Jets Fire Saleh

aristocrat

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Pegula??? Are you seeing this??? It is possible to do this!

I was gonna say that is exactly what some fans here are dreaming of throwing instability into the mix . Hey lets just hire Rex back that will fix everything he;s had enough time to clear his head & can now lead us to the promise land !!! Maybe that's what the Jets will do so we better hurry ...

I’m a lot more concerned about Josh reverting back to Sugar High Josh this past Sunday and not taking the easy throws than I am some bum Jets HC getting fired.

Saleh was loved by his defensive guys. Now the perception is going to be that Rogers, who’s offense has sucked, got him fired.

And many people here think that’s going to give them an emotional boost? 

Whatever

Edited by RunTheBall

15 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Yeah this is a weird move.  Something else must be going on behind the scenes.

I wonder how the defense players feel about the move?

They are reportedly ‘shocked’

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Pegula??? Are you seeing this??? It is possible to do this!

Is this sarcasm?  Haha I mean wait to see if the jets go on a run at least before this post because this shock firing is getting universally panned right now 😂 ulbrich will probably do a decent job but that upheaval in a division race makes no sense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m a lot more concerned about Josh reverting back to Sugar High Josh this past Sunday and not taking the east throws than I am some bum Jets HC getting fired.

Saleh was loved by his defensive guys. Now the perception is going to be that Rogers, who’s offense has sucked, got him fired.

Whatever

I really hope to see a Gabe Davis and Trevor Lawrence situation with the Jets this week.

2 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

My take is that Saleh wasn’t all in on Adams, there was clear and obvious friction between him and Rodgers, and after a lackluster start they felt they had to make a change to have a chance this season.

That feels like a gm thing more than a Saleh thing and I don’t think Rodgers can get him fired mid season but who knows 🤣 if Saleh didn’t want Adams it’s pretty doubtful Douglas does.  And if Douglas wanted him and Saleh didn’t it probably happens anyway 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I’m a lot more concerned about Josh reverting back to Sugar High Josh this past Sunday and not taking the easy throws than I am some bum Jets HC getting fired.

Whatever

No else is concerned about your concerns. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Dammit, I wanted him to coach against Buffalo. Now the Jets will be motivated to play for the new guy, and we have no tape on their new tendencies or game plans.

So I am going to take a contrary view here.... not that you are wrong, but I see it different. I think the majority of the Jets dysfunction comes from the relationship between Rodgers and the HC. I am not sure that the players especially on offense will take kindly to this, I think they liked Saleh. The defense has their DC coming in as coach so nothing really will change there... but ultimately I think this further divides them as a whole.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

A couple people already posted stats about the "win the first game post coach firing at a pretty good clip" thing, and it's not quite as much of a boost as you'd think, historically speaking.

The rest I agree with.

It might not seem like a lot, but a 43% win rate is much higher than most of those teams had leading up to those games, so it is a measurable boost. And even when they lose, they come out swinging.

1 hour ago, fergie's ire said:

Great.  Another game against a team with a just fired the coach boost.

It was a game the jets had a very good chance of winning with their current coach though…usually what you’re thinking of is a tanking team with nothing to lose pulling out all the stops and upsetting somebody 

that was not the case here 

Just now, JP51 said:

So I am going to take a contrary view here.... not that you are wrong, but I see it different. I think the majority of the Jets dysfunction comes from the relationship between Rodgers and the HC. I am not sure that the players especially on offense will take kindly to this, I think they liked Saleh. The defense has their DC coming in as coach so nothing really will change there... but ultimately I think this further divides them as a whole.  

A win against Buffalo brings the team together and they go on a run. A loss and its same ol’ Jets. Talentwise Jets are head of us at every position other than QB, McD & Co need to coach the game of their lives or the season in Buffalo could tank. 

• Shocked 1