Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

It might not seem like a lot, but a 43% win rate is much higher than most of those teams had leading up to those games, so it is a measurable boost. And even when they lose, they come out swinging.

It’s apples and oranges…the jets are not tanking and will not be pulling absolutely unexpected plays out of their butts because why the heck not 😂. Severely doubt whatever happened behind the scenes did anything but divide the team further too.  If they played their normal jets football they had a very good chance to win this one.  There’s no way this move did anything but hurt their win percentage.

we may lose it anyway but it won’t be because they fired their coach 

a team firing their defensive coach who’s defense was performing well in the midst of a division race is completely unprecedented…teams are 0-0 in this situation 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, uticaclub said:

A win against Buffalo brings the team together and they go on a run. A loss and its same ol’ Jets. Talentwise Jets are head of us at every position other than QB, McD & Co need to coach the game of their lives or the season in Buffalo could tank. 

its a definite must win for the season, things look alot brighter if we are 4-2 and the Jets are 2-4 and take a division and head to head loss in the process that is effectively a 3 game lead... a loss by the Bills and its a 1 game lead. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

That contract is fine, there’s no guaranteed money left.  Inherently there’s a lot of risk bc you know he’s going to WANT to be paid and he’s older, but for a contender (or a desperate team), it might be worth it. 

For the Bills, I’d have him as the 3rd option, first is Cooper (cheap and effective), Hopkins (slightly more long term impact on dead money vs Cooper), Adams because you know he’s going to want to be paid and this team isn’t in position to make that play and re-tool the team. 

I'm not sure what you mean with his contract. There is a potential out in 2025, but you take on $15.7 million in dead cap or $7.85 million in 2026. But his cap hit is over $44 million in 2025 and 2026. You'd have to extend him and majorly restructure everything, and he is already 31 years old. Seems like a bad contract situation to me.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

It’s apples and oranges…the jets are not tanking and will not be pulling absolutely unexpected plays out of their butts because why the heck not 😂. Severely doubt whatever happened behind the scenes did anything but divide the team further too.  If they played their normal jets football they had a very good chance to win this one.  There’s no way this move did anything but hurt their win percentage.

we may lose it anyway but it won’t be because they fired their coach 

a team firing their defensive coach who’s defense was performing well in the midst of a division race is completely unprecedented…teams are 0-0 in this situation 

I disagree. But whatever. We'll see how it goes.

• Like (+1) 1

Well if the Bills cannot win this one with the Jets such a mess what will that tell you?

On 2nd thought, Maybe this guarantees the Bills will lose. McD seems to get bested in these emotion filled games where he has to inspire the team as much as the opposition.

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JP51 said:

its a definite must win for the season, things look alot brighter if we are 4-2 and the Jets are 2-4 and take a division and head to head loss in the process that is effectively a 3 game lead... a loss by the Bills and its a 1 game lead. 

Must win for the jets yea but losing the road away game isn’t the end all be all for the bills.  Same sort of thing happened with Miami a few years ago.  

our schedule lightens up quite a bit soon 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

A win against Buffalo brings the team together and they go on a run. A loss and its same ol’ Jets. Talentwise Jets are head of us at every position other than QB, McD & Co need to coach the game of their lives or the season in Buffalo could tank. 

The Jets have everything to gain on this and basically nothing to lose.  Lose the game?  that was expected and they'll get better after a few weeks.  Win the game?  Wow great Saleh was the problem lets roll!

The Bills can't come out flat like they have the last couple weeks.  No cutesy play calling, no abject failures at clock and game management.  I realize I may as well be asking to win the lottery given our current coaching staff but a boy can dream

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Must win for the jets yea but losing the road away game isn’t the end all be all for the bills.  Same sort of thing happened with Miami a few years ago.  

our schedule lightens up quite a bit soon 

Lightens up? We still got 9ers, Lions, KC, Colts & Seattle. All terrible matchup for Buffalo, hopefully we go 3-2 in those games but I could see 0-5 with the lack out talent and coaching deficiency.

Edited by uticaclub

6 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm not sure what you mean with his contract. There is a potential out in 2025, but you take on $15.7 million in dead cap or $7.85 million in 2026. But his cap hit is over $44 million in 2025 and 2026. You'd have to extend him and majorly restructure everything, and he is already 31 years old. Seems like a bad contract situation to me.

I disagree. But whatever. We'll see how it goes.

I’m pretty curious as to why to be honest 🤣. Qb forcing his head coach out which in all likelihood is what happened is not gonna inspire a team to play hard.  Totally respect your differing opinion I’m just curious what it is lol 

I’ve seen quite a few of these team playing hard for a new head coach games and it’s a tanking team pulling out all the stops and upsetting somebody most of the time that they win..  usually the team feels responsible for letting their coach down but that’s not really the case here 

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Lightens up? We still got 9ers, Lions, KC, Colts & Seattle. All terrible matchup for Buffalo, hopefully we go 3-2 in those games but I could see 0-5 with the lack out talent and coaching deficiency.

