Not challenging Dalton sideline catch or Cook TD

Pete

59 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Zero percent chance either are overturned. Kincaid one is more of a judgement call, but the ball does move a bit while he’s out of bounds. Cook was clearly out of bounds. His elbow/forearm didn’t quite make it in.

The very first angle on the Cook catch, not the 20 shown afterwards, I thought showed his elbow just barely touching inbounds first. No other angle appeared that way, but the first angle really looked like that to me. Would have been insanely close and I thought that one might have been worth it but the TO was valuable in that spot so I get it. 

The Kincaid one he clearly double clutched just after his feet came up. If it was ruled a catch it probably would have stood. But you can't reverse that with what we saw.  

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

The thing that infuriated me on the Kinkcaid no catch, is that McDermott took a timeout right after. If you’re going to blow a timeout, challenge the play. You at least have a small chance at upside and you get a much longer break than the standard 30 second timeout. 

Exactly what I said in gameday thread, to the tee, I was literally baffled... 

Like you said, you get more time, potential catch and same outcome😡

Make it make sense.. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

People are clearly discussing both plays at the same time 😂. Multiple people referred to a Kincaid blown timeout. 

the cook play wasn’t even close I’m honestly surprised it’s even being talked about. 

My post that you responded to very clearly referenced only the play with 3:30. 

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Make it make sense.. 

the Kincaid no catch we didn’t take a timeout ‘right after’ …the cook not inbounds catch we did.  I think wires are getting crossed in this thread it seems lol 

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The very first angle on the Cook catch, not the 20 shown afterwards, I thought showed his elbow just barely touching inbounds first. No other angle appeared that way, but the first angle really looked like that to me. Would have been insanely close and I thought that one might have been worth it but the TO was valuable in that spot so I get it. 

That’s what I saw.  It looked to me Cooks elbow was just inbounds 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Make it make sense.. 

These are the right thoughts. Who cares if you burn a timeout on a risky challenge if it means a first down down the field v a punt. Use it like a timeout and get possible upside. We hadn't been in the endzone yet and McD was conserving TOs for what exactly? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

the Kincaid no catch we didn’t take a timeout ‘right after’ …the cook not inbounds catch we did.  I think wires are getting crossed in this thread it seems lol 

You're positive? I was 95% sure it was the Kincaid catch and regardless, you still challenge it

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HansLanda said:

These are the right thoughts. Who cares if you burn a timeout on a risky challenge if it means a first down down the field v a punt. Use it like a timeout and get possible upside. We hadn't been in the endzone yet and McD was conserving TOs for what exactly? 

Wish I knew man... 

Just common sense and bizarre for not doing it

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

My post that you responded to very clearly referenced only the play with 3:30. 

Could be mistaken identity haha I’ve had three people now tell me the Kincaid bobble had a timeout taken right after 

it doesn’t help the confusion that the Kincaid play happened around 3:30 in the first half 🤣

Cook was definitely out of bounds but the Kincaid catch looked perfect,. That doesn’t mean these reviewers wouldn’t keep the call because it was incomplete on the field. Not convinced it wasn’t the right decision because it would’ve spent a crucial timeout if the call stuck. Sean’s problems were more pronounced with the last series.

33 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

How is it not about timeouts too? 😂. I feel like I’m taking crazy pills here.  Your offense got it back with 1 minute left in the half with three timeouts instead of two.  That extra timeout could be huge down the stretch of a half.  You don’t throw that opportunity away on a frivolous challenge…it’s moronic.

the only leg the challenge people would have had to stand on is if our offense didn’t get another chance because we didn’t get the stop. Then having an extra timeout would’ve been strategically irrelevant 

Oh, I agree. My point was simply that it wasn’t just about the timeouts.

19 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

WTF are you talking about? The timeout we are discussing came with 3:30 left in the 4th qtr. It was after the pass to Cook on the sideline that was ruled incomplete. McD called a timeout rather than throw the challenge flag. At that point in the game the challenge flag would have been the correct decision if he was going to call a TO anyway. That’s because the Bills had both challenges left and challenges can’t be used after the 2 min warning. So he wound up wasting both. Better to have had a chance at getting the call reversed - especially since it would have cost the Bills nothing. 

There was 0.0% chance that one was being reversed. McDermott had the red flag in his hand. He was ready to throw it. He no doubt got word from upstairs he would just have looked stupid.

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

But McDermott did waste a timeout, literally before the next play after the Kincaid no catch. 

Mc13's entire career is centered on wasting timeouts on pure nonsense. What does he have to lose?  It's not like he's going to intelligently use it later.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We would've won Kincaid's.  Even the announcers said it was a catch.

The announcers know sod all about the rules. I think there was a chance on that one. And it was worth throwing the red flag. But we more likely lose it than win it. It was just the cost benefit analysis was in favour of throwing it IMO.

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s what I saw.  It looked to me Cooks elbow was just inbounds 

You need new glasses

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There was 0.0% chance that one was being reversed. McDermott had the red flag in his hand. He was ready to throw it. He no doubt got word from upstairs he would just have looked stupid.

Chances might’ve been slim - they weren’t 0.0% - but the cost was nothing. 

17 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

The Kincaid one he clearly double clutched just after his feet came up. If it was ruled a catch it probably would have stood. But you can't reverse that with what we saw.  

I agree on Kincaid. I don't agree on Cook. I didn't see a single angle where it looked close to me. He was clearly out.

Just now, BarleyNY said:

Chances might’ve been slim - they weren’t 0.0% - but the cost was nothing. 

He clearly landed out of bounds. They were 0.0%.

End this thread. None were getting overturned. Ppl complaining about “can’t take timeouts “ with you. Yes well you do LOSE a challenge. And as we know. You may need it at the critical end of game !

• Like (+1) 1