Not challenging Dalton sideline catch or Cook TD

Pete

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think sucks is harsh but underwhelming? Definitely. And you are right what he is offering as a receiver has to be better to accept his failings as a blocker. Ertz was my comparison coming out. He was always utter garbage as a blocker too. But he being a receiver level talent as a pass catcher meant it was worth the trade off. It is true to say teams are defending the Bills at the moment by trying to take the middle of the field (where Kincaid works) away because they have nothing outside and that hurts him, but he needs to do more with his opportunities too. Too many mistakes so far this year.

I don’t even know what you do though if he is getting blown up that bad on screens…like those were all set up to be pretty big plays it is honestly kind of amazing they ALL went that badly 😂

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No he didn't, it clearly wasn't a catch and no amount of mental gymnastics people want to do would have magically transformed it into one.  It was clearly NOT a catch, the ball moved far more than is allowed for it to be considered a catch when falling to the ground out of bounds.  There has to be clear evidence to overturn it.  If anything, the overturn would have happened if it was ruled a catch and then challenged by Houston.

It is not a catch. If he was in bounds then yes. But the rule is NOT the same when he falls to the ground out of bounds.  He has to maintain control without it moving significantly...it moved significantly to the point it went between his legs and he pinned it to his legs. Again...that's fine if he was in bounds, but that's not OK when he lands out of bounds.

Come on man, both announcers were saying it was a catch, which NEVER happens.  He grabs the balls with both hands and two feet in bounds. After that he basically has carte blanch to do whatever he wants with the ball going to the ground. That’s been the standard for like 8 years. It’s a coaching failure to not challenge that. 

Edited by Zag20

26 minutes ago, Zag20 said:

Come on man, both announcers were saying it was a catch, which NEVER happens.  He grabs the balls with both hands and two feet in bounds. After that he basically has carte blanch to do whatever he wants with the ball going to the ground. That’s been the standard for like 8 years. It’s a coaching failure to not challenge that. 

They hired an ex-NFL ref to advise on replays.  I am sure he told them it was not a catch.