Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

36 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is this sarcasm?  Haha I mean wait to see if the jets go on a run at least before this post because this shock firing is getting universally panned right now 😂 ulbrich will probably do a decent job but that upheaval in a division race makes no sense 

I wanted him fired in the early offseason when the writing was on the wall that we were doing a rebuild, reboot, rerun etc.   

Better late than never. Making decisions based on others opinions is weak.

You think

the Jets should stick with Saleh?

35 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Copying the Jets... what a brilliant idea.

More of pointing out a possibility…… but then Generic-boy got me thinking😁

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But that’s the nfl Dave. They lost to a rookie qb who had - passing yards at halftime (still have no idea how that is possible) and finished with 60 yards; Sam Darnold playing like old Sam Darnold, and struggled against a garbage Titans team. They certainly have talent but their offense has no creativity (Rodgers hates motion and Hackett is scared of him) and their defense has had some injuries.

definitely can see this being a hard fought game. But if the bills lose to this team af home, it’s a very bad look for the hopes of this season. 

Oh, don't get me wrong -- it'd suck. My maybe baseless fear is that the Bills are way past due for a reversion to the mean on turnovers. The offense only has two and lead the league in that category, yet they have a qb who has a history of turning the ball over (especially vs the Jets D). From 2019-2023, Allen has thrown 8 INTs and fumbled it 7 times (losing it 4 times) at Met Life. That's 2.4 turnovers a game for him there. It's a pattern. 

EDIT: The Bills have only two turnovers in their last seven games including the playoffs last year. That's great, but it also strikes me as unsustainable.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Other fans are just content to watch McD repeatedly run this team into a ditch while repeating over and over , “ It’s better than the drought.” 

We would be absolutely destroying the bills franchise if we fired our defensive head coach who’s defense is playing really well 6 days before a huge division game for first place that that coach has a lot of success against and an absolutely terrible offensive coordinator gets to keep his job.  Straight up destruction on these boards which I’m imagining is what’s happening in jets land.  

it is the second dumbest move I have ever seen made by a franchise whether they win the game or not with number 1 being the browns Watson contract 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I wanted him fired in the early offseason when the writing was on the wall that we were doing a rebuild, reboot, rerun etc.   

Better late than never. Making decisions based on others opinions is weak.

You think

the Jets should stick with Saleh?

More of pointing out a possibility…… but then Generic-boy got me thinking😁

I think they should stick with him and fire him in the offseason if it doesn’t work out 100% absolutely irrefutable fact.  Better late than never doesn’t mean mid season in the midst of a division race 😂

there is no universe where Saleh should’ve been fired before Hackett it’s sheer stupidity on unheard of levels.  Even if ulbricht is great he still has the Hackett problem that Saleh has…the defense is pretty much at maximum output as it is what do you gain 

what they’ve done is forced a good defensive play caller to now have more responsibilities on top of what he’s good at for absolutely no reason leading up to their biggest game of the year 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DC Greg said:

And here comes Dion Dawkins to weigh in on Twitter 

Yes how about he stops getting walked back like a P word at the end of games on 3rd down when our qb is about to make a big pass but can’t cuz he’s thrown into Allen’s face 

• Like (+1) 5

I shouldn't need to point out that the discussions around firing a head coach with a career record of 20-36 and 0 playoff appearances and firing a head coach with a career record of 76-43 and 6 playoff appearances are not the same.

If you want McDermott fired, that's fine. I advocated for moving on from him last season myself. But to pretend like McDermott and Saleh are comparable or that it's an apples to apples situation is disingenuous and completely disregards very relevant context.

Among active NFL head coaches, McDermott's .624 win percentage is fifth, ahead of guys like Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh, Sean McVay, and Kyle Shanahan. Robert Saleh's .353 winning percentage, by comparison, is bottom five.

So again, you want McDermott fired, that's fine, but it's nowhere near the same situation as the Jets and Saleh.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m pretty curious as to why to be honest 🤣. Qb forcing his head coach out which in all likelihood is what happened is not gonna inspire a team to play hard.  Totally respect your differing opinion I’m just curious what it is lol 

I’ve seen quite a few of these team playing hard for a new head coach games and it’s a tanking team pulling out all the stops and upsetting somebody most of the time that they win..  usually the team feels responsible for letting their coach down but that’s not really the case here 

Well, you are making a lot of assumptions about the situation. And even if it is Rodgers forcing him out, a lot of players could be on his side and convinced that he is correct, so they would play harder to support their QB and prove that Saleh was the issue.

17 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Oh, don't get me wrong -- it'd suck. My maybe baseless fear is that the Bills are way past due for a reversion to the mean on turnovers. The offense only has two and lead the league in that category, yet they have a qb who has a history of turning the ball over (especially vs the Jets D). From 2019-2023, Allen has thrown 8 INTs and fumbled it 7 times (losing it 4 times) at Met Life. That's 2.4 turnovers a game for him there. It's a pattern. 

EDIT: The Bills have only two turnovers in their last seven games including the playoffs last year. That's great, but it also strikes me as unsustainable.

They rarely turn it over in the playoffs.  Seems like Allen is making better decisions when things are at least going somewhat well but he got a little careless in the Texans game so I can see the concern.

i do think some of this is Allen’s bad luck on defenders never dropping his ints reverting to the mean again too..  it was absolutely crazy for awhile haha like I’d watch a chiefs game and mahomes was hitting defenders between the numbers and they’d drop it.  Allen was getting diving/toe tapping ints pulled off against him with regularity 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, you are making a lot of assumptions about the situation. And even if it is Rodgers forcing him out, a lot of players could be on his side and convinced that he is correct, so they would play harder to support their QB and prove that Saleh was the issue.

It’s possible for sure…we’re obviously all dealing in guessing at what’s possibly going on behind the scenes.  

I don’t think it can be anything other than complete locker room dysfunction though whether Rodgers was the primary driver of it or not so comparing it to some of these other teams who had coaching changes is pretty disingenuous too

I mean, valid points about a team playing hard the game after the HC is fired, but this is nothing more than lipstick on a pig. Jets are going to Jets. The Bills are still a superior team, but the Jets will be tough on Monday. Still expecting a Bills win.