Mini rebuild. Why is anyone that surprised?

Blackbeard

6 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Why do you keep claiming (falsely BTW) people are surprised when half of this board or more have been saying this WR room isn't good enough before and after the draft?

It's like you're saying we have no right to complain when exactly what we said was the problem is rearing its head.

There you go again putting words in my mouth.  I never said anything about a “right to complain”.  

only this shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. 

2 hours ago, Returntoglory said:

Yeah, were ok with participation trophies.

Wait, you guys got trophies? I haven't received mine yet. Is there a number I should call about that? 

Just now, Blackbeard said:

There you go again putting words in my mouth.  I never said anything about a “right to complain”.  

only this shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. 

Again, who's surprised?  Pretty sure most of us called this except those that drank the Kool-Aid the team was putting out about this WR room.

Just now, Billz4ever said:

Again, who's surprised?  Pretty sure most of us called this except those that drank the Kool-Aid the team was putting out about this WR room.

Then why are you wasting my time arguing against a point you are now agreeing on? 

smh. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I hate this very topic, the Pats and KC did this after winning Superbowls. You don’t do this after coming up short 2 years in a row or if you do you pick 1 side of the ball ( which should have been defense). Josh is going to get killed out there because we have a bunch of WR 4’s acting as 1’s and an OC with absolutely no creativity to scheme players open. It’s gotten so bad that Tasker and Brown on WGR are saying we need more Dawson Knox? We need more plays to our TE2? WTF? Schem open Kincaid, what does Samuel do well, scheme him, swing Cook out wide and have Samuel run the ball. I created that play in literally 22seconds how come our OC can’t think of anything but a bubble screen that gets our guys killed?

Absolutely hate the bubble screen.  Always seems to develop so slowly.  And they always seem to run it at the worst time.  Honestly hoping dogballs doesn't make it on the Giants and we can get him back as OC

2 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

We ALL knew what this season was likely going to be.  

We gutted a bunch of defensive players.  We traded stallworths Diggs and Davis.  We didn't trade up for a WR or trade for a #1.

You cannot think that we will have a stacked roster year in, year out.  There HAS to be some rebuilding..  and this is it.  There is something called "the cap".

We are retooling.  Hoarding draft pics etc.

I am not surprised the talent level has dropped off.  Does it suck, sure.  But we are regrouping to enter into Allen's second window imo.

Everyone needs to calm down.  

Not sure what people thought Davis was but Shakir is much better.  Emotions play too much on this board.  Yes we are 3-2 but not by any stretch out of the playoffs.  Young players will get better further in the season and having players back will help on defense.  Not sure what to make of the offense but as long as we win our last game of the year being the super bowl I'm fine

30 minutes ago, WeckMonster said:

Offensive head coach. Hit on draft picks. Avoided bad contracts.

Bills have a DC as head coach. wasted high picks on Basham, Elam, Epanesa, etc. Bad contracts for Von, Knox, Bass, etc. Diggs debacle.

We are where we are. Can’t throw good $ after bad chasing above avg this year.

This whole offensive head coach thing is my new favorite thing on these boards haha like there isn’t a long list of offensive head coaches that have been held back by bad defenses and that the chiefs don’t win with defense all the time due to great defensive coaching. 

there’s literally an apparently genius level offensive mind that can’t really get to the next level because of the defense in our own division 😂. And his mentor Kyle Shanahan is apparently an even better offensive wizard and can’t beat the chiefs either.

literally what sets the chiefs apart in a league with several great offenses is that playoff defense always makes the huge play when they need it 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

And just how do you think the Bills afford to do so?  

Some of you just totally forget the cap (and not to mention, availability of personnel)

Well who manages the cap? Some of you totally forgot how we are in this situation. 

3 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Then why are you wasting my time arguing against a point you are now agreeing on? 

smh. 

You're acting like there's all these people surprised by what's happening.

There's not. At least not by people who've been paying attention.

The overreactions on this thread & board right now border on comical.

While it isn't all "we're fine," we lost on a long FG w/ regulation expiring, on the road, to a top team.  

