Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

But the jets quite literally always give us trouble…even the wins have been close under their now ex hc 😂. This isn’t like a team that had no chance now turning into ‘who knows what will happen’.  This was a game they had a really good shot to win and an unnecessary weird risk for them is now attached 

Last time we faced them we blew them out in what was our first game against them without Dorsey - who sucked against them the previous 3 times going 1-2 in those 3 games and avg 17 ppg.  

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There is statistical support for this idea the last 5 years but I would argue that this is a very different firing then what we've seen before:

*  It's real early in the season and the Jet's at 2 - 3 are still very much in the playoff hunt. 

*  Later season firings trigger players on bad teams to play harder for their careers.  This is so early and the players will ave the London fog still swirling around their heads it's hard to predict what will happen.

*  Late season firings often involve coaches the players don't like and the elevation of a coach they like so they play harder.  Is their evidence that this is happening here?

*  Late season firings can also trigger player guilt in letting down a coach they really like so they play harder.  But at this point in the season will there be any guilt for being 2 - 3?

*  The Jets scored just 2 TD's in their last two games. They lost to both the Vikings & Broncos because of the crappy play of their offense.  Remember the Jets D only gave up 10 points to Denver & 16 points to the Vikings (the O handed the Vikes a TD on a pick 6).  Imagine if last year the Bills offense was scoring 35 points per game but the D was giving up 40 over a 5 game stretch and they fired Dorsey in response.  My guess is that the players reaction would be a lot different then it was.

I get that, but a motivated Rodgers who is delighted by this firing can still be dangerous.  Also, Vikings and Broncos defenses have been playing lights out and are amongst the best in the NFL right now.  

And you do realize the Jets D is also great and we have only scored a measley 3 TD's in the last 2 weeks ourselves right?

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think the Jets do look like that, especially on the offense.  Hackett is hot garbage, but lets not pretend Rodgers has zero juice left either.  He isn't the same guy, but no one is happier today than Rodgers, and an amped up Rodgers can be dangerous still in a game like this that is pretty vital for the Jets to get back into the divisional race.  They lose, and they are really behind the 8 ball to even make the playoffs...they win, and they lead the AFCE for the first time this season.  

I hate Rodgers as much as anyone...I think he isn't the same guy...but I am also not going to say he isn't capable of coming out hot this game with more pep in his step with the guy he hated gone.  

I actually like Rogers.  But am curious as to how Saleh was holding him back?  By all accounts Rogers & Hackett ran the offense without any "help" from Saleh so how is firing him helping Rogers get the offense to be more productive?  The only thing that makes sense is that Saleh balked at bringing Adams in because of the cost. 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get that, but a motivated Rodgers who is delighted by this firing can still be dangerous.  Also, Vikings and Broncos defenses have been playing lights out and are amongst the best in the NFL right now.  

And you do realize the Jets D is also great and we have only scored a measley 3 TD's in the last 2 weeks ourselves right?

Watching Rogers this season reminds me of Kelly's last season - he could still make some of his signature throws but overall suffered a rapid decline and was a below average QB.  I see the same thing with Rogers who checks it down at the first hint of pressure. 

And the Jet's offense did not look good against the Titans either. 

My worry going into this game has always been the Jets D.  But I find it hard to believe that they aren't seeing this as Saleh being screwed over. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I actually like Rogers.  But am curious as to how Saleh was holding him back?  By all accounts Rogers & Hackett ran the offense without any "help" from Saleh so how is firing him helping Rogers get the offense to be more productive?  The only thing that makes sense is that Saleh balked at bringing Adams in because of the cost. 

I'm reading now that Hackett may be relieved of his playcalling duties.  Apparently, at least two offensive players complained about the offensive coaching, leadsership, and playcalling.  Hackett is once again on his way out of a coaching situation, it appears.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

😂 Have you seen the last 2 games. 

And yet Dungy is the shinning example of why McDermott has to go.

Exactly.

