Wish your fellow Florida Bills fans luck....

Special K

In the Orlando Metro area, we are expecting wind gusts of 80+ MPH, 8 inches of rain, and extended power outages.

Things in the Tampa St. Pete area are going to be much worse....in fact, most of that area of Florida has evacuated to the Orlando area.

Didn't really enjoy the game this week knowing what is coming, and most likely won't see the next one unless I am extremely lucky about not losing power.

Funny enough, during Ian 2 years ago, 95% of my County lost power, but remarkably, I was in the 5%......so here's to hoping I get that lucky again.

If not, I and many of our Florida Bills fans may not be able to check in for a while, so spare a thought for us down here in FL and wish us a safe passage through this storm....I will post an update as soon as I can, and I hope our other Fl Bills fans do the same when they can.

Stay safe, everyone!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Stay safe out there! Probably not the best time to say it, but I still don’t know why anyone would choose to live there. You guys get hit with a tropical storm or hurricane seemingly every year!

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Stay safe out there! Probably not the best time to say it, but I still don’t know why anyone would choose to live there. You guys get hit with a tropical storm or hurricane seemingly every year!

I've grown up here since the 80's, and Central Florida never got hit between 1980-2016 except for 2004 when we had 3 in a month, but since 2016 I can count at least 10 that have affected the Central Florida area.

There was a legend around here that Walt Disney chose Orlando because it was the least likely area of Florida to get hit with Hurricanes......that theory held up for a long time, but I think we can put that legend to rest at this point.

I know some don't believe in it, but I can assure you that Climate Change is a key driver of the uptick in Hurricane activity in my area...I've been seriously considering moving, but anywhere you go will have their own unique severe weather to deal with......I guess we go with the Devil we know!!

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Special K said:

I've grown up here since the 80's, and Central Florida never got hit between 1980-2016 except for 2004 when we had 3 in a month, but since 2016 I can count at least 10 that have affected the Central Florida area.

There was a legend around here that Walt Disney chose Orlando because it was the least likely area of Florida to get hit with Hurricanes......that theory held up for a long time, but I think we can put that legend to rest at this point.

I know some don't believe in it, but I can assure you that Climate Change is a key driver of the uptick in Hurricane activity in my area...I've been seriously considering moving, but anywhere you go will have their own unique severe weather to deal with......I guess we go with the Devil we know!!

I'm on the east coast in central Florida, a little south of Melbourne.  We put up the hurricane shutters today.  Hoping it doesn't get too bad here and we don't lose power.

• Like (+1) 1

As a family we make a semiannual trek to WDW, and always love the Orlando area as well as driving through the picturesque horse country around Ocala to get there. Lots of good memories—fingers and toes crossed that you all get through this one safely and in good health OP!!! 

5 hours ago, Brand J said:

Warm weather and beautiful beaches.  

I'm still planning to retire in the Keys in 25 years. 

Stay safe everyone.  Protect the memories! (photos/videos or anything of sentimental value)