Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Now the Jets are going to be playing with lots of emotion when they play the Bills !

They were always going to be playing with lots of emotion. This is for first place. The Bills have been the top team in the division for a while now. The Jets treat the games against the Bills as the personal Super Bowl. Plus add in the divisional rivalry factor. The Bills need to be fired up as well. This will be a tough game.

• Like (+1) 2

The defense will remain good under Ulbrich.

The offense, last I checked, is still called by Nate Hackett.

Unless Ulbrich is a wildly better manager of people and motivator and overall decision maker than Saleh, I don't see how this will move the needle much for Jersey/B.

Has an interim head coach ever won a Lombardi? I didn't think so.

• Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, Gregg said:

DC Jeff Ulbrich named the interim HC

Peter Schrager on X: "Jeff Ulbrich will be the interim HC for the Jets, per sources. @nflnetwork @gmfb" / X

Surprised Rodgers wasn't officially named player-coach 

15 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Bring in Saleh immediately as an Assistant to troll the jets.  

Then pull a Rex and make him a captain to go out for the coin toss

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Damn! Didnt see that coming this early. He’s not Head Coach material but someone is going to get a great Defensive Co-ordinator next year. 

only if they already have a loaded Defense

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm okay with that.  Keep sinking that ship.

The dumb part is that I think this is probably bad for the Bills on Monday night. Teams usually get that "we fired the coach and now nobody knows what we're gonna do" bump for 1-2 weeks after a firing. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

The Jets appeared to be building something that was long-term sustainable and would ensure competitiveness for a long time.  And instead they totally blew up the franchise for a 24 month window of competitiveness but no real threat of super bowl contention.  You love to see it.

Absolutely. And considering they now have an interim head coach, it seems all but certain that those 24 months of competitiveness are indeed going to come to an end without a championship. 

Next year it'll be a brand new head coach. Are they gonna let Rodgers help PICK the new coach? If not, is there any guarantee the new coach will want Rodgers? Or that he won't make changes to the defensive scheme and personnel to suit what he likes, the way new coaches often do?

Bad owner, mediocre-to-bad GM, dictator headcase QB. I love it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bruffalo said:

The dumb part is that I think this is probably bad for the Bills on Monday night. Teams usually get that "we fired the coach and now nobody knows what we're gonna do" bump for 1-2 weeks after a firing. 

But neither playcaller was fired. I would expect the tendencies not to change in significant ways. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

The defense will remain good under Ulbrich.

The offense, last I checked, is still called by Nate Hackett.

Unless Ulbrich is a wildly better manager of people and motivator and overall decision maker than Saleh, I don't see how this will move the needle much for Jersey/B.

Has an interim head coach ever won a Lombardi? I didn't think so.

But does he run the stadium stairs before the game :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Absolutely. And considering they now have an interim head coach, it seems all but certain that those 24 months of competitiveness are indeed going to come to an end without a championship. 

Next year it'll be a brand new head coach. Are they gonna let Rodgers help PICK the new coach? If not, is there any guarantee the new coach will want Rodgers? Or that he won't make changes to the defensive scheme and personnel to suit what he likes, the way new coaches often do?

Bad owner, mediocre-to-bad GM, dictator headcase QB. I love it.

If the Jets had continued to add talent on offense while looking for their QB they would be in vastly better shape today.  Even if that meant going a year or two with Flacco, Tyrod, Brisset, and Wilson, they would be much healthier as a franchise.  They paid a very high price for these two Rodgers wins.

• Like (+1) 1