Not challenging Dalton sideline catch or Cook TD

Pete

On 10/8/2024 at 5:46 PM, BillsShredder83 said:

but timeout was not a game changer, and the challenge loss is nothing.

You did not know that at the time.   Even if you think you won’t need the timeouts you have to treat them as valuable as they might be.  You are probably the same person who would complain if they needed a timeout but lost one on a challenge.  Guess what? they were NOT winning those, he did the smart right thing. 

15 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I guess I am not seeing his Elbow hit in bounds for sure.

The spot  the video is stopped - the pellets flying up are not from his elbow, but from the defenders back foot.  His elbow is still in the air - it comes down and connects to the ground just as his forearm and lower body is hitting out of bounds.  It is also difficult to tell, but at 0.01 seconds on that video his toe hits right on the sideline in bounds, but slides - does it touch out of bounds?  At 0:02 seconds his arm comes down and the elbow and forearm hit simultaneously with his arm out of bounds.  

It was not going to be overturned because even as a homer of a Bills fan - it was the correct call.

The Dalton catch by the sidelines also would not be overturned in my opinion - not because of a small bobble, but because it is not a catch until he demonstrates control and control means not grabbing and having the 2 bobbles before he hits the ground.  He did not show control until he was out of bounds.  

If Dalton makes the catch clean at first with both hands and controls it until he hits the ground and it moves the small wobble that it did - then I could see the challenge, but he clearly loses control right after the catch as he is going down as the ball moves while falling and that to me is why the Refs called it correctly incomplete.

They were correctly not challenged - although you could use the Cook challenge as a timeout, but the effect was going to be the same - a play stoppage and incomplete.

Maybe your formatting is different but on my phone, the still picture shows the moment his elbow hits on the ground.  Another poster said he had stepped out before that? Maybe that’s what happened