Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

47 minutes ago, Saxum said:

Head Coaches have complete control over staff and could have fired Hackett.   GM  Joe Douglas could have fired him to PREVENT him from firing him but then Saleh woulf have a point to speak on with press and SHOULD since Hackett's offense was ruining his team.

I get the vibe that this is exactly what happened of course it’s a complete guess though 🤣. Their season so far has been classic fire your oc results then Saleh gets the axe first…its very odd

i was just suggesting one way it could involve Hackett that Saleh got fired initially 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I get the vibe that this is exactly what happened of course it’s a complete guess though 🤣. Their season so far has been classic fire your oc results then Saleh gets the axe first…its very odd

Very odd. Screams that Woody has been meddling with everything the entire season. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Dammit, I wanted him to coach against Buffalo. Now the Jets will be motivated to play for the new guy, and we have no tape on their new tendencies or game plans.

very little can or will change in six days under the interim guy. Wouldn’t worry 

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

very little can or will change in six days under the interim guy. Wouldn’t worry 

And it’s not like Saleh hasn’t had us sweating in MetLife numerous times…were 1-2 there in his tenure and the one win was when they were in full rebuild mode year 1 

the risk of dumping everything on ulbricht makes no sense.  If they had started 0-5 sure I get it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

If this thing with Saleh about to fire Hackett is true, that means Rodgers is calling the shots and then we are doomed. 

I assume you mean "we" as in a Jet's fan?  But yea this firing seems strange to me with the Jets only one game behind a reeling Bills team coming into the Meadowlands.  I've seen all the Jets games this season and except for week one, the defense has not been the problem.  The offense on the other hand has reeked.  Firing Saleh now seems crazy like Carolina Panthers owner crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I assume you mean "we" as in a Jet's fan?  But yea this firing seems strange to me with the Jets only one game behind a reeling Bills team coming into the Meadowlands.  I've seen all the Jets games this season and except for week one, the defense has not been the problem.  The offense on the other hand has reeked.  Firing Saleh now seems crazy like Carolina Panthers owner crazy.

If ulbricht plans to get more involved in the offense it sort of makes sense but then you risk taking away from the one thing that has been working for them.  The new line of thinking seems to be coaches giving up playcalling duties to oversee the whole team and that would be doing the opposite to a rookie hc taking over midseason 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

And it’s not like Saleh hasn’t had us sweating in MetLife numerous times…were 1-2 there in his tenure and the one win was when they were in full rebuild mode year 1 

And to be honest going into Monday's game I was a lot more worried about what Saleh's D might do to our struggling offense then I was about what Rogers and Hackett might do to our D.  This is really a weird decision at this point by the Jets.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And to be honest going into Monday's game I was a lot more worried about what Saleh's D might do to our struggling offense then I was about what Rogers and Hackett might do to our D.  This is really a weird decision at this point by the Jets.

Yea if this was a team that didn’t give us trouble to begin with I’d be a little more anxious.  This wasn’t a layup game before that was upgraded to unpredictable.  It was going to be a very tough game that is now downgraded to unpredictable

• Agree 1

The worst part about this is that a coaching change can really bring out the best in a team that first game out.  Chargers gave us a scare last year in their first game after they fired their HC, Raiders responded last year too.  Its quite common actually, so this IMO makes the Jets more dangerous on Monday night where we are coming off two lame duck and embarrassing performances as well.

Jets game IMHO just got a bit more concerning as we really need to right the ship and win this game.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea if this was a team that didn’t give us trouble to begin with I’d be a little more anxious.  This wasn’t a layup game before that was upgraded to unpredictable.  It was going to be a very tough game that is now downgraded to unpredictable

Great point and I actually like that it is now an unpredictable rather then worrisome game for the Bills.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

The worst part about this is that a coaching change can really bring out the best in a team that first game out.  Chargers gave us a scare last year in their first game after they fired their HC, Raiders responded last year too.  Its quite common actually, so this IMO makes the Jets more dangerous on Monday night where we are coming off too lame duck and embarrassing performances.

Jets game IMHO just got a bit more concerning as we really need to right the ship and win this game.

Those teams pretty much quit on their coaches tho.  

The Jets don’t look like that - only Rodgers has.  And he’s been terrible.  

Hackett is still there.  How are they better?

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Gregg said:

lol poor old Tony chiming in.  He was fired despite 4 playoff appearances in 5 years in Tampa…and he can’t figure out why Saleh (20 wins in 4 years ) is getting canned after another chaotic start. 

I can’t figure out why anyone would think blowing this roster in another whole season with this clown would be a better choice.  He was on the hottest seat the past 2 years.  They had to can  him.  Who’s going to do worse? He’s awful.  Hugh Jackson could win 8 games with this team

Edited by Mr. WEO

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The worst part about this is that a coaching change can really bring out the best in a team that first game out.  Chargers gave us a scare last year in their first game after they fired their HC, Raiders responded last year too.  Its quite common actually, so this IMO makes the Jets more dangerous on Monday night where we are coming off two lame duck and embarrassing performances as well.

But the jets quite literally always give us trouble…even the wins have been close under their now ex hc 😂. This isn’t like a team that had no chance now turning into ‘who knows what will happen’.  This was a game they had a really good shot to win and an unnecessary weird risk for them is now attached 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

😂 Have you seen the last 2 games. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol poor old Tony chiming in.  He was fired despite 4 playoff appearances in 5 years in Tampa…and he can’t figure out why Saleh (20 wins in 4 years ) is getting canned after another chaotic start. 

I can’t figure out why anyone would think blowing this roster in another whole season with this clown would be a better choice.  He was on the hottest seat the past 2 years.  They had to can  him.  Who’s going to do worse? He’s awful.  Hugh Jackson could win 8 games with this team

And yet Dungy is the shinning example of why McDermott has to go.

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Those teams pretty much quit on their coaches tho.  

The Jets don’t look like that - only Rodgers has.  And he’s been terrible.  

Hackett is still there.  How are they better?

I think the Jets do look like that, especially on the offense.  Hackett is hot garbage, but lets not pretend Rodgers has zero juice left either.  He isn't the same guy, but no one is happier today than Rodgers, and an amped up Rodgers can be dangerous still in a game like this that is pretty vital for the Jets to get back into the divisional race.  They lose, and they are really behind the 8 ball to even make the playoffs...they win, and they lead the AFCE for the first time this season.  

I hate Rodgers as much as anyone...I think he isn't the same guy...but I am also not going to say he isn't capable of coming out hot this game with more pep in his step with the guy he hated gone.  

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is statistical support for this idea the last 5 years but I would argue that this is a very different firing then what we've seen before:

*  It's real early in the season and the Jet's at 2 - 3 are still very much in the playoff hunt. 

*  Later season firings trigger players on bad teams to play harder for their careers.  This is so early and the players will ave the London fog still swirling around their heads it's hard to predict what will happen.

*  Late season firings often involve coaches the players don't like and the elevation of a coach they like so they play harder.  Is their evidence that this is happening here?

*  Late season firings can also trigger player guilt in letting down a coach they really like so they play harder.  But at this point in the season will there be any guilt for being 2 - 3?

*  The Jets scored just 2 TD's in their last two games. They lost to both the Vikings & Broncos because of the crappy play of their offense.  Remember the Jets D only gave up 10 points to Denver & 16 points to the Vikings (the O handed the Vikes a TD on a pick 6).  Imagine if last year the Bills offense was scoring 35 points per game but the D was giving up 40 over a 5 game stretch and they fired Dorsey in response.  My guess is that the players reaction would be a lot different then it was.