McDermott needs a end of game coordinator

86poker

25 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Crying about the guy with 114 career wins because “the grass is always greener” is tiresome.

Giving McDermott credit for those 114 wins is tiresome and silly.  Without Josh, McDermott would be wallowing as some mid tier .500 HC somewhere. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott has his flaws but if he were to get fired, he would have multiple teams interviewing him for a HC job.

My biggest issue with him, he gets too aggressive on defense late in games.  No need to send the house on 3rd and long....he does that way too much.

True. Those teams being perennial basement dwellers like the Jets, Raiders, and Panthers. He miiiiiiight be able to pull off landing in Philly if they fire Siriani, but he isnt going to get them over the hump either. Especially in that division with Dallas and now Washington.

And really, that is his sweet spot.

As I keep saying "Sean McDermott is the type of coach that will take a 4-13 team to the Wild Card, and also take a 13-4 team to the Wild Card"

Actually, now that I type it, a return to Carolina as a HC who rights that ship would probably be the best thing for him.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

56 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

"I hope the coaches learn from it" says a Bills veteran player. 

McDermott teams have consistently blundered coaching decisions in key moments to cost the team. For such a detail oriented coach it seems off brand, but it it's actually what he's becoming known for. 

Seems every other week we have things to learn from. It’s been 7 years, he should know these things already. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Top candidates like who? Matt Nagy? Ken Wisenhunt? Get outta here. Not a single upgrade.

Not a single upgrade out there. Prove me wrong. 

And no, Billy B is not an upgrade. 

Vrabel.

Plus, I would take a chance on any of the hot OCs.

We've already hit our ceiling with McD. If we dont take a chance, we'll waste the 2nd half of Josh's career too.

edit: I'll also add that I guarantee back in Jan 2017, after we fired Rex, you didnt even know who Sean McDermott was. And certainly would not have named him the successor. So who knows who else is out there.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Vrabel.

Plus, I would take a chance on any of the hot OCs.

We've already hit our ceiling with McD. If we dont take a chance, we'll waste the 2nd half of Josh's career too.

edit: I'll also add that I guarantee back in Jan 2017, after we fired Rex, you didnt even know who Sean McDermott was. And certainly would not have named him the successor. So who knows who else is out there.

Vrabel has the exact amount of success as McDermott does. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Crying about the guy with 114 career wins because “the grass is always greener” is tiresome.

I'm not crying.....i'm saying McD is a god and has no flaws.

Try and keep up, son.

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

McDermott has his flaws but if he were to get fired, he would have multiple teams interviewing him for a HC job.

My biggest issue with him, he gets too aggressive on defense late in games.  No need to send the house on 3rd and long....he does that way too much.

And when I dumped that chick in high school who was cute but Meh she immediately had other suitors….that has no bearing on my decision to give her the boot.

Same thing here. Of course there are a bunch of sucky teams who would kill to have McD. They won’t get to the SB with him either!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

And when I dumped that chick in high school who was cute but Meh she immediately had other suitors….that has no bearing on my decision to give her the boot.

Same thing here. Of course there are a bunch of sucky teams who would kill to have McD. They won’t get to the SB with him either!

Why are you under the impression that my quote meant not to not ever give him the boot?

McDermott showed what he was about the day he traded away the Mahomes pick to KC (and for scant return I might add). And for those who want to blame Beane, he was not yet with the team. If he didn't luck into Josh Allen we would probably be as bad as we were during the drought. 

McDermott should be fired either now or after the season, but it will not happen. It's as if he cast a spell on Mr. Pegula, who gave him too much power in the organization on day one.

6 hours ago, Sweats said:

McD has no flaws and saying anything contrary makes you a bad fan

There’s not one fan I know that doesn’t think McD didn’t majorly F up the 13 second game. A lot of us know he’s flawed, but are scared to go back to the drought years. Look at the Jets. Imagine going through that year after year switching coaches. People know w/ McD that this team will always remain competitive and a post-season mainstay. I mean he’s tied w/ Bill Bellichick for the highest win % through 55 games for crying out loud. That isn’t by luck. I guess you could argue that it’s all Josh, but he did break a 17 year drought without him. I am torn. I know he has to improve. He does have the chance. Bills are still sitting 3-2 w/ the Jets coming up. Maybe the team isn’t talented enough? Well, that wouldn’t be his fault then. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Vrabel has the exact amount of success as McDermott does. 

Yep, and one had that success with Ryan Tannehill and the other with Josh Allen.

9 minutes ago, Beast said:

Because Taylor wasn’t exactly Joe Montana. 

They said, “average QB play be damned!! Let’s get a guy in there to play the worst 1/2 of football in the history of the game. At that point we will go back to the average guy.” It, predictably, failed miserably.

Anyone that watches/scouts college football knew how awful Peterman was. Go back and read @GunnerBill on Peterman before the draft. It was one thing if the Bills had a talented project (think Spencer Rattler) behind Taylor. Maybe you say, “that talent upgrades them from average.” With Peterman, he’s one of the least talented prospects ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1