Good point on WGR, Why don't we ever see McDermott and Allen interact on the sidelines?

Billyhouseman

I heard this just now on WGR, and this is a really good point, more often than not you see head coaches and QBs interact constantly on the sidelines, whether it's in a positive or negative way, however with Josh and Sean you never see any interaction, any communication ever on the sidelines... it's really weird...does that speak more about Sean or Allen?

You really only see QB's talk with offensive head coaches who call plays on the sidelines.  It's not uncommon for QB's to talk mostly to the QB coach and offensive coordinator.  Brady and Belichick rarely talked for example.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You don't actually see a ton of head coach and player interactions because coaches have a lot on their plates. McDermott does about what most other head coaches do. This is a non-story.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You really only see QB's talk with offensive head coaches who call plays on the sidelines.  It's not uncommon for QB's to talk mostly to the QB coach and offensive coordinator.  Brady and Belichick rarely talked for example.

Exactly And they have conversed , especially in big moments but that's what qb coach n oc are for

It would be nice to see Allen discussing/planning/scheming up something with a legit OC instead of just sitting there alone.  I believe Allen really benefited from Daboll holding him accountable for mistakes and explaining to him how to do things differently on the sidelines.   I mean who is there to coach/help Allen?? Mcdormett has his defense that he knows the ins and outs and can coach any player as needed.   

• Simon locked this topic