Week 6 - Bills at Jets Game Week Thread

People joking about the Bills being like Army and running the triple option, but...

I'm not gonna lie. If Shakir DOES miss the game, I wouldn't hate seeing a ton of heavy personnel and run the hell out of the football. Set up deep playaction shots to Samuel and MVS and Coleman. Short and intermediate playaction to Knox and Kincaid.

I'd rather try our hand at running it down their throats and hitting on some big plays than watch Josh go 11/28 for 147 yards while trying to get Mack Hollins open against the Jets' elite secondary.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It’s on the defense to win this game for us Monday night. This offense simply doesn’t match up well with a very good Jest defense so I’m not expecting much on that side of the ball. We’d do well enough to not turn the ball over and play the field position game. And that means Josh has to be smart and avoid the stupid plays we’ve seen from him when he puts on the hero cape and tries to do too much. 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Downing is just as bad.

What's odd is that speculation was Saleh was fired because he wanted to replace Hackett and lost the power struggle with Rodgers. Doesn't make sense for that to have been the reason...then switch anyway. 

I heard that too. The owners statement was pretty much an indication that when they got Rodgers they intended for 2 years of competitive play and basically said they are in win now mode so is doing what he feels is necessary to get there.  The timing of it is because he knows they has to beat the Bills.

Rodgers is already banged up again this year with a knee injury and ankle injury. He said that he is in a battle with father time.

1 hour ago, Logic said:

People joking about the Bills being like Army and running the triple option, but...

I'm not gonna lie. If Shakir DOES miss the game, I wouldn't hate seeing a ton of heavy personnel and run the hell out of the football. Set up deep playaction shots to Samuel and MVS and Coleman. Short and intermediate playaction to Knox and Kincaid.

I'd rather try our hand at running it down their throats and hitting on some big plays than watch Josh go 11/28 for 147 yards while trying to get Mack Hollins open against the Jets' elite secondary.

You obviously haven’t heard that Samuel is back. That changes EVERYTHING! 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

22 offense. Coleman and whomever on the outside, Kincaid and Knox at TE. 2 Backs in the backfield, I mean hell we DO have a FB right? If not put #70's big ass back there to get a running start at a block. 

1 minute ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

I'll be pretty upset if we lose two Monday night games to the jets in as many seasons lol . I think Josh bounces back in a big way running the ball and doing his Superman thing 

I will be there. I don't want to leave MetLife again listening to Jets fans trash talk like they did last year when they won in OT.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, bills742 said:

Looking more and more like Davis time!

20 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I will be there. I don't want to leave MetLife again listening to Jets fans trash talk like they did last year when they won in OT.

We are their superbowl, so its expected.

• Agree 1

Who IS Todd downing. 

I don’t care about our injuries. No one that catastrophic. Hous is way better than jets.

YOU CAN NOT lose this game vs the absolute circus joke of the jets situation / team

the fire McD / Josh Allen is trash debate will be at its highest levels yet

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, balln said:

Who IS Todd downing. 

I don’t care about our injuries. No one that catastrophic. Hous is way better than jets.

YOU CAN NOT lose this game vs the absolute circus joke of the jets situation / team

They beat the Bills the last 2 years at MetLife with Zach Wilson. Most of the time divisional games are usually tough. I expect a close game on Monday night.

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

They beat the Bills the last 2 years at MetLife with Zach Wilson. Most of the time divisional games are usually tough. I expect a close game on Monday night.

Oh for sure. I’m just saying the optics. And then the aftermath. Bills please spare us 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, balln said:

Who IS Todd downing. 

There is a "Josh Allen is trash" debate?

Where?

23 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Looking more and more like Davis time!

We are their superbowl, so its expected.

I reckon it would be Ty Johnson time with Davis getting a handful of touches 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, balln said:

Who IS Todd downing. 

Downing was the Bills QB coach in 2014, same year Nathaniel Hackett was our OC coach under Moron.  QB room was Orton and EJ Manuel

Edited by BearNorth

4 hours ago, Logic said:

this is honestly a great idea and may be our best chance of victory.

Feed Ty Johnson and let Allen run a bit more than usual on designed plays

there is virtually no way to prevail against DJ Reed and Sauce with our WR group

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

"With Shakir also missing another practice, the team has the potential to be without their starting running back and all of their starting receivers, which would be a huge blow for the Bills when they go up against a formidable Jets defense."

By

Colin Miller

If this happens what would be the Offensive game plan?

33 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

"With Shakir also missing another practice, the team has the potential to be without their starting running back and all of their starting receivers, which would be a huge blow for the Bills when they go up against a formidable Jets defense."

By

Colin Miller

If this happens what would be the Offensive game plan?

Double tight I formation.