Groundhog Day 2024 Version

Mikie2times

• 2021 at 7-6 people are questioning if this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. We finish 4-0, parlayed with the perfect game, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to KC in the divisional round
  • 2022 at 6-3, suffering B2B losses and playing poorly, people are questioning if this team is really as good as they say. We finish 7-0, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to Cincinnati in the divisional round
  • 2023 at 6-6 people are not thinking we will make the playoffs. We finish the year the year 5-0, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to KC in the divisional round
  • 2024- What could happen?!?!

I'm going to play spoiler for you, we will go onto to finish the year as AFC East champions. We will win in the Wild Card round. When the season ends half of the board will talk about how incredible it was to win another AFC East championship and what a great job McD did in holding this team together. The other half will point out that we haven't been able to get past the divisional round more than one time since Josh Allen was our QB.

Meanwhile Terry will not give a flying F because at the end of the day his business is a very successful and his customers (you) keep on buying what McD and Beane are selling.  What appears to be a complete lack of progress as a franchise is nullified by our ability to overcome our own midseason ineptitude and you (the fans) ability to completely forget that ineptitude ever happened.  By the time we complete this annual circle jerk we have completely forgotten the moment we are in right now and how in the course of being one of the most dominant regular season teams in the past 4 years we find ourselves in this exact moment over and over and over. Eventually we will be riding that eternal high which is a 4-8 game winning streak into the postseason only to be smacked down under the camouflage of a billion excuses when the only clear answer is we just aren't good enough. 

-Our HC who is drawing on near historic levels of regular season success to playoff ineptitude is not good enough 

-The controllable no experienced internal coordinators he has brought in are just not good enough

-The excessive early extensions that led to cap hell, the lack of attention to WR's across multiple teams, the lack of elite talent at any level, using a franchise QB as leverage to not have to provide further weapons is.....say it with me...... JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH 

Why would it change? Our fans largely support the leaders of this organization. Why in gods name would Terry go thru the trouble of trying to get new leadership in place for this team? He is not going to be the agent of change and if the fans aren't going to be either, nothing will be. Hope is always what we have had as a fan base and this is becoming one of the most hopeless times I have felt as a Bills fan that I can remember. At least when we sucked all of us knew we needed to do something about it. Nobody questioned that change was needed. It's worse when you feel like we need to do something about it but half the people are saying no, it's ok, it's good enough. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:
  • 2021 at 7-6 people are questioning if this team has what it takes to make the playoffs. We finish 4-0, parlayed with the perfect game, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to KC in the divisional round
  • 2022 at 6-3, suffering B2B losses and playing poorly, people are questioning if this team is really as good as they say. We finish 7-0, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to Cincinnati in the divisional round
  • 2023 at 6-6 people are not thinking we will make the playoffs. We finish the year the year 5-0, many think this team is Super Bowl bound. They go onto lose to KC in the divisional round
  • 2024- What could happen?!?!

I'm going to play spoiler for you, we will go onto to finish the year as AFC East champions. We will win in the Wild Card round. When the season ends half of the board will talk about how incredible it was to win another AFC East championship and what a great job McD did in holding this team together. The other half will point out that we haven't been able to get past the divisional round more than one time since Josh Allen was our QB.

Meanwhile Terry will not give a flying F because at the end of the day his business is a very successful and his customers (you) keep on buying what McD and Beane are selling.  What appears to be a complete lack of progress as a franchise is nullified by our ability to overcome our own midseason ineptitude and you (the fans) ability to completely forget that ineptitude ever happened.  By the time we complete this annual circle jerk we have completely forgotten the moment we are in right now and how in the course of being one of the most dominant regular season teams in the past 4 years we find ourselves in this exact moment over and over and over. Eventually we will be riding that eternal high which is a 4-8 game winning streak into the postseason only to be smacked down under the camouflage of a billion excuses when the only clear answer is we just aren't good enough. 

-Our HC who is drawing on near historic levels of regular season success to playoff ineptitude is not good enough 

-The controllable no experienced internal coordinators he has brought in are just not good enough

-The excessive early extensions that led to cap hell, the lack of attention to WR's across multiple teams, the lack of elite talent at any level, using a franchise QB as leverage to not have to provide further weapons is.....say it with me...... JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH 

Why would it change? Our fans largely support the leaders of this organization. Why in gods name would Terry go thru the trouble of trying to get new leadership in place for this team? He is not going to be the agent of change and if the fans aren't going to be either, nothing will be. Hope is always what we have had as a fan base and this is becoming one of the most hopeless times I have felt as a Bills fan that I can remember. At least when we sucked all of us knew we needed to do something about it. Nobody questioned that change was needed. It's worse when you feel like we need to do something about it but half the people are saying no, it's ok, it's good enough. 

I think he may be working on correcting the bold for you. 

Stuff happens, but why does STUFF always seem so much larger and more dramatic for the Bills? Why do we have to lose in such spectacular fashion? It’s pretty remarkable, but you don’t want that to be the one thing you are known for. 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

I guess this new era of Bills fan was so beaten down by 17 years of drought that what's going on now is paradise in comparison. Regardless of whether we ever sniff another SB, I for one will not support stupid coaches that refuse to surround Josh with what he deserves and has earned. Without Josh, McDermott would've been fired ages ago. If Terry is more concerned about some revenue earning stability over pushing this team to a championship,  then shame on him. And if this new age of Bills fan could care less about a Lombardi,  then enjoy your Schottenheimer ride.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

If you're upset over how this yr is likely going to play out your expectations were too high imo

This was never a SB caliber roster

I was upset before the year started. It has only grown with seeing the final product. I don't accept rebuilding years from teams that are building on Wild Card victories with Hall of Fame QB's. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I was upset before the year started. It has only grown with seeing the final product. I don't accept rebuilding years from teams that are building on Wild Card victories and not Championships with Hall of Fame QB's. 

Even this season should never have been a rebuild year.  It should've been a reload year.  But I guess you can't reload offensive weapons that were never there in the first place. In Josh's 7 1/2 year career he's had 1 wr for 4 yrs that you could consider a WR1.  Teams like Cinncy, Mia, Houston, Philly, SF, and even Chicago have 2 wrs that you could consider #1's.  What Josh gets is scraps. We wouldn't want to deplete Sean's injury prone D.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I was upset before the year started. It has only grown with seeing the final product. I don't accept rebuilding years from teams that are building on Wild Card victories with Hall of Fame QB's. 

I mean of course I agree but it's spilled milk at this point