Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

The defense will remain good under Ulbrich.

The offense, last I checked, is still called by Nate Hackett.

Unless Ulbrich is a wildly better manager of people and motivator and overall decision maker than Saleh, I don't see how this will move the needle much for Jersey/B.

Has an interim head coach ever won a Lombardi? I didn't think so.

No, but they win the first game after a coach firing at a pretty good clip. That's the issue.

But the Jets still have a lot of talent. They might be able to pull things together and win some games. I don't see them making the playoffs, though. The Rodgers signing is looking like a huge bust. Injured four plays into the first year and looking pretty pedestrian in the 2nd year. Yeah, he still has some of his wow throws, but he is nothing compared to what he was.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

It should be a Fireable offense.

I dont disagree how bad of a loss it would be. But trying to take the emotional out of it, McDermott has shown an ability to get through tough points with these team and make the playoffs. 

I would be shocked if he got fired mid season. Also, who would want to be the interim coach? 

43 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Please make Hackett the head coach and Aaron Rodgers the GM

Please make Hackett the head coach and Aaron Rodgers the GM

Seems like it'd be fun...

• Haha (+1) 1

no matter what anyone says, though, firing your coach in season means you’re pretty much not a serious threat for the playoffs. hiring an interim coach means you will retool after the season.

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

If we lose this game the temperature on McDermott’s hot-seat is going to go through the roof.

God forbid they have another end of game meltdown, coaching decision, I think he’d be fired that week

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

no matter what anyone says, though, firing your coach in season means you’re pretty much not a serious threat for the playoffs. hiring an interim coach means you will retool after the season.

God forbid they have another end of game meltdown, coaching decision, I think he’d be fired that week

The Raiders made the playoffs in 2021 after firing their head coach after five games. To be fair, Gruden wasn't fired for performance related issues, and the Raiders were 3-2 at the time.

• Like (+1) 1

Why this organization is catering to Rodgers is beyond me.  Their defense is playing at a historic level with injuries and hold outs.  Saleh is not the problem.  It seemed like guys liked playing for him, well everyone besides Rodgers.  It also seems like no one wants to play with Rodgers.

It would be really embarrassing to lose to this team.  I really hope the players feel slighted in a bad way.  Like a screw Rodgers way.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Surprised Rodgers wasn't officially named player-coach 

Then pull a Rex and make him a captain to go out for the coin toss

Yeah, let’s do anything that loser Rex did. 

my favor part of Rex on tv is when he has segments on how to stop Brady when I was at a game where Brady also had 500 yards passing. Rex is the worst. 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

No, but they win the first game after a coach firing at a pretty good clip. That's the issue.

But the Jets still have a lot of talent. They might be able to pull things together and win some games. I don't see them making the playoffs, though. The Rodgers signing is looking like a huge bust. Injured four plays into the first year and looking pretty pedestrian in the 2nd year. Yeah, he still has some of his wow throws, but he is nothing compared to what he was.

A couple people already posted stats about the "win the first game post coach firing at a pretty good clip" thing, and it's not quite as much of a boost as you'd think, historically speaking.

The rest I agree with.

• Like (+1) 1