Groundhog Day 2024 Version

2 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Sort of the point of my post. Great, lets recover. Set our hopes and dreams on a Divisional game we have no chance of winning. Forget everything, do it again next year. Just be good enough to keep most our fans complacent saying it's ok, at least it's not the drought years. Give the guys that couldn't get us further than a Wild Card game the keys to rebuild the whole thing around the molds of a Devin Funchess or Kelvin Benjamin. The peak of Beane and McD's tenure was 2020. It's been 4 years and it's going backwards. 

I think the biggest difference between where I am mentally with this leadership and where I see optimism on this forum is I don't think it's possible they can get us to a Super Bowl. I don't see any possibility this team somehow "finds it" come playoff time. We don't win close games and we don't perform defensively in the postseason. We are a sub .500 team in games that are decided by 7 points or less over several years. How in gods name are we just going to figure it out in the playoffs when we have never figured it out? Then how are we going to do that for what, 3-4 straight games? The thought is laughable. If I was going to have any hope this year it needed to be in the form that something about this team is different, anything. But it just isn't and in many ways we look even worse than years prior. We will recover, sure. As I said, I'm basically certain of it. It will just result in the same ending we have seen for several years now and just like the prior years we will have the exact same conversations this offseason about being close, playoff failures, and bla, bla, bla. 

Also sort of the subtext of my own post. This happens each year, but results in a heroic march to a 2nd round playoff exit because we then either get bullied or outcoached at some critical end of game sequence. Which are the same ways the team gets exposed each year in the regular season during their trademark 2-game swoon. Those exposed weaknesses don't just disappear. They get covered up against inferior opponents and/or in less critical, regular season matchups. But they get uncovered again by the best coaches and the best rosters in the playoffs. 

13 seconds was the year to capitalize on our elite QB's ascension while still functionally on his rookie deal. And while we still had a high end offensive coach on board. (The 3rd quarter back-to-back drives of conservative/ineffective running was definitely at the behest of McD, and held them back from just launching off into space, looking back.) But coaching and situational football failed them in the end. Glaringly. 

The next season, Cinci just physically beat up an exhausted, injured, soft team. 

And then it was KC again and their superior situational football and gritty play. Physicality AND coaching. 

Such a shame. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Sort of the point of my post. Great, lets recover. Set our hopes and dreams on a Divisional game we have no chance of winning. Forget everything, do it again next year. Just be good enough to keep most our fans complacent saying it's ok, at least it's not the drought years. Give the guys that couldn't get us further than a Wild Card game the keys to rebuild the whole thing around the molds of a Devin Funchess or Kelvin Benjamin. The peak of Beane and McD's tenure was 2020. It's been 4 years and it's going backwards. 

I think the biggest difference between where I am mentally with this leadership and where I see optimism on the forum is I don't think it's possible they can get us to a Super Bowl. I don't see any possibility this team somehow "finds it" come playoff time. We don't win close games and we don't perform well defensively in the postseason. We are a sub .500 team in games that are decided by 7 points or less over several years. How in gods name are we just going to figure it out in the playoffs when we have never figured it out? Then how are we going to do that for what, 3-4 straight games? The thought is laughable. If I was going to have any hope this year something about this team needed to be different, anything. But it just isn't and in many ways we look even worse than years prior. We will recover, sure, I'm basically certain of it. It will just result in the same ending we have seen for several years now and just like the prior years we will have the exact same conversations this offseason about being close, defensive failures, injuries, and bla, bla, bla. 

I agree, brother......i brought up the same points and was considered a "bad fan".......you know, for having an opinion.

The ways that this team continuously finds to implode on the field is outright uncanny, unheard of and somewhat comical. The game mismanagement each and every week is historically bad and yet, fans still want to wear the blinders and think everything is perfectly fine, like a move along, nothing to see here mentality.

Even getting into the postseason every season, we all know how the story ends going forward.

We win just enough for the FO to make money and keep the fans coming back and buying the merchandise......unfortunately, the product on the field is failing, but the fans keep buying into it and will continue to do so because at least its not the "drought years".

If this isn't our year, then maybe next season........................................................................................................(spoken by every Bills fan)

14 hours ago, Mikie2times said:
  • 2021 at 7-6 people are questioning if this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. 

False narrative as it relates to this season.  

People are questioning whether he's even capable of winning a championship or playing well in the most important playoff games. 

Most are conceding the division won in this galactically inept division.  

Brady's doing pretty much what he did last season except that people aren't recognizing it bc our D stepped up then.  

The info's all out there, just gotta not be afraid to look at it.  

Edited by PBF81