Why Won't Trump Sit For Serious Interviews, Debate Harris or Take Any Tough Questions?

4 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

This is an interesting take, though it seems rather preposterous.  They did their level best to shield Biden and his decline, and Harris partnered with him willingly along the way with the big reveal an implosion on the debate stage? 

Much more likely that they knew their base would vote for him regardless of his mental acuity, felt he had the skills set to bluster his way through the debate against another blusterer, but Biden didn’t have the horses that night.  

I think any sensible citizen witnessed the obvious decline of Biden pre-2020.  Dems became comfortable with the president by committee approach, and ultimately his agenda matched their needs and they lived with it. 

As for hypocrisy, that’s the nature of the political condition.  Change the facts, change the target, you’ll change who’s outraged about just about anything. 

Maybe.  My view is that you had the Biden (White House) team hiding his decline and you had the rest of the Dem power brokers (Pelosi, Obamas, Clintons)  with various levels of awareness but still mostly on the outside.  You also had Jill Biden covering and you have Biden's ego, which still regrets stepping down.  Last year, team Biden convinced the outside powers to let him stand as the candidate, aided by the fact that he's one of them, in political terms.

Somewhere along the spring and summer, the power brokers finally realized this guy is not fit to serve another term.

Think about it, every technique the WH used to hide his decline was agreeably taken away for that Trump debate. 

How does that make sense?

It makes sense if you're testing him, and if he passes you push forward, if not, emergency plan B.  And in the wake of the failure, the power brokers became very visible in the press until Biden stepped down.

WRT hypocrisy, when I was a Republican 15 years ago I used to believe we were more intellectual and capable of integrity then the Dems.  Sadly, that has pretty much flipped which is why I'm independent. 

4 hours ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Trump is definitely slowing, he is almost 80, but comparing him to Biden is ridiculous. Biden has not a full day of activity since 2016, Trump is mentally where Biden was in 2016.

I don't share your opinion and it's tough to say how fast Trump will progress but he is and will probably accelerate like Biden did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Trump is old, slow and unstable

After a weekend of speeches dehumanizing immigrants and threatening to use the U.S. military on Americans who oppose him, Donald Trump in a 1 AM dead of night post lashed out at his Democratic presidential opponent in what some are saying was projection.

"I believe it is very important that Kamala Harris pass a test on Cognitive Stamina and Agility," Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform at 1:12 AM. "Her actions have led many to believe that there could be something very wrong with her. Even 60 Minutes and CBS, in order to protect Lyin’ Kamala, illegally and unscrupulously replaced an answer she had given, which was totally 'bonkers,' with another answer that had nothing to do with the question asked. Also, she is slow and lethargic in answering even the easiest of questions. We just went through almost four years of that, we shouldn’t have to do it again!"

Late Monday morning Trump posted the same message on the social media site X. He also recently called Vice President Harris “######ed,” according to The New York Times.

"So, let me get this straight," noted Zeteo News media columnist Justin Baragona. "The 78-year-old GOP presidential nominee, who has been showing serious signs of age-related decline, refuses to release his medical records -- but he is now demanding his much younger opponent take a cognitive test?"

READ MORE: ‘Fascist to the Core’: Trump’s Top General Slams Ex-President as ‘Most Dangerous Person’

SiriusXM host Michelangelo Signorile observed, "Trump is furious that Harris is saying Trump's 'staff' won't let him do 60 Minutes or release his medical records."

"Claiming Harris is 'slow and lethargic' is a heavy lift even for this pathological liar and his MAGA mob."

The Harris campaign mocked Trump in response.

"Trump posts at 1:12am that VP Harris must take a cognitive test," wrote campaign spokesperson Ian Sams. "As he refuses to release his medical records, sit with 60 Minutes, or debate her again— instead retreating solely to rambling rallies where he’s increasingly making no sense."

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Hey idiot, she’s going on Fox News. When is Trump doing any interview not on Fox? 

Trump is mentally unfit 

You just replied to post that literally has Time saying Trump talked to time for 90 minutes. 

• Haha (+1) 6

5 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

You just replied to post that literally has Time saying Trump talked to time for 90 minutes. 

Trump is nuts, he doesn't even know who he is talking to. All the STDs rotting his brain 

56 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

But we love Tibs anyway. Anyone that dim is just harmless. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

He’s not capable. He’s never been able to string a thought together (love those transcripts) past 2-3 sentences without forgetting the topic. 

Why is this a question? His ego won’t let him lead. 

No need to insult anyone…Trumps answers speak for themselves. Should I quote his answer to the question about what stimuli he’d leverage to reinvigorate Detroit’s auto biz?

“With many jobs being outsourced as we speak, what actions will you take to ensure that our jobs stay in America so we can continue to build the best cars in the world here in Michigan,” asked the voter at the event in Warren, Michigan.

“So pretty much as we’ve been saying and what I want to do is that I want to be able to — look, your business — years ago, in this area, I was honored as the man of the year,” said Trump as he revived a long-debunked claim.

“It was maybe 20 years ago, oh, and the fake news heard about it, they said it never happened, it never happened.”

Wtaf

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

the answer to the original question:  because he doesn't want to answer the question of whether he is a neo nazi sympathizer...like almost all the maga's here.   Congrats @Commsvet11 for being the exception.

It goes without saying nobody supports those neo Nazis, just like nobody who on here supports the current KKK, what you have understand is these groups are such a joke, no attention should be paid to them, I don’t want to call them fake because that’s not the right word, but they aren’t actively throwing Jews in a gas ovens, and the current KKK I don’t think have lynched anybody of color in a very long time, these groups talk about their ideals but the only power they have are in prisons mostly, but in prison being a neo Nazi isn’t the worst thing you can be, pedophiles are.

What the attention is focused on is what is current, what is more important, Nazis and The KKK relics of past we are dealing with the new group of racists and antisemitism.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

Random question, you ever watch or read the the man in the high castle?

briefly.  found it contrived.  but yes,  good thing the nazi's didn't win WW2 thanks to real heroes from the greatest American generation.  Neo nazi's pi$$ on their graves.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

briefly.  found it contrived.  but yes,  good thing the nazi's didn't win WW2 thanks to real heroes from the greatest American generation.

But here is something to consider that greatest generation was still pretty racist, I mean Jesse Owens showed up Nazi Germany and Hitler gave more respect, Jesse Owens couldn’t even ride in the front in bus in America, and the Japanese Internment camp? Keep in mind WW2 they didn’t even know about the holocaust until late in the war. 

17 minutes ago, Commsvet11 said:

But here is something to consider that greatest generation was still pretty racist, I mean Jesse Owens showed up Nazi Germany and Hitler gave more respect, Jesse Owens couldn’t even ride in the front in bus in America, and the Japanese Internment camp? Keep in mind WW2 they didn’t even know about the holocaust until late in the war. 

And?  that makes racism ok?  We've learned.  Or most of us have.  The descendants of the greatest generation are mostly better in that regard....as they hoped for.  btw, Hitler gave Jesse Owens no respect.  He hated that he made the aryans look inferior.

https://www.history.com/news/jesse-owens-adolf-hitler-1936-olympics

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

And?  that makes racism ok?  We've learned.  The descendants of the greatest generation are mostly better in that regard....as they hoped for.

You are over 60 I know you used racist language and being a doctor in the 80s with AIDS …..homophobic phrases  like Gay man’s disease. Your respect goes to the greatest generation knowing they were racist and if they could vote today there is no way they would vote for a women but yet you see no hypocrisy 

• Haha (+1) 1