Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

cant fire the owner,  cant fire Rodgers,  might as well fire the coach.   i dont like Saleh,  bet hes happy hes out of that mess though.   Rodgers is terrible,  Hackett shouldnt be an offense coordinator,  anywhere,  at any level,  and the GM put his ancient QB coming off a major injury behind a terrible offensive line.   lol.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Salah was not the problem. A clearly declining HoF QB who now lacks mobility behind a bad O-line is the problem. And that hasn't changed.

That team was losing games by being completely undisciplined. This is a new issue for the Jets either. They've been boom or bust his entire time there. They should have fired him last year.

Everyone points out he has a good defense. They have 6 first rounders on defense! they had better be elite 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Hate this before our game. Hate it.

Why? At this point their Defense has to say **** it since Rogers is running the show. Hell I wouldn't doubt they just roll over and let us hang 60 on them as a FU to the owner and Rogers.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Hate this before our game. Hate it.

I don’t think this is your standard ‘the whole team is united under a new head coach’ situation.  Its pretty reasonable rodgers forced Saleh out and the team is in even more disarray now because Rodgers sees himself as the real head coach.

the firing makes absolutely no sense otherwise..  in fact, I think this turned a 50/50 loss into an 80/20 win 

if you’re gonna fire a head coach mid season, it’s happening IMMEDIATELY after the most recent game unless there is massive massive dysfunction which completely forces your hand.  You don’t wait until after the prep would’ve started for the next game.  If the team was straight up tanking it wouldn’t matter much, but there’s no way they’re tanking with Rodgers 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

The Jets are the very definition of disfunction.  Thanks Jets.  

This is so, so true. They really are a poster child for dysfunction. But what makes that so sad is that they have a Super Bowl title. Even those numbnuts managed it.

We have been gifted one of the most talented, unicorn, cyborg created in a quarterback factory QBs to ever play the game and we can’t sniff it. What does that say about us? Makes me sad. Here’s hoping.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think this decision is primarily based on the play on the field at all.  Has to be a behind the scenes type thing 

I agree. My point is just that they might be further ahead if their decisions were based on the play on the field. I think many of us can remember the look Rodger's coming off the field gave Salah when the latter tried to hug him. It was a look of absolute hatred and contempt. Rodger's hates Salah (for whatever reason). Meanwhile Rodger's'  play will likely continue to be a problem with or without Salah.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Low Positive said:

Please make Hackett the head coach

The DC is interim HC, unfortunately

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

So.....when are the threads going to start that we should hire him?

We should. Make him assistant to the defensive coordinator or some made-up title.

Get all the goods on the Jets.

4 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

That team was losing games by being completely undisciplined. This is a new issue for the Jets either. They've been boom or bust his entire time there. They should have fired him last year.

Everyone points out he has a good defense. They have 6 first rounders on defense! they had better be elite 

And imagine how good they would be if Reddick ever suited up.

Edited by starrymessenger

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Interesting timing on a Tuesday, coaches prep has definitely started for the week even if the players aren't practicing yet. Will be interesting if they switch gears on their gameplan or not.

Makes sense with a home Monday night game, effectively a regular week for them now going for sans their HC.

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think this is your standard ‘the whole team is united under a new head coach’ situation.  Its pretty reasonable rodgers forced Saleh out and the team is in even more disarray now because Rodgers sees himself as the real head coach.

the firing makes absolutely no sense otherwise..  in fact, I think this turned a 50/50 loss into an 80/20 win 

if you’re gonna fire a head coach mid season, it’s happening IMMEDIATELY after the most recent game unless there is massive massive dysfunction which completely forces your hand.  You don’t wait until after the prep would’ve started for the next game.  If the team was straight up tanking it wouldn’t matter much, but there’s no way they’re tanking with Rodgers 

i like the angle on this, and i hope you are right!

if it divides the team more, it for sure will lead to a breakdown.  i just hope that breakdown is sooner than later

Just now, Mark Vader said:

We should. Make him assistant to the defensive coordinator or some made-up title.

Get all the goods on the Jets.

I feel like this practice is pretty overblown…the jets would likely use the knowledge Saleh gave us against us knowing he’s going to do it and you basically end up in the same spot as you didn’t get any info at all

it would be pretty funny though 😂

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I presume they didn't sack Saleh yesterday as they were travelling back from London?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, colin said:

i like the angle on this, and i hope you are right!

if it divides the team more, it for sure will lead to a breakdown.  i just hope that breakdown is sooner than later

I literally cannot even fathom what else it could be haha. Rodgers must’ve told woody Saleh isn’t letting him do everything he wants to do.  There’s no way Saleh had no supporters on this team so it’s gotta cause a divide.

a lot of the times a team feels like they’re failing their head coach that they like, he gets fired, and it’s a shock to the system and they pick it up for a few games.  I don’t think that’s what is happening here.  

there’s probably a Saleh supporting camp and a Rodgers supporting camp and the Saleh side is pissed 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1