Yeah given what the Bills have shown the last 2 weeks against good teams, this is absolutely a must win.   We look like a slightly better than average, but only slightly, team this year and if we don't pick up the wins we're supposed to get, we're not going to win the division or get a wildcard.  Im not sure this version of the Bills have the mental toughness to fight through the coming schedule with a winning record.  Lose to the jets, the wheels come off, and we see the worst version of them for the middle half of the schedule

8 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I think we have the easiest strength of schedule remaining in the league I just read somewhere I’ll investigate lol. SF just lost to Arizona and Seattle lost to the giants and probably should’ve lost by more.  Also our home/road split was pretty lopsided early 

yea there’s some hard games that we 60/40 lose but there’s a bunch of layups too 

jets have Seahawks also so that one is kind of a wash…they get tua dolphins one extra time too he’s rumored to be back week 8

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

There’s the nepo babies who turned out awesome like Shanahan. Then, there’s Hackett. It’s wild he’s gotten to be a terrible OC for so long with no real success besides when he guided prime Aaron Rodgers under an offensive head coach.

Nothing gets the attention of a team more than firing the HC.  Especially early in the season.

Jets have a good roster but have been underachievers.  Outside of the extra motivation, it remains to be seen whether Rodgers can play better.  Monday could get ugly if NY gets a lead.

My God I love the Jets @Jimmy Spagnola

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jets-website-was-still-focusing-on-salehs-future-after-news-broke-he-was-fired

Even after all the major NFL news outlets were leading their coverage with the breaking story that Saleh had been fired, the Jets’ own website had nothing about it. Instead, prominently displayed at the top of NewYorkJets.com was an article headlined, “Jets HC Robert Saleh: ‘There’s So Much Football to Be Played.’”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

The Jets defense is for real and Rodgers has had stretches this season where he has looked like Rodgers. They could easily be 4-1. The Bills have struggled at Met Life the last couple of seasons too. This isn't like facing the Chargers last year, who didn't have a qb. And if the Jets get Adams, who is healthy, he can come in right away and play because he knows the offense like the back of his hand. And he's arguably the best route runner in the NFL.  A loss would completely suck, but I think it's quite possible they can lose because the Jets have the sort of defense -- corners who can man up well outside -- that can smother the Bills anemic receiving corps.

But that’s the nfl Dave. They lost to a rookie qb who had - passing yards at halftime (still have no idea how that is possible) and finished with 60 yards; Sam Darnold playing like old Sam Darnold, and struggled against a garbage Titans team. They certainly have talent but their offense has no creativity (Rodgers hates motion and Hackett is scared of him) and their defense has had some injuries.

definitely can see this being a hard fought game. But if the bills lose to this team af home, it’s a very bad look for the hopes of this season. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, notpolian said:

Nothing gets the attention of a team more than firing the HC.  Especially early in the season.

Jets have a good roster but have been underachievers.  Outside of the extra motivation, it remains to be seen whether Rodgers can play better.  Monday could get ugly if NY gets a lead.

Have they?  They have huge X’s and O’s deficiencies on the offensive line who can’t protect their qb who has lost most of his mobility.  The defense has been great and is second in the league in yards allowed despite their offense not helping them out at all because it is lacking talent in key areas.  I think they’re right where they should be and probably could’ve lost that titans game too 

Just now, K-9 said:

The interim HC might be even more of a poser than Saleh. 

McDermott is the last of the similar looking bald, jacked coaches of the AFC East ((Flores, Saleh, Belichick when he takes off his hairpiece).  

pour one out, it was a great ride. Pouring Austin Powers GIF

34 minutes ago, T master said:

I was gonna say that is exactly what some fans here are dreaming of throwing instability into the mix . Hey lets just hire Rex back that will fix everything he;s had enough time to clear his head & can now lead us to the promise land !!! Maybe that's what the Jets will do so we better hurry ...

Other fans are just content to watch McD repeatedly run this team into a ditch while repeating over and over , “ It’s better than the drought.” 

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

The Jets have everything to gain on this and basically nothing to lose.  Lose the game?  that was expected and they'll get better after a few weeks.  Win the game?  Wow great Saleh was the problem lets roll!

The Bills can't come out flat like they have the last couple weeks.  No cutesy play calling, no abject failures at clock and game management.  I realize I may as well be asking to win the lottery given our current coaching staff but a boy can dream

This is kind of a self defeating argument based on your assumption the Saleh jets were not going to win this game.  I’d argue the Saleh jets should’ve been favored in this game and very well could’ve been  sitting as the division leader on Monday night.  Why add all this upheaval into the mix and risk that?  They have literally everything to lose lol it’s not like Saleh has struggled against buffalo in the past