Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

44 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Don't teams firing their HC have like a high win% the following game?

Higher win %.  Yes.  They perform about the same ATS though.  A team may be more motivated if they hated their head coach.  Also, usually when a head coach gets fired when they're coming off some games where there's some unlucky statistical randomness (turnovers, unlucky bounces, etc.) and a regression to the mean is bound to happen.  You got some of that in the Denver game where the weather was awful and the London game where Rodgers uncharacteristically threw three int's.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Maybe Saleh wanted Hackett gone but Rodgers stepped in and woody sides with Rodgers? Just spitballing here but it’s possible 

Head Coaches have complete control over staff and could have fired Hackett.   GM  Joe Douglas could have fired him to PREVENT him from firing him but then Saleh woulf have a point to speak on with press and SHOULD since Hackett's offense was ruining his team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stlbills13 said:

Saleh isn't a good coach but he isn't/wasn't the problem 

He was a huge problem. The fact that people love to point out “his defense is good, so it’s not his fault” is ridiculous. There was a report that for the first time in his 3+ seasons as a HC, he was attending offensive meetings. Which means, he had no idea what was happening on that side of the ball

He is the HC and is responsible for everything that happens within the building. Even if it’s not his specialty, it’s shows a lack of accountability over his team. It also explains why the offense has been such a ***** show since he got there. Rodgers said they need to hold guys accountable and Salah said they should change the cadence. He was a terrible HC. Jets should have fired him last year and they didn’t simply to keep Hackett around for Rodgers

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hadn't seen this posted yet, but forgive me if it was and I just missed it. 

Joe Douglas was apparently not in the room when Saleh was fired. Yikes.

If Saleh was a direct report to Johnson, then there was no reason to have Douglas in the room. But not being in the room doesn’t mean that Douglas wasn’t made aware that Saleh was being let go. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Wow

If this is true I doubt the Jets will get a "dead cat bounce" out of firing Saleh and in fact this might be a case of it hurting the Jets for both the Bills game and the rest of the season.

Remember the best part of the Jets the last few years has been their D and that was Saleh's specialty.  It's reasonable to assume that the defensive players liked and respected Saleh.  After all even in the face of bad QBing the last couple of years the D played hard and was quite good.  Now you have a Superstar QB show up who missed one season due to injury and has had a mediocre, at best, season so far, orchestrating getting the defensive minded coach fired.

If I'm a Jet defender I'm thinking that given the outcomes to date the guy who needed to get fired wasn't Saleh by Hackett.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

If this is true I doubt the Jets will get a "dead cat bounce" out of firing Saleh and in fact this might be a case of it hurting the Jets for both the Bills game and the rest of the season.

Remember the best part of the Jets the last few years has been their D and that was Saleh's specialty.  It's reasonable to assume that the defensive players liked and respected Saleh.  After all even in the face of bad QBing the last couple of years the D played hard and was quite good.  Now you have a Superstar QB show up who missed one season due to injury and has had a mediocre, at best, season so far, orchestrating getting the defensive minded coach fired.

If I'm a Jet defender I'm thinking that given the outcomes to date the guy who needed to get fired wasn't Saleh by Hackett.

If this thing with Saleh about to fire Hackett is true, that means Rodgers is calling the shots and then we are doomed.