope to hell I’m wrong.

it's a concern.
who took over Jets DC job ?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I support this message.

Sprinkle in a 6th O lineman to get it going.

Has the FB caught a ball yet ? rhetorical question

Lets Go Brady

it's a concern.
who took over Jets DC job ?

I imagine their new HC will still be calling the defense. But I don’t think it matters because we just don’t match up very well with their personnel currently. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

I imagine their new HC will still be calling the defense. But I don’t think it matters because we just don’t match up very well with their personnel currently. 

I’m not entirely buying this personally, that feels more vibes based than X’s and O’s based.  

nickel corner has been a bit of a problem for them and their dline has been mediocre at best.  they’re well stocked up at outside corner which you don’t even really need against us 🤣. A decent cb in those spots would be more than sufficient lol

safeties are bad on top of that.  Feels like they’re mostly buoyed by 60% of their games being against even worse offsenses than ours so far and it’s distorting things a bit.  

we could still lose but I think it’s gonna be a bit of a scoring surprise in this one.  

its honestly kind of crazy…their defensive coach probably got fired due to offense and after the Buffalo game they will have played only teams ranked in the top 10 of defensive DVOA and the pats (a game they dominated) with Minnesota being the number 1 ranked by a mile 

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 hours ago, K-9 said:

Yea Ulbrich was the D coordinator. Saleh was a defensive guy from san fran.

Thats their strength 

Have to think that the Jets will focus on the running game against our defense given our poor rush defense and Downing's prior history as OC with the Titans during which the Titans led the NFL in rush attempts in his first year.

• Agree 2

On 10/9/2024 at 11:23 AM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If Josh plays clean and doesn't give the Jets a short field to work with, Bills should win this one. They should target Kincaid, Knox, and Cook 25 times in this game and Coleman should get 6 or 7 targets unless they play Sauce on him. 

Brady probably plans on throwing about 15 times this game, no that many targets to go around 🤦‍♂️

On 10/12/2024 at 4:53 PM, K-9 said:

This is true.

But I don't really care about a get right game this week.

In this matchup, I will be smiling like the butcher's dog even if we can just steal the world's ugliest, most undeserving W.

• Like (+1) 5

Really hope they have figured out a way to get Allen more comfortable if he is unable to roll out to his right.  Ravens and Texans had a defensive player on top of Allen as soon as he tried to roll to the right (where he usually can buy more time and make a play).  Taking this away from Josh seemed to throw him off his game.

Edited by jahnyc
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, zow2 said:

Really slow starts vs Balt and Hou.  I’d think Brady is really scripting something up to get off to a better start. McDermott has mentioned that in his pressers too.

Don't forgot Arizona was a very slow start as well.  Cards got butchered in Green Bay.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

This is true.

In this matchup, I will be smiling like the butcher's dog even if we can just steal the world's ugliest, most undeserving W.

A win of any kind, ugly or otherwise, would be a “get right” game. 

13 hours ago, Simon said:

This is true.

100% 1pt win still = a Win.