Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

9 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Aaron was completely “blindsided “ by this move …

Blindsided?  LOL.  "Woody, I thought we agreed to wait until the evening so it didn't mess with my McAfee appearance."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Usually when a coach gets fired mid-season, the team is out of it, players are going through the motions, and the firing is not unexpected

This is different.  The Jets are a couple plays from 4-1 and they have been playing hard, especially on defense.  

As far as I know, salei was popular with the players, at least on defense.  

I'm sure the players know what has happened more than the public.  If this was Rodgers' doing, this thing could blow up very badly.   There is a lot riding on this game.  If it's a slug fest and Rodgers turns the ball over 3 times and they lose, it will get juicy.

• Like (+1) 2

So hard to believe that a team led by rodgers at QB, head coach, and GM is so obviously a dumpster fire this early in the season, isn't it?

Goes back to what I said again and again and again since the jets brought him in.  No reason to ever be concerned about the rodgers 'led' jets, and laughed out loud at so many predicting fantastic success for the jets now..

Four sacks for the Bills this week?  2-3 interceptions?

• Like (+1) 3

10 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Sounds like it. 

That's Aaron Rodgers' guy so we all know what happened next. And we also know that Davante Adams will be a Jet before the end of the week. They are all in with Rodgers for better or worse (and so far it's been for the worse).

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Blindsided?  LOL.  "Woody, I thought we agreed to wait until the evening so it didn't mess with my McAfee appearance."

Reports today are Woody is admitting he spoke to Rodgers the night before the firing.

Rodgers is just the worst.

3 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Usually when a coach gets fired mid-season, the team is out of it, players are going through the motions, and the firing is not unexpected

This is different.  The Jets are a couple plays from 4-1 and they have been playing hard, especially on defense.  

As far as I know, salei was popular with the players, at least on defense.  

I'm sure the players know what has happened more than the public.  If this was Rodgers' doing, this thing could blow up very badly.   There is a lot riding on this game.  If it's a slug fest and Rodgers turns the ball over 3 times and they lose, it will get juicy.

The players, particularly on Defense, were tired of no accountability for the awful Offense week after week.  They we turning on Saleh.  

Saleh was an awful choice from day 1.  He absolutely should have been fired after last season.  He's a very bad gameday HC.

The argument that, at 2-3, they may be playing for "1st place in the division" is more an indictment on how bad the AFCE has started off this year. No one can seriously look at this Jets team and say they are playoff bound this year and therefore should keep Saleh.  The Jets Offense stinks on ice. 

It's clear Rodgers has no respect for his HC (same for his last 2).  He doesn't even try to hide it.  That's a death knell for a scrub like Saleh.  Even for a geriatric trust fund baby like Woody Johnson, the math here is easy.  He figures it's this year with Rodgers or bust---and he rightly sees keeping Saleh as dooming the Jets to another 7-8 win season.  he's not wrong in assuming "anyone but this guy" going forward is his team's best chance.

Edited by Mr. WEO
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just be aware - Salah is a great DC. His defenses are, if I read that right:

Since the 2021 season, the Jets defense is 1st in points per drive 1st in EPA per play 3rd in success rate - 

• Agree 1

A very good friend of mine, whom I used to go to Bills/Jets games when I lived in Manhattan, says there is a rebellion brewing within the players for the firing of Saleh.

They are pissed at Rodgers as well.

If true, it will be a very interesting game and hopefully get out of hand in a bad way for the Jests.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

So hard to believe that a team led by rodgers at QB, head coach, and GM is so obviously a dumpster fire this early in the season, isn't it?

Goes back to what I said again and again and again since the jets brought him in.  No reason to ever be concerned about the rodgers 'led' jets, and laughed out loud at so many predicting fantastic success for the jets now..

That’s the crazy part, they’re pretty much built to win now and they fire their coach midseason in one of the few years Aaron probably has left.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

If the Jets win Monday night (hardly a stretch with the way the Bills are playing) they will be in first place in the AFCE…hardly dumpster fire territory.  This firing—at this point in the season—is very surprising. There has to something major going on behind the scene.

• Like (+1) 2

Adam Schefter on X: "Statement from Robert Saleh: “To the Jets Organization, I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work with so many incredible people. I will always be appreciative of the love and support from everyone at 1 Jets Drive. To all of the players, I truly love and appreciate https://t.co/I4n9zYhKFd" / X

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

The Defense loved Saleh, I am thinking they say "Screw you Woody" and just roll over.  I could be wrong, but what better way to stick it to the owner?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The Defense loved Saleh, I am thinking they say "Screw you Woody" and just roll over.  I could be wrong, but what better way to stick it to the owner?

They love their interim HC too. could be excited to help their DC look good as a HC.

He's the Jets names Hackett, I could see your logic 

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

GZZBh2uWgAAnibe?format=jpg&name=900x900

Not true. 

Rich Bisaccia took over for Jon Gruden and led the Raiders to the playoffs. Albeit it wasn't team performance related  but he was canned.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They love their interim HC too. could be excited to help their DC look good as a HC.

Could be it’s impossible to predict.  I think they have to at least partly feel that the owner gave up on them this season which has to be a little deflating 

if it really was over Saleh trying to demote an objectively terrible OC which seems to be what the reporting alludes to, theres gotta be a locker room rift.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not true. 

Rich Bisaccia took over for Jon Gruden and led the Raiders to the playoffs. Albeit it wasn't team performance related  but he was canned.

It's a technicality (which is the basis for most of these stats), but Gruden was not fired. He resigned.