Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

2 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Hackett stripped of offense 

the morale in that building has to be dog sh*t. If we lose this game lol - McDermott should be the next head coach to be gone 

How does that fit in w the narrative that Saleh was fired to appease Rodgers 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, SoTier said:

People seem to forget that Rodgers wasn't very good in his last season in GB compared to the rest of his career.

In 2022, Rodgers threw for less than 3700 yards in 17 games with his lowest completion percentage since 2015.  His 12 INTs were his highest since his first year as a starter in 2008, and his 2.2% of INTs thrown was his highest for a full season since 2010.  The Packers finished 8-9 in 2022 after going 13-3 in the previous 3 seasons.  

In the previous 2 seasons, 2020 and 2021, Rodgers led the NFL in both the percentage of TDs and INTs thrown.   In fact, he threw for the lowest  INTs percentage in the NFL while also throwing for 4000+ yards from 2018 through 2021.  In 2020 he threw 48 TDs and 5 INTs.  In 2021, Rodgers through 37 TDs and 4 INTs.  Rodgers led the Packers to 3 straight 13-3 seasons between 2019-2021. 

Rodgers in 2024 seems to be playing at less than his 2022 level.   Win or lose against the Bills, I think the Jests have screwed up again.

Great stats here--thank you!

He did look very good in one game, and that did have me a little worried, but not since.

Very different qbs, and much different people, one good, one a mess, but in Kelly's last year we too saw flashes of the old Kelly.  The problem was he was not consistent, and the low times looked very low, indicating he was near the end of his career.  Ditto for rodgers.  Unless one of his rejuvenation techniques takes, this will likely be his last go round. 

With his character, it appears it will be a fitting last year for him...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Hackett stripped of offense 

the morale in that building has to be dog sh*t. If we lose this game lol - McDermott should be the next head coach to be gone 

Hack “choose to stay” despite having no responsibilities anymore

Hes Just gonna laugh at Rodgers jokes until he gets fired 

11 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Hack “choose to stay” despite having no responsibilities anymore

Hes Just gonna laugh at Rodgers jokes until he gets fired 

Jets fans to Hackett right about now:

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

The NFL is a crazy league.

If the official throws DPI on the last int and the Jets go on to win Saleh still has the job and Hackett is still playcaller

If Mike Williams was wearing a Chiefs helmet that's DPI all day long

Edited by TheFunPolice

I am really bummed that the Jests fired Saleh.  He was reliably bad enough at his job that it was always possible he would just hand you the game, and the dysfunction was priceless.  Now, who knows.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, FLFan said:

I am really bummed that the Jests fired Saleh.  He was reliably bad enough at his job that it was always possible he would just hand you the game, and the dysfunction was priceless.  Now, who knows.  

Idk what good coach wants to walk into a situation where the owner will fire you for losing a tough game against his London buddies though 🤣. I doubt any coach with high aspirations wants that job working for woody that’s gonna be starting from scratch at qb in a year or 2 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

On 10/10/2024 at 6:24 PM, GoBills808 said:

How does that fit in w the narrative that Saleh was fired to appease Rodgers 

They saw the public perception of the Saleh firing and cowardly removed the play calling duties from Hackett for optics.  Pry a conspiracy theory by me but Aaron Rodgers runs that offense.

Edited by Doc Brown

3 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk what good coach wants to walk into a situation where the owner will fire you for losing a tough game against his London buddies though 🤣. I doubt any coach with high aspirations wants that job working for woody that’s gonna be starting from scratch at qb in a year or 2 

There's only 32 of these jobs in the whole world and only a handful open up every year.  The job pays a lot of money.  And if you're a hot up and coming coordinator you can't wait around too long cuz other hot and up and up and coming coordinators will pass you up.  And most of these guys believe in themselves and think they can make it work.  Buffalo was not really seen as a good landing spot yet Coach McDermott has made it work. It's the nature of the business.

The only thing that ever amazed me about Coach Saleh was how he kept that job for so long.  And LOL, auto correct changes Saleh to Walsh. 😆

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

There's only 32 of these jobs in the whole world and only a handful open up every year.  The job pays a lot of money.  And if you're a hot up and coming coordinator you can't wait around too long cuz other hot and up and up and coming coordinators will pass you up.  And most of these guys believe in themselves and think they can make it work.  Buffalo was not really seen as a good landing spot yet Coach McDermott has made it work. It's the nature of the business.

The only thing that ever amazed me about Coach Saleh was how he kept that job for so long.  And LOL, auto correct changes Saleh to Walsh. 😆

Idk I think we’re seeing up and coming coaches pick their spots better recently because if you jump into the wrong situation and get fired the odds you’re getting a second chance are pretty low.  Guys seem to be waiting for the jobs they want to open up rather than rushing into a bad situation

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

They saw the public perception of the Saleh firing and cowardly removed the play calling duties from Hackett for optics.  Pry a conspiracy theory by me but Aaron Rodgers runs that offense.

Yea idk if Rodgers was involved at all but it’s easily explainable that firing their head coach before making any offensive coordinator moves did not go over well with players and they were headed for full blown mutiny

there’s this weird assumption that all the players were probably happy to see Saleh go because of one vague quote made by one player in a press conference who may have been talking about the oc not holding Rodgers accountable anyway 

sauce said ‘we’re still doing this for Saleh’ when asked about it so I think a lot of players on that defense really liked him 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Idk I think we’re seeing up and coming coaches pick their spots better recently because if you jump into the wrong situation and get fired the odds you’re getting a second chance are pretty low.  Guys seem to be waiting for the jobs they want to open up rather than rushing into a bad situation

Like who for example passed up a bad job and then got a good job later on?

On 10/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, VW82 said:

I'm a little nervous that Jests will come out on fire this week after the firing. Their roster is pretty solid even if Rodgers is banged up. 

Maybe a pregame speech by Woody Johnson will pick them up? 🤔🤨

That's inspired a line of thinking with me...what would some of the pregame pep talks by owners and GMs be like?

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Maybe a pregame speech by Woody Johnson will pick them up? 🤔🤨

That's inspired a line of thinking with me...what would some of the pregame pep talks by owners and GMs be like?

Give me a M, give me a O, give me a N, give me a E and give me a Y.  What does that spell? MONEY - Money is reason why you are in game!