Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

13 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, this is a must win. This would be one of the most embarrassing losses in some time. 

The Jets defense is for real and Rodgers has had stretches this season where he has looked like Rodgers. They could easily be 4-1. The Bills have struggled at Met Life the last couple of seasons too. This isn't like facing the Chargers last year, who didn't have a qb. And if the Jets get Adams, who is healthy, he can come in right away and play because he knows the offense like the back of his hand. And he's arguably the best route runner in the NFL.  A loss would completely suck, but I think it's quite possible they can lose because the Jets have the sort of defense -- corners who can man up well outside -- that can smother the Bills anemic receiving corps.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1. Crush the Jests on Monday...

2. Send their season and immediate future into even more chaos and dysfunction...

3. Make an offer for Wilson since they're gonna have to clean house...

4. Check the temp on the Reddick situation too...

Even if 3 is unrealistic, enjoy watching them implode

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s never great playing a team that just fired their head coach.

Man idk…that’s normally a ‘the team isn’t prepared for a significantly worse opponent playing with nothing to lose’ type situation and doesn’t really apply to a huge division game with massive implications in the standings 

the jets had a good shot in this game with Saleh and canned him.  This is straight up unprecedented and makes me feel a little better about the game 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

23 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The dumb part is that I think this is probably bad for the Bills on Monday night. Teams usually get that "we fired the coach and now nobody knows what we're gonna do" bump for 1-2 weeks after a firing. 

This might be different since its Rodgers clearly calling the shots.  Players could already be sick of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets defense is for real and Rodgers has had stretches this season where he has looked like Rodgers. They could easily be 4-1. The Bills have struggled at Met Life the last couple of seasons too. This isn't like facing the Chargers last year, who didn't have a qb. And if the Jets get Adams, who is healthy, he can come in right away and play because he knows the offense like the back of his hand. And he's arguably the best route runner in the NFL.  A loss would completely suck, but I think it's quite possible they can lose because the Jets have the sort of defense -- corners who can man up well outside -- that can smother the Bills anemic receiving corps.

I don’t disagree with a lot of this which is why I just don’t understand the firing at all…something absolutely crazy must’ve happened behind the scenes that forced their hand. They had a real shot to take the division lead this weekend and it’s a bit diminished now. 

I don’t entirely believe that Adams is watching the jets and 100% wants to go there though.  I think he’s trying to get the bills and jets in a bit of a bidding war over an extension probably and I’m sure the raiders are all for it because they may get more return in the trade too.  It likely won’t work and the raiders may unload him to the jets anyway if that’s what he’s doing though 🤣

• Agree 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

This might be different since its Rodgers clearly calling the shots.  Players could already be sick of him.

This really strikes me as Rodgers kind of forced it turning players against Saleh and there’s a big time rift.  I don’t think they qualify for the ‘the team rallies around a new head coach’ temporary boost 

29 minutes ago, MJS said:

He isn't going anywhere, regardless. Nobody wants that contract if they have to also give up high draft picks.

That contract is fine, there’s no guaranteed money left.  Inherently there’s a lot of risk bc you know he’s going to WANT to be paid and he’s older, but for a contender (or a desperate team), it might be worth it. 

For the Bills, I’d have him as the 3rd option, first is Cooper (cheap and effective), Hopkins (slightly more long term impact on dead money vs Cooper), Adams because you know he’s going to want to be paid and this team isn’t in position to make that play and re-tool the team. 

1 hour ago, Cray51 said:

Super early… screams owner decision maybe Rodgers not happy and went to him directly?

Rodgers and Saleh deserve each other.

two pukes in a pod.

Rodgers is killing that franchise.

Good for him, and them.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

That contract is fine, there’s no guaranteed money left.  Inherently there’s a lot of risk bc you know he’s going to WANT to be paid and he’s older, but for a contender (or a desperate team), it might be worth it. 

For the Bills, I’d have him as the 3rd option, first is Cooper (cheap and effective), Hopkins (slightly more long term impact on dead money vs Cooper), Adams because you know he’s going to want to be paid and this team isn’t in position to make that play and re-tool the team. 

His ‘I want to go to the jets’ talk really feels like he’s trying to get the bills and jets to battle it out over extension offers to me lol 

if that’s what it is it’s a pretty clever move 

Just now, starrymessenger said:

Salah was not the problem. A clearly declining HoF QB who now lacks mobility behind a bad O-line is the problem. And that hasn't changed.

I don’t think this decision is primarily based on the play on the field at all.  Has to be a behind the scenes type thing 

36 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They were always going to be playing with lots of emotion. This is for first place. The Bills have been the top team in the division for a while now. The Jets treat the games against the Bills as the personal Super Bowl. Plus add in the divisional rivalry factor. The Bills need to be fired up as well. This will be a tough game.

When did that D never play hard for Saleh and against us?  

If we lose this game that’s on us.  We have a chance to bury them on Monday.  

We won’t lose the division with a loss Monday but we absolutely can win it.  

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

My guess is the Jets promote DC Jeff Ulbrich to interim HC. I am not surprised Saleh got fired. Everyone knew he was on the hot seat coming into this year. I am surprised they did it now.

Exactly clean house after the season, toss GM and HC and starting QB.