Dungy squandered all star Colts rosters.  One ring with Peyton Manning.  So many one and dones. lol. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

The Jets can hire and fire all the GM's and HC's they want. The real problem for them is...

th?id=OSK.HERONm2aacJS9LTT37Ie7S71wZCCy7

Let's give him some credit....he was smart enough to not give the job to Hackett.

But he probably wanted to....but then it would totally confirm Rodgers pulling all the strings 🤣

30 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

😂 Have you seen the last 2 games. 

And yet Dungy is the shinning example of why McDermott has to go.

This whole situation is kinda ironic to me.  Our fanbase wants to dump McD for losing insanely close playoff games to a dynasty being coached by a guy that took 20 years to win his first superbowl 

Reid is a perfect example of not giving up on a coach too soon 🤣heck even if you just want to limit it to his time with kc, there were loud calls for his firing before he even got to the Super Bowl run years.  They won one playoff game in his first 4 seasons despite making the playoffs three of those years and his gameday decision making was constantly questioned.  One year they got a bye and got bounced in the divisional round.  2015 he was just about toast when they started 1-5.  

If the ‘we are good in the regular season but bad in the playoffs we better move on’ crowd won out, the dynasty likely never even happens 

sure Reid looks like a genius now but he took a ton of flak for decades in this league, has drafted all kinds of busts, has woefully mismanaged the huge moments in games, and so on.  it seems like everyone has forgotten his whole history 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

8 minutes ago, Murdox said:

I'm reading now that Hackett may be relieved of his playcalling duties.  Apparently, at least two offensive players complained about the offensive coaching, leadsership, and playcalling.  Hackett is once again on his way out of a coaching situation, it appears.

I don't see anyone on their coaching staff that is an upgrade as a playcaller. Todd Downing?

Just now, Low Positive said:

I don't see anyone on their coaching staff that is an upgrade as a playcaller. Todd Downing?

Now it gets even crazier, new play caller, rookie hc calling defensive plays while managing the overhead of overseeing the whole team all while right in the thick of a division race with an upcoming game against a division rival they usually play tough 

Hackett is terrible and Saleh is bad but it’s just such upheaval for mid season when they’re competing 

Looks it was a power struggle over the pathetic Nathaniel Hackett, of all people: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-robert-saleh-considered-firing-nathaniel-hackett-before-being-fired. Saleh is smart enough to know he's terrible, and this just shows who is running the team. It ain't one of the coaches, that's for sure.

12 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

This whole situation is kinda ironic to me.  Our fanbase wants to dump McD for losing insanely close playoff games to a dynasty being coached by a guy that took 20 years to win his first superbowl 

Reid is a perfect example of not giving up on a coach too soon 🤣heck even if you just want to limit it to his time with kc, there were loud calls for his firing before he even got to the Super Bowl run years.  They won one playoff game in his first 4 seasons despite making the playoffs three of those years and his gameday decision making was constantly questioned.  One year they got a bye and got bounced in the divisional round.  2015 he was just about toast when they started 1-5.  

If the ‘we are good in the regular season but bad in the playoffs we better move on’ crowd won out, the dynasty likely never even happens 

sure Reid looks like a genius now but he took a ton of flak for decades in this league, has drafted all kinds of busts, has woefully mismanaged the huge moments in games, and so on.  it seems like everyone has forgotten his whole history 

Are you comparing Donovan McNabb to Allen or Mahomes?!?! Reid went as far as he could with DNabb, multiple conference championships and one SB where McNabb threw up in the huddle & TO played with a broken leg.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Eyeroll 1

Harrison Glaser on X: ""Two offensive players SNY touched base with believed themselves to be at a disadvantage as a result of the #Jets offensive staff. A third told SNY he can’t recall seeing a coach 'with less confidence' than Hackett."- @Connor_J_Hughes “Hackett doesn’t take charge,” the player https://t.co/aWmZA2LsF5" / X

• Like (+1) 1