I feel like people just started watching the game.  The Ravens game was bad, but everyone knows we were starting to roll until that trick play.  I can probably go back and look at the last 20 Super Bowl finalists, and find much worse losses & stretches in their regular season for most of them than what we've had here.

We gutted a bunch of defensive players.  We traded stallworths Diggs and Davis.  We didn't trade up for a WR or trade for a #1.

You cannot think that we will have a stacked roster year in, year out.  There HAS to be some rebuilding..  and this is it.  There is something called "the cap".

I am not surprised the talent level has dropped off.  Does it suck, sure.  But we are regrouping to enter into Allen's second window imo.

We were spoiled for the past 5 seasons.  We couldn't win it all and now it's time to re-build.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

You're acting like there's all these people surprised by what's happening.

There's not. At least not by people who've been paying attention.

Lmao.  

You just went on a rant about the Bills brass gaslighting everyone and selling the whole “everyone eats” thing.  

Just stop man.  You don’t even make sense anymore. 

1 minute ago, Blackbeard said:

Lmao.  

You just went on a rant about the Bills brass gaslighting everyone and selling the whole “everyone eats” thing.  

Just stop man.  You don’t even make sense anymore. 

Dude says to stop putting words in his mouth then proceeds to do exactly that to others. 😂

Where did I ever say we believed it, eh?  Ever think that people are tired of getting BS'ed?   

Apparently not.

22 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Do you just like to argue?  

No one who has an inkling of understanding of how the cap works, and the current state of the Bills, is shocked here.  Only just pissed for a potentially down season. I'm sorry you're limited in understanding things and were seemingly duped by the Bills in the off season. 

Not quite sure this is a major overhaul. Just a regrouping of certain players aging out.  

The coaching question is a different thread.

Look, here's the problem I have with this "mini-rebuild" argument...heavy roster turnover is a constant in the NFL, even among top teams (the Chiefs have only three starters left from their 2020 Super Bowl team), and the Bills still have a lot of continuity and veteran talent in place, especially at QB, CB and the offensive and defensive line, where continuity matters a lot.   

It seems to me that the "mini-rebuild" argument is just a way to give Beane and McDermott a free pass for whatever happens this season, when they've been in charge of this operation for eight seasons now and have yet to show acceptable results.  Teams with true franchise quarterbacks should never really have a down year unless the quarterback gets hurt.  To the extent the Bills problems this year are a result of the dead cap they are carrying (which I don't believe), who do you think is responsible for all that dead cap space?  

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Dude says to stop putting words in his mouth then proceeds to do exactly that to others. 😂

Where did I ever say we believed it, eh?  Ever think that people are tired of getting BS'ed?   

Apparently not.

Get well soon. 

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

I hate this very topic, the Pats and KC did this after winning Superbowls. You don’t do this after coming up short 2 years in a row or if you do you pick 1 side of the ball ( which should have been defense). Josh is going to get killed out there because we have a bunch of WR 4’s acting as 1’s and an OC with absolutely no creativity to scheme players open. It’s gotten so bad that Tasker and Brown on WGR are saying we need more Dawson Knox? We need more plays to our TE2? WTF? Schem open Kincaid, what does Samuel do well, scheme him, swing Cook out wide and have Samuel run the ball. I created that play in literally 22seconds how come our OC can’t think of anything but a bubble screen that gets our guys killed?

Neither of those teams had a disgruntled wr that was at the very least mentally checked out.  It’s apples and oranges. The tyreek trade got rolling because their agent bluffed trying to drive his price up for kc 😂 he didn’t want to leave at all

the jets are 2-3 and losing close games while a good player they traded for refuses to show up which is the danger you run when trying to placate unhappy, disruptive players.  gotta know when to get what you can for a guy that doesn’t like his situation and move on or not take it on in the first place.  Bills got some great years out of Diggs but he clearly wasn’t happy and it was time to move on before he leaves as a free agent and you get nothing or he tanks his trade value 

I am thankful some of y’all aren’t running this team lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

I, for one, did not expect both Josh and McDermott to regress.  

They both certainly have. 

That’s worrisome